Carto/atty Voltage Tests... 1.7 Resurrector Wins!

mjradik

So I got my lava tube clone (Apallo VTube) in today. So I decided to do some tests.

All tests using new or almost new attys/cartos. I notice on the lava tube, using a old/worn atty/carto the max voltage drops off significantly. For lava tube, with the exception of the 'no load' test, its set at 6v. The theory max below is what that atty/carto should be able to do according to the mathmatical equation and this chart. https://docs.google....kwUEJEZXc#gid=1

dc=dual coil carto. Voltages are 'first hit' voltages.. not a long drag.

....... ...... Theory Max ..... ego batt ...... lava tube

no load ......... N/A ..... 3.76-3.8 ..... 2.93-6.2

1.6 dc ......... 4.0 ..... 3.42-3.45 ..... 3.59-3.66

1.7 res ......... 4 3 ..... 3.47-3.49 ..... 3.99-4.18

emdcc ......... 4.0 ..... 3.47-3.49 ..... 4.09-4.21

2.5 dc ......... 6.0 ..... 3.54-3.57 ..... 4.6-4.9

3.0 atty ........ 7.4+ ..... 3.57-3.59 ..... 5.4-5.6

SR ego-t atty .. ??? ..... 3.53-3.55 ..... 4.6-4.7

If you adjust the lava tube to just below the max limit of the device, voltages are more consistent through out the vape. The longer drag you take, or the hotter the atty/cartos gets, the more the voltage drops off. (well below what I listed above)

With the exception of the emdcc and the resurrector, I think the lava tube is 'too carefull'.. meaing it drops the voltages even if it might not have to. Thats one thing I don't like about it. Its says the amp limit is 2.5, but I think its closer to 2.0. Because a 2.5 ohm catro should go to 6 volts, but the lava tube won't let it even get to 5. That sux... In short the lava tube is an OK VV device... If I was a 'pro' vaper, I wouldn't like it at all.

I don't think the emdcc is truly 1.6 ohm, because the lavatube can rock it at 4.2 volts, and a 1.6 ohm device shouldn't be able to go above 4.0 volts.

I notice the 2.5, 3.0 and SR ego-T atty get real hot real quick when vaping at it max limit. yes the vape is warm, but man, it almost burnt me when I touched it. Thats a turn off for me.

The 2.5 DC I was using was from mad vapes. Was not impressed with it even at 4.9 volts.

In short after vaping all day, the emdcc and resurrector at 4.1 volts BLOW THE SOCKs OFF the 2.5 and 3.0 device at higher voltages. I get a more satifying vape rocking the 1.7 resurrector at 4.1 volts, than the 2.5 dc at 4.9 volts. Maybe its the carto, i dunno. And there is a huge difference between the resurrector on the ego at 3.49 volts, and on the lava tube at 4.1 volts. The emdcc at 4.1 is almost just as good.

I think I'm going to stick with the resurrector in a tank mod setup and the emdcc for now at 4.1 volts..

Edited by mjradik

uh.. oh... I'm starting to dislike my lava tube... First off, I think I may have a bad battery (not the lava tube's fault)... Battery life SUX. Its a 2200 mah. My ego is a 900mah. So in theory, if I vape my lavatube at 3.7v at all times, the battery should last twice as long... Well nope.. Its only lasting HALF as long as my ego battery.

And second, voltage is horrible as the battery dies. The instructions state it will maintain voltage even as the battery discharges... Well not really. Only after about an hour or so of vaping, the voltage on my battery dropped to 3.5v (from a 4.2 max) I notice the vaping on my resurrector starting to suck.. hook up my volt meter. The resurrector, now is also only vaping at 3.5 volts, not 4.1, as with a freshly charged batt. The EMDCC and the 1.6 DC are now vaping at 3.0-3.1 volts. The 2.5 DC, is vaping at 4.1 volts (not 4.9) and the 3.0 atty is vaping at 4.6 volts (not 5.6).... GEEZE THATS HORRIBLE.

I dunno if I'm going to keep using this.. I could always warrenty the battery, but prolly not worth it if I'm going to take advantage of apollo's 30 day money back guarentee. As of now, with the exception of getting 4.1volts on my resurrector for about 20-30 minutes, my ego battery is out preforming my lavatube...

Are you saything that you think your resurrectors fried 2 of your batteries? What kind of batteries? I never had issues with them. I've ordered and used over 25 of them the past 4 months, no issues on my ego batt.

Do you tihnk they could be causing my bad batt in my LT? hmm... Maybe I can order a new LT batt, use it for several days with out the resurrector, then try it with, and see if it kills it.

one was a auto batt 280 mah my fault i guess i shouldnt use that on that batt, the other was a 14650 1050 mah i know those handle it. but not this time. not one problem since i stopped useing em.