Flavor Favorites And Tips

Mike

As you know there are a number of flavor makers and depending on which flavor and who makes it determines how strong it might be and the actual taste in the end. I can generalize and say that most Lorann candy flavorings are quite strong and need about 10%-15% and Flavourart tobacco flavors are even stronger needing only 2%-6% etc. There are always exceptions so I'd like to discuss what we have learned about any or all specific flavors that we have experimented with so we can all learn more about them.

I'll go first.

Cookies n Cream by BlueMist DIY Flavoring-- vanilla ice cream with a slight "Oreo" cookie chocolate. Very tasty on it's own. Never tried to add anything to it. Can use 25%, more or less, for a great tasting vape with no perfumy taste.

Graham Cracker by Capella and Tobacco Regular by Flavor West--1st time I've used either of these so I took a shot in the dark and used 10% each in the same mix. I did good. I have a nice graham cracker tobacco now. I actually can't remember if I used less of the tobacco flavor or not but the total flavor % was 20%.

Cuban Supreme by FlavorArt-- A good base for a cigar flavor. Tastes like an expensive cigar but I like to add things such as marshmallow, bavarian cream, English toffee and/or chocolate. All you need is 2%-6% of Cuban Supreme flavor.

Artificial Apple by CK Products--This smells and tastes like freshly sliced green apples with a slight apple candy flavor. 15% is plenty, probably less.

Like Mike said, Tobacco flavors should be mixed in very low %. I've found out that most tobacco flavors are better in super low concentration (1-3%) at least for me, 'hints' of a tobacco taste are much more pleasing than full bodied flavor.

A general tip for all flavorings though, its always good to start with super low % then add to taste after you've tried it out. It will save you some $$ and help keep your supply of flavorings from being wasted. I've found that if I add too much, the e-liquid is basically ruined and starts to give off a hairspray alcoholic smell.

I love fruity flavors and I would suggest one of my favorite flavorings so far. HPNO, which is basically all the fruity flavors in the Hypnotic alcohol, minus the alcoholic flavoring. I mix in fruit flavors with this sometimes to change it up every now and then, its perfect for someone who loves sweet/fruity vapes. HPNO plain and variants I make have become my daily vape.

Oh, and if anyone is looking for a black licorice type flavor, Absinthe is dead-on. Tastes nothing like the drink. :wallbash:

How about fruit or bakery flavors? Bam says Capella has a real good strawbery, what other flavors are noteworthy? Kitsune and I like the butterscotch from FlavorWest but it isn't much different from the one I tried from CK products. And who has the best bavarian cream?

My daily vape could be Loranns Bavarian cream. Mixed 20-25%, all VG, 2-3% sweetener dissolved in PGA. Smells horrible after the first week, second week not real good either but that 3rd week is when its my favorite :)

I have a few other BC's but never get around to using them.

Capellas chocolate fudge brownie, 15% - tastes good after a water bath, tastes better after a week. Very dark. Carto killer :)

Fw yellow cake , tastes like a white cake with a hint of lemon. I am presently playing with this one trying to make a pineapple upside down cake.

Fw sugar cookie - tastes like a sugar cookie, very good base when mixed with other flavors like caramel,chocolate,raspberry and vanillas.

FA caramel - tastes like real caramel not chewy squares. This is a good mixer and needs sweetener.

Diyfs cappucino - very strong - tastes real - good when mixed with chocolate, caramel and vanilla custard.

I can go on. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by bamsbbq

Yes!!! I would like you to go on. This is very helpful and interesting.

FW Coumarin Pipe, a tobacco flavor that is not "smokey" tasting but does remind mind me of pipe tobacco and it's not super-concentrated. 20% is OK and other tobacco flavors will enhance this one.

BlueMist Cinnamon Bun and Danish Pastry, Another couple of flavors from BM that I like a lot along with Cookies n' Cream. 20% is a good starting point for these. They seem to need only a couple of days to steep.

I have Lorrann and Capella eggnog but haven't tried either yet, Also have Lorranne and Signature cheesecake which I need some direction or experimentation on.

Edited by Mike

Loranns eggnog sucks alone it is more nutmeg than anything.

