Riva Se 4.2? Looking For A Solid 4.2 Mod Or Batt.

sasetrase

Turns out VV mods or extreme mods are not going to be my every day vape. I love my ego-c...LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

But...I do want higher voltage on a battery than the Ego batteries. The 3.7 is solid, but I would like to go to about 4.2 or in that area. I have found the Riva Special Edition, which supposedly runs at 4.2 volts pretty consistently. Anyone use the Riva SE?

I love the idea of the bolt mod, but it is only 3.7, and I just want a LITTLE BIT more from my vape than what I can get with 1.5ohm carto and my Ego...

I have found typical Riva reviews, and they are about the same quality as JoyeTech from what I understand, same charger, simply without the Power Management circuit board in them, or a different one.

I do not want a mod. I like simple, way simple. Ego/Riva/ battery type is all I need.

Must be 510/EGO compatible. I will be using LR 1.5-2.0 cartos/attys on these batts.

Any ideas or suggestions? Possibly a Riva SE user who could let me know if the Ego => Riva difference was anything signifciant?

Edited by sasetrase

From what I've read on the Riva SE it is an unregulated batt.

which means it will start out at ~4.2v then steadily drop just like any other

unregulated batt.such as the bolt mod you mentioned.

Ego batt's are regulated so that they maintain the their voltage better.

If you don't want a vv mod which is the best way to maintain a consistent

higher voltage then I would suggest an ego booster.

I don't personally like the way they look but to each their own :)

HTH

not all unregulated batts are created equal though keep that in mind. there are some that start out at a high voltage then start dropping like a brick within an hour or so. they suck.

then there are others that start out at a high voltage and really only drop a few .00's which is no big deal and honestly something most people would never even recognize. my LEO batt's for example start out fresh off the charger at like 3.6v or so, and after about 6hours in they're still roughly at 3.5 or 3.4v which is a change no one would ever even notice.

from what i've read the kgo is the best unregulated "eGo type" batt out there. it is unregulated, but comes off the charger at 4+v and only drops slightly from there. the only time you'd ever really notice a good unregulated battery's drop is within the last half hour or so, and i never even run my batts down that far. usually by the time my LEO's hit the red part of their battery life they go on the charger.

if i was going to go with an eGo type batt the kgo would be my choice for sure.

just my .02

edit- unless they changed the eGo c batt from the other standard eGo batts, it's regulated at roughly 3.2-3.4v, so you may not have even really tried a good 3.7v batt yet.

Edited by blucavvy