Wood Tube Mod

whokrz

Beta test version 2:

I ran it at work for a day with no issues from the epoxied 510 connector. The only issue I had was the cone kept slipping off the tube because I didn't glue it in case the connector failed again. Last night I glued the cone to the tube again using CA. It held up just fine at work today. The wide base is working really well and doesn't get knocked over like it always used to. I also found that two tooth picks work great for removing the cap and they fit in my case without taking up any room.

I will take it backpacking with me and see how it holds up. I will only be using it for 3-4 days because the batteries will be dead by then. After that I will be onto my little riva, modded ce5s and a solar charger. I can already hear the fish jumping in the lake and smell the pine trees :D

6148803041_7763684c16.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Some information I would like to pass along.

cancer2.jpg

I will be posting the LG mod that is pictured above in the classys tomorrow noonish. This mod has been donated by Lewis Gentry, LordDavon and Discount vapors and the proceeds will go to Jennifer Cook of Phiniac.com Charity Fund.

• 2 weeks later...

Kevin's Penelope in Thuya Burl

IMG_4042.jpg

IMG_4043.jpg

IMG_4044.jpg

My son Jonathan decided that he wanted to turn a battery tube.

Here is his Segelei LT in acrylic #45 - Peacock. Next week he plans to make a DCT and a tip for it.

IMG_4046.jpg

I would like to show off a pen that my son made for is girl friends birthday. It is a click pen turned in thuya burl

IMG_4072.jpg

My son finished up the tank for his segelei LT and I still have to turn the tip. My wife who doesn't vape found out it was for sale and bought it before the tank is even finished. When I finish the tip I will post pictures of that as well. The wife plans on getting some no nic flavors to try out in her new toy.

Robert's DCT turned in cocobolo

IMG_4074.jpg

IMG_4075.jpg

IMG_4076.jpg

Possibly Dave's DCT turned in black ash. A attempt to match his battery tube.

IMG_4077.jpg

IMG_4078.jpg

IMG_4079.jpg

Edited by whokrz

Here are pictures of the mod my son turned. He turned the battery tube and the tank. I turned the tip. It is a Segelie LT in acrylic #45 - Peacock. My wife informed me that I was purchasing it for her B-day :)

IMG_4101.jpg

IMG_4102.jpg

IMG_4103.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a preview Jojobo's Provari fresh off the lathe. I can't wait to see how it looks with the matching Iatty and tip.

IMG_4115.jpg

Thinking I need to buy a Provari for my PV after seeing how this came out.

A preview of Kevin's Provari with clear acrylic display screen, built in cap and matching button. Turned in #65 - Desert Oasis Acrylic

I am not sure if this style can be turned in wood with CA finish because of the clear acrylic display.

IMG_4141.jpg

IMG_4142.jpg

Provape uses Loctite 3979 Light Cure Adhesive to secure the circuit board in place. This glue requires a UV light to harden the glue. The Loctite UV light cost around $900. Because of this cost I will be using RTV to secure the circuit board in place. RTV should hold the circuit board in place and is also removable if the Provari requires repair in the future.

Edited by whokrz

Just few pictures :D

First is a group shot. I have never had this many mods sitting here at one time and I couldn't resist lining them all up. These mods took about 2 weeks to complete.

IMG_4145.jpg

Jojobo's polished stainless Provari with inset cap, Iatty and drip tip. Turned in Amboyona Burl.

IMG_4169.jpg

IMG_4170.jpg

IMG_4171.jpg

IMG_4179.jpg

IMG_4180.jpg

IMG_4181.jpg

Kevin's Provari with acrylic display, acrylic button, covered cap and comfort drip tip. Turned in Acrylic #65 - Desert Oasis

IMG_4172.jpg

IMG_4173.jpg

IMG_4174.jpg

IMG_4198.jpg

IMG_4200.jpg

IMG_4202.jpg

The curve of the new clear acrylic display magnifies the display

IMG_4196.jpg

IMG_4207.jpg

IMG_4197.jpg

IMG_4208.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A group shot of the latest tips I turned.

IMG_4434.jpg

My newest design. A comfort tip with a captured ring. I believe these are the first tips with a captured ring. This design is based from the captured rings on goblets. #2 and #4 are made from a Genesis blank, I believe this is the first time a tip has been made from this material.

IMG_4383.jpg

IMG_4403.jpg

Seven of Kevin's tips. #1, #3 and #5 are made from Wonder Wood - Earth, I believe this is the first time a tip has been made from this material. Thanks Kevin for finding this material.

IMG_4361.jpg

#3 is possibly the first tip made from deer antler. The other two are made from Glow Stonez.

IMG_4404.jpg

IMG_4407.jpg

These tips are made from the remaining blanks of Tru-Stone that Kevin sent me. I wanted to see how far I could push the Tru-stone. The disk on the red tip is extremely thin and fragile.

IMG_4414.jpg

SLT-001 Segelei LT with Griffin atomizer and tip, turned in Stabilized Fiddleback Koa.

IMG_4435.jpg

• 4 weeks later...