Smoktech, Smoktek, And Dc Cartos

It's taken me nearly a month to realize there's a difference between smoktech and smoktek lol. Ok, so smoktech.com appears to be the manufacturer and only sells HUGE quantities on their site. Smoktek.com appears to be more for the individual customer, and let me point out that i could care less whether they're affiliated in any way or not. So, 2 questions:

Does smoktek.com sell actual smoktech carto's? If not, where is a good place to buy them? I like my Boge's but could use a little more throat hit, so i'm curious to try a dual coil.

Next question: When dealing with dual coil cartomizers, what is the correct way to calculate the resistance vs. volts? I usually use this chart to make sure i'm in the 'green' area.

Do i count the resistance of one coil or both? So for example, if i were using the Smoktech 1.25 Ohm Clear Dually carto pbusardo reviewed in this video:

on my ego 3.7v battery, do i count the total resistance as 1.25 ohms or 2.5 since there's 2 x 1.25 ohm coils? If it's 1.25 then by looking at the chart, i'd be in danger of blowing the carto.

Thanks is advance!

Edited by danpio1217

i dont think theres any way you can possibly blow dual coils unless u run them at ridiculous voltage. Some people run 1.5-2ohms at 5-6v cuz of the warm throathit and have no problems with the coils popping. You can do those with Dual Coils because of the design.

Anyways, I use dual coil cartomizers, I dont shop at many places but I get my clear smoktech XL 1.5 DCC's from sweet-vapes, and I get shorty DCC's from madvapes (they are as tall as boge cartos).

I found this info on dcc but it hurt my brain reading it, http://www.madvapes.com/Dual-Coil-Cartomizers_b_14.html

Edited by twelveday

low resistance should be matched with low voltage.

higher resistance gets matched with higher voltage.

a 1.5-2.0ohm carto/atty will give you plenty warm (sometimes even hot depending on what resistance/voltage) vapor.

i run 1.5ohm atty's and 1.7ohm carto's on my 3.7v LEO and the vapor is super warm. run that same atty/carto on a 5v mod and the vapor would be hot. in my opinion, uncomfortable. and you would be at risk of burning juice, blowing the coil, etc...

your eGo (depending on mah) is fine to run 1.5ohm stuff. i wouldn't go lower personally, i just wouldn't feel safe doing it, even 1.5ohm is pretty damn low. if it's a 600mah eGo you really shouldn't even be running anything lower than like 1.8 or 2.0ohm stuff. same reason you can't run super lr stuff on a stick battery, there's just not enough mah in the battery. if you've got over 600mah your'e fine to run real lr stuff on it. i just personally would not go lower than a 1.5ohm atty/carto. 1.25ohm resistance dual coil carto just doesn't sound safe. but that's just me, could be paranoia.

i just know that there are certain parameters your'e ok to run and with mods exploding in people's faces i'd want to stick in a semi safe zone. 1.5ohm on a 600+mah battery at 3.7v is generally recognized as safe. anything lower, and well, proceed with caution imho.

Thanks blu, the lowest ohm cartos i have right now is the in 2 range, but I'm exploring picking up some dual coil carto's to get more throat hit and just want to make sure i'm covered.

From what i understand, a 1.25 ohm DC carto is 2 x 2.5 ohm coils running parallel, so I'd essentially be covered on my 1000mah 3.7v ego passthrough. I'd still like to do some more research on it tho and understand it all better just to prevent any freak accidents. Plus a VV ego battery is inevitable, it's just a matter of time, so I want to make sure I've got this stuff down.

dual coils are kind of a grey area in my opinion. technically your'e running two fairly standard resistance coils, but at the same time together they're drawing way more power than what a standard coil does. i run dc 1.5ohm carto's every once in awhile, i would just personally be wary of running anything lower than a 1.5ohm carto/atty. it just seems excessive to me. like i said, 1.5ohm is plenty warm enough to create good vapor production with plenty of warmth.

For me personally, I've found that 2.0 ohm Boge's pack a more satisfying punch than 1.5 ohm Dual Coil cartomizers for most juices, but there are a couple juices that just work better with dual coils. the vapor from dc's is hotter that single coils, and goes through batteries faster, but one of the biggest advantages is that they make enormous dc cartomizers, and boge's have remained small, so you're refilling a lot, they do make an xl version of the boge's, but i've found that they not only don't hold any more liquid, but they don't work for crap, i would get one or two good hits then it just tasted aweful.... not really sure what went wrong, i've tried just about every type of cartomizer out there, and i always end up back with boge 2.0 ohm.

Also, variable voltage eGo batteries already exist, they're called eGo twist batteries, http://www.joyetech.com/product/twist.php