Janty Sticks Suck!

These little things look great on paper but the quality control must be horrible! Here's my experience so far:

I bought one from Janty USA. It had a bad switch (guessing) and would only work about half the time I pressed the button. I sent it back and actually got one that works. Knowing they were flakey, I bought a second from Parker at dietsmokes.com. When I got it, the atomizer wouldn't engage in the body so it didn't work at all. Sent it back and he sent me another one. I got it and had to screw the atomizer in really tight to get it to work. Only certain atomizers will even work in the thing. Now this new one has a bad switch and only works about half the time.

My recommendation is to not waste your money on these things. From my experience you have about a 1 in 4 chance of getting one that functions properly. Even then, it will probably break within the first month or so. Admittedly, both Janty and Parker have been great about replacing bad ones, but who wants to go through that hassle? So I ordered a V2.

Has anybody else had similar experiences with these things?

Hmmm we have had good luck with the Janty Stick to be honest. I know Royce had one bad unit, but it turned out only to be a problem with the battery. So far we have had 4 that all work great. Sean has the pre production unit that is still going after months. Royce has had his for at least a few months now and mine is still working, although it leaks a little around the light because I dropped it pretty hard. Other than that it works great. Maybe a bad batch? I'm not sure what to say. :(

You're not the first one to report this problem though, I think Vapor Vegas was having the same issue. (The button not working correctly)

Yup yup. I had a similar experience when I first got my JS. The first one I got was defective right out of the box. The button didn't work all the time and would get jammed sometimes. Took over 2 weeks to get a reply back from Parked, but he did send me a new one that's working great with no problems. The atty is well broken in now too, so I'm really enjoying it. Great consistent vapor and flavor. I do still have a problem with the button not engaging sometimes, but not nearly as bad as the first one. Only happens like once or twice a day and I can deal with that. You're right though, it doesn't feel very durable. I feel like I'll break the button if I press too hard and dropping it will definitely cause some damage.

Those VPs do look durable though. Made with steel instead of plastic like the JS. I plan on getting one as well in the next month or so. But for now, I'm happy with my JS. Sorry about your experiences with it though. I guess it's pretty much hit or miss with those things.

I actually have 2 VP1s for the 901.

1st version had unprotected battery but boy is that a great model!! Vape-alicious!!

2nd version is a little longer and had the protected battery also a very good model!!

I've gotten past the looking like a cig thing and who cares about colors -- just give me the critical stuff

1. taste

2. throat hit

3. vapor

4. consistently work with no fowlups.

absolutely yes on all 4 counts -- Me like this thang!!

Have you guys had experience with the VP2? It looks to be built like a tank.

Yup we have 2 of them, and they kick butt just as much as the VP1. It's pretty much the same thing but the battery life is better, maybe a little but more Vapor. Both Sean and Royce use the VP2 and they love it. I can honestly say I don't have anything bad to say about the VP units at all.

This always happens to me. As soon as I place an order for an e-cig , I start seeing stuff like this after hearing nothing but good things. Crap. Well mine should be here in a few days. I write a review.

Just so you guys know I have an atomizer that won't work on my VP2. Don't know why but, you talked about some atty's not working with the stick and I have an atomizer that doesn't work with my VP2. I don't know why this happens but, just wanted to let you guys know.

I did notice that the kissbox (stick) attys don't work with my 801 batteries. After taking a look, it seems the kissbox atty has 2 holes. I don't see any holes in the 801 atty. I've heard you guys talk about 2 hole, 4 hole, etc. What is the diffence? Could that be the issue with the VP2? Oh, the 801 attys work just fine in the stick.

Ha ha yea I always feel a little weird using the VP unit in public, it's pretty weird looking and you WILL get questions. But to me it's worth it. I dropped it twice today on a hard surface. Guess what happened? Nothing, it still works fine. The 510 would have been screwed by now.

My Janty Stick just came in yesterday. So far so good! I really love the size and shape. You can very easily conceal it in your hand while taking a draw. DUDE!! I am a complete fool.You know the little round design on the front that has the black lines and looks like a " vent" ...at least to me it did. So at first I am fumbling around trying to find a comfortable position to hold it without covering up the "intake" hole. It took me forever before my dumb *** took a closer look. HAHHAHAH good times. ALCOHOL had absolutely nothing to do with it I assure you. After examining it closer I really couldnt tell where the intake was. It hears like the air is coming in from near the top of the unit but I cant see any holes. I think I am really going to like this thing. But its only been 24hrs. We will see in 2-3 weeks.