What Am I Doing Wrong?

teamchaos

Hi there! I have a several eGo/510 batteries that I use. I like the prefilled carts from vaporkings but I've fiddled around with filling my own (I do refill them) and tanks etc so it's not completely foreign to me. (I can't seem to vape a tank without tasting plastic and having it leak all over, so I'm not the most sophisticated user).

In a fit of openminded consumerism, I decided to try out two other sites for carts- from the first site I got a pack of 510 "disposable atomizers" that are white.. these: http://shop.goodprophets.com/product.sc?productId=231&categoryId=34

I can NOT get the white 510 carts to fire reliably on any of my batteries.. actually, only one of the carts has vaped at all and that lasted about 2 minutes- maximum.

and I got a bunch of these in various flavors: http://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/parts-accessories/510-compatible-parts/510-cartomizers/510-pre-filled-cartomizer-5pk/

and they taste like hot metal- regardless of the flavor, regardless of the battery (I have the standard batts that came w/ my eGo t, the XL eGo batts my husband got and the new batteries that came in the eGo c set up). It's not an enjoyable experience at all- hot enough to almost burn my lip and a choking metal flavor.

I am assuming that I am failing to understand something critical to having a good cartomizer experience. What should I be factoring in to NOT keep blowing money on stuff that isn't a good fit for me?

* please note- I'm not blaming or slamming the vendors at all! I think it's too big of a coincidence that I would have bad experiences with carts from two different sources and I've contacted at least one of the businesses about a related matter and he was awesome and responded quickly.

I may ask some stupid questions, but please note I don't mean to be mean/rude, I just want to help ;)

The first cartos were not prefilled, you did fill them with liquid first right?

The 2nd ones should work fine, BUT I personally have never used a prefilled atty with an Ego battery. I always make sure to fill mine myself, to be sure I am not getting a dry burn, which tastes like what you have described, hot, disgusting, and like hell.

Make sure they are filled completely with ejuice would be my first suggestion. 2nd I would make sure to purchase quality cartos from a quality vendor.

I get my Boge 2.0 cartos from here:http://www.crystalclearvaping.com/510-LR-Boge-tech-Soft-tip-Carto-18-22-ohm_p_8.html

They do need to be filled with a liquid (purchased seperately), but they last a long time, and produce vapor that far surpasses many other cartos.

/they really do sound like they are too dry. Have you tried pulling/prying the white cap off from the bottom of the carto. If filled, the white polly fill should look wet.

doesn't sound like it should be a battery problem. Ego batteries are compatible with a lot of device options...tanks, cartos, atomizers etc.

Sasetrase- Yup, filled them first. Let them sit over an hour as per the customer service advice... then let them sit over 24 hrs. I had loaded them w/ the plunger method and topped them off. If the carts were normal, I'd be worried about being gargly/soupy with how wet they are. I will check your source, thanks for the link!

Kitsune- I'm assuming you mean to check the liquid status from the connector end as opposed to popping the cap and checking the fill that way? I'll give it a shot. I guess it didn't dawn on me that I could have bought some too-dry "prefilled" but it certainly seems plausible now that you've pointed it out. Thank you!

It SHOULDN'T happen if you fill them enough then...

Possibly just low quality cartos? Does this happen every time right after you fill and start using it, or does it creep up on you after awhile?

Does it happen with all of the cartos? Even if you move to a new carto?

If you can safely rule out the cartos, then it might be a good idea to make sure your batteries are firing at the right voltage. If you have a multimeter you can check it pretty easily, but the chances that this happened to multiple batteries is REALLY REALLY REALLY slim.

If you use the cartos on multiple batteries and get the same problem it has to be the cartos then...

Edited by sasetrase

all i can think of is you either fired them up without juice in there, or you take hits off them too often and end up burning the filling, or the wicking material is bad, or the atomizer is bad.

My guess is the cartomizers are bad, Ive started with the boge cartomizers and Ive mistreated and vaped heavily on them for a while, and the only metallic tasting one I had was because I put it on my battery and started vaping not knowing I forgot to put juice in it. I even fill it with 50pg/50vg juice and vape it directly after, I dont let them 'set', and they work fine. Same goes for these 1.7ohm single coil cartomizers form smoktech I recently been using, use them the same way and no problems.

Then again when I look again, it could be mismatched voltage/cartomizer resistance, could be putting out too much power and melting stuff.