Bams Basic Eggnog

mixed 70/30 PG/VG

start 60mg

target 24mg

final amount 10ml

4 ml 80 drops 40% 60mg Nic juice

.2 ml 4 drops 2% PG

3 ml 60 drops 30% VG

1.5 ml 30 drops 15% LorAnn ButterRum

1 ml 20 drops 10% LorAnn Eggnog

.3 ml 6 drops 3% FA Marshmallow

this is not an overly sweet eggnog. just a basic eggnog that isnt overwhelmed with nutmeg.Bams creamy eggnog for something different in this recipe sometimes i will omit 5 drops of the Butter Rum and add 5 drops of Kentucky Bourbon Flavoring24mg10ml final80 drops 60mg Nic juice(i use PG based) 4 drops PG54 drops VG25 drops LA Butter Rum 20 drops 10% LorAnn Eggnog 5 drops LA Bavarian Cream11 drops Flavor Apprentice Whipped Cream

Edited by bamsbbq

I don't have much patients when it comes to steeping my mixes but I always do a warm water bath. I do notice an improvement after a few days but usually they are pretty good right away. I just made a new one that I'm excited about. There are a lot of different flavors involved and I was trying to make something like Torque 56 going off of descriptions I've read about not how I remember it to be. One description was full flavored tobacco with a real good TH and hints of Coffee and Vanilla. With this in mind I put aside a bunch of ingredients and whipped up a big 30ml because I'm feeling lucky. The juice is only a couple hours old and I'm loving it already even though it tastes nothing like Halo's Torque 56. Here are my flavor ingredients in order from most to least:

FW Coumarin Pipe

BM Cookies n Cream

FW Tobacco Regular

PA DK Tobacco Base

BM Rob's Black Jack

FA Coffee Espresso

BM Honeysuckle Tobacco

FA Vape Wizzard

FA Perique Black

70/30 and 24mg because my noobie friends like high nic but I don't know if I want to share it now. The TH and Vapor is among the best I've created and if it steeps for the better this will be my greatest creation yet, at least for my taste. B)

After only 12 hours my creation tastes quite different. All the flavors have come together a little more and I can't notice the coffee and the vanilla/chocolate(cookies n cream) like I could last night. What I have at this point is a cigar flavor that is very close to a different Halo flavor, Bella Vellencia. It still has good TH and vapor and I do like the flavor but it's far off from what I was trying to do. It does have that real cigar taste and not as strong as Bella at this point. Still happy with it. :yes

Tip #12: Lots of sweetener doesn't make something super sweet

Exactly. Too much EM makes liquid bitter.

I usually stick with 1-3%

Good tip about the EM. In my case I super concentrated crystals in warm PG, waited a day, some crystals reformed at the bottom. I added just a little more pg, warmed it up again and repeated this proccess over the course of a week until I have the highest concentration of EM in my PG. I started of with almost a1/3 bottle of crystals and filled it not all the way to the top with PG. In the end I have a nearly full 30ml bottle of this stuff.

My question is: Should I use this at 1 or 2% or less and what if I were to disolve it in PGA or use Cotton Candy Flavoring?

I'm gonna try one of Bam's recipies tonight.

I just whipped up Bam's Bavarian Cream and a Honeysuckle Tobacco from Bluemist. My experience with BM DIY flavorings is 20% usually works well and 2 or 3 days to steep but do I really have to wait 2 or 3 weeks for the Bavarian Cream!?!

First ? Lol

Most cotton candy flavoring is EM

I would start my EM 1% - you can always add more, but can't take it away.

I have never used blue mist flavorings so I can't really answer that one. I know LorAnns BC needs to age a bit. So if the BM flavorings are good after two or three days, vape away :)

Here is another recipe that people like that I make.

12% capellas sweet strawberry

3% capellas vanilla cupcake

2% capellas vanilla custard

1-2% EM

1-2 drops of tart & sour per 10ml's

Warm water bath. Good right away but better after 3 days

How about Lorann's pear and pear naturals. I tried the natural one and it's real good but there is alcohol in it and you can't use too much without the alcohol hurting the flavor. I have the other one but haven't tried it yet. Anyone know about other pear flavors or the Lorann's I haven't tried? Pear is a flavor I like.

A note on my cigarish tobacco flavor. It works great with my Volt ecig. This juice will put hair on your chest and makes that little kr808 feel much bigger.

TPA Pear - you have to experiment with this.one for your own personal taste - some like it from 10-20%, a little EM and 1% cinnamon.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

I read somewhere that someone was looking for a honeysuckle flavor. The Bluemist honeysuckle tobacco is pretty good. Not too sweet, not much tobacco. The honeysuckle flavor is right on. It kinda reminds me of a tea with honey. Real easy to make. Just use 20% flavoring and you can vape it right away but it does get even better after a couple of days.

Butterscotch from FW is very tasty and vapable right after you make it but I'm vaping some that I made a few weeks ago and the flavor is outstanding now. I think I used about 20% also.

Other ingredients in these two are PG, Vg and nic, nothing else.

Butterscotch goes well with FA Cowboy also.

I'm feeling like trying something totally different today.

Edited by Mike

Flavor West Yellow Cake and Lorann Blueberry = Yum! I used much less blueberry than cake because I think it is a stronger flavor. Total flavor % is less than 20. First vape right after creation tastes great and it is a nice translucent purple color.

• 3 months later...