A Few Start-Up Questions

Stirfry

ok. i just got my first e-cig in the mail today and i have a few questions. first off, i got a Joye 510 Kit, a PCC, and a small bottle of menthol Juice

1. i got some menthol juice (i am a menthol smoker), but the carts that came with the cig are MLB... and i do not have blank carts.. and i do not like non-menthol regular cigarettes, normally. most places i have found are out of blank 510 carts. so... this is a two part question:

-a. is there a way to clean out the MLB juice without having to vape it.

-b. does menthol just taste like menthol, or a menthol cigarette? and if it just tastes like menthol, of i add menthol on top of the MLB carts will it taste like ***, or will it taste like a MLB Menthol?

2. i got a PCC. good news is they have been factory updated to accept manual batteries (there is now a molded slot for the maual button to clear).

the question is:

can i charge cig battery while charging PCC? meaning can i do my 8 hour initial charge of my second battery using the PCC, or do i have to charge the first one (plugged into wall charger now) then do the second battery in the wall charger after the first one is done. (this kit does not come with a USB charger, only a wall charger).

i have read and watched all the info i could find so other than the above questions i think i am good to go for now.

waiting for this first 8 hour charge finish is seriously going to test my patients, lol.

-a. is there a way to clean out the MLB juice without having to vape it.

-b. does menthol just taste like menthol, or a menthol cigarette? and if it just tastes like menthol, of i add menthol on top of the MLB carts will it taste like ***, or will it taste like a MLB Menthol?

a- if you take off the mouthpiece with the cart in it from the atomizer, you can push the cart out by inserting a small nail (or i use a paper clip) into the little hole at the top of the mouthpiece and apply a little bit of pressure till the cart falls out. From there take the cart with the same nail/ paperclip and pull out the foam looking filling. I would use a paper towel to handle the filler, you dont want all that juice to get absorbed into your skin. Then take it over to a sink with some warm water and start squeezing it till it turns completely white. