4.8Volt Ni-Mh Batteries...turn Your 18650 Mod Into A 5V Beast

So I have only been using these for two days but I can't wait to shout out from the mountain tops about these batteries.

As some of you know I recently won a glv XL mini from great lakes vapor. These will take 1 18650 for 3.7 volts or 2 stacked 3.0 123a's for 6 ish volts.

I am not much of a fan of 3.7 volts. I would normally be constantly charging my batteries with them. Once my battery dropped below 4 volts it was to weak of a vape for me. With low resistance on a 3.7 device the flavor and vapor was great but throat hit was always lacking IMO.

I have also tried six volt vaping using two stacked 3 volt batteries. Aside from this being unsafe to some it was wayyyy to strong of a vape. It would produce great vapor and throat hit but would always give me a bad burnt flavor.

4.5-5.3 volts is kind of where I have ended up settling. When I first heard I had won the glv XL mini I was ecstatic but almost asked if I could just get a 5V glv2. I soon realized that doing that would be incredibly rude of me. They are promoting a new product by giving one away and whether or not I like 3.7 volts I should be happy(and I am)with what I got.

It was then that I remembered the strange green 5v batteries from mad vapes and ens. I did a little bit of research on them and was sold. I ended up ordering 2 of them and a charger(YOU MUST USE A SPECIAL CHARGER WITH THESE BATTERIES!).

These batteries have been sitting in my drawer waiting for the GLV to come to get some use(I don't have any other 18650 mods). I charged them when I got them and they read 5.6 volts fully charged. My GLV arrived yesterday and I immediately popped them in, threw on a carto, and pressed the button. It was love at first vape. They put out TONS of vapor, throat hit, and drop down to the perfect voltage for flavor. Using a boge 3 ohm carto I metered them to 5.1 volts fresh off the charger.

I thought the only downside of these batteries was the mah rating. At 600mAh you would probably get more life out of an ego battery but that isn't the case. Even though these start at 5.1 volts under load they drop down to 4.8 volts loaded within the first 10 minutes of vaping and stay around that voltage until they are about dead.

I have fully cycled both batteries already and am getting between 6 and 8 hours of vaping per battery. Once I feel the voltage start to drop I pop them back on the charger. I metered them at 4.5 volts under load after 8 hours of vaping and felt they needed a charge.

I would say it stayed in the 4.7-4.8 volt range for a solid 7 hours or so of vaping before they started trailing.

All in all these batteries are pretty amazing. They last a lot longer than I thought they would and deliver a perfect vape for me every time. If you own an 18650 mod I would highly recommend you pick up a set of these and give them a go. The only downside is that you cannot use these on a standard charger. The charger for these batteries is 14.99.

Www.electronicstix.com

sent from my ice cream sandwiched Samsung fascinate

• 5 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines