Ce2 Vs Tank?

brijmin

What's the difference between a CE2 and a Tank?

I am going to get a ProVari or a LavaTube [VariTube] and was going to get a Tank, but i dont see the difference between a CE2 [fluxomizer] and a Tank other then the size.

To me the both "look" the same.

Anyone out there have a tank system and vendor they like?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

a fluxomizer or clearomizer is just a clear cartomizer that uses a "wicking" material as opposed to polyfill like a cartomizer. They generally hold 1-2ml's only.

a tank is basically a big device that holds 5-awholelotta ml's of juice, inside is a "punched" cartomizer which is how the juice is turned into vapor. Depending on where you get ur tank some vendors sell pre punched carto's. Some people decide to punch their own carto's. Basically the carto has a hole in it (the "punch") to allow the juice to get to the carto to be vaporized. The tank just holds a bunch of juice so you don't have to continually fill a 1ml carto. It fills itself.

this info really should be stickied somewhere.

What's the difference between a CE2 and a Tank?

I am going to get a ProVari or a LavaTube [VariTube] and was going to get a Tank, but i dont see the difference between a CE2 [fluxomizer] and a Tank other then the size.

To me the both "look" the same.

Anyone out there have a tank system and vendor they like?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

I'm gonna jump in here bc nobody has actually answered your question.

A CE2, also known as a fluxomizer or clearomizer is essentially a "tank." They typically come in .8ml and 1.8ml sizes, but no one refers to them as "tanks."

When ppl refer to tanks, they are talking about MAP tanks or similar. These typically hold 3ml - 5ml in juice. There are tanks designed to use CE2's and tanks designed to use dual-coil cartomizers.

The actual tank you get depends on whether or not you prefer ce2's or dual coils, bc the tank itself is seperate from the atomizing unit that is placed inside it. Once the unit burns out or quits working, you can replace the ce2 or dual coil without having to buy a new tank.

A simple google search of MAP tank will produce many vendors selling tanks. You just have to decide if you want to use ce2's or dual coils.

I personally have a provari and use a 5 ml ce2 MAP tank. I like the ce2's bc you can get a 5 pack for $12 from gotvapes.com

I've never tried dual coils because they are typically around 1.5 ohms. With such a low resistance the provari's protection circuit wont allow you to vape them at higher voltages.

That's what I needed to know. Thanks a bunch. I personally like the CE2, but I have found that not all my juice works well with them. I think its more of a combination of voltage, juice mixture that makes them work well or not so much.

Thanks again.