Article Summarizing State Actions Targeting Electronic Cigarettes

myrielleak

http://www.csdecisions.com/2012/04/12/lawmakers-targeting-electronic-cigarettes/

Overall a good article, however i did not like the following quote:

“I am worried about some of the other brands out in the market because I don’t know where they are made, and because of concern over what happens if one of those injures a customer in any way,” Paduano said, adding that he looks to his wholesaler to supply reputable brands that he can trust.

Isn't a regular cigarette, regardless of where it is made, cause injury to consumers?

yeah but regular cigarettes don't blow up in your face.

at least with cigarettes you know exactly what they can, and will do to you. with a pv you expect it to be safe, and if any damage is to be caused to you it will be due to the nicotine or vapor consumption. not the battery blowing some of the teeth out of your mouth.

• 1 month later...

people i guess are fine with analogs cuz it doesnt have any immediately obvious dangerous effects. if a pv go wrong the consiquences are instantanious which is more terrifying in some eyes. a guy stopped me to ask what i was smoking (my kgo with a dct) and we got started talking about ecigs and he said arent you worried about it blowing up? i said not too much but i never let it slip completly out of my mind, i countered with arnt you worried that your cigs are gonna kill you as sure as ur standing? he replied, yea but not for a while... really? there was nothing i could say to make him possibley consider at least trying it. i had a spare tip and even offered him a drag but he had his mind made up to kill hiself with analogs, and i say to each his own... sad

I don't use stacked batteries so thought of blowups doesn't enter my mind very often at all. I also trust my battery vendor who sells true recharegable safe chemistry batteries. I do, however, worry that one might blow while charging and therefore have charging bags on my shopping list. I think its good to have a respect for the batteries and the safeguards. Vape on

Just vape it!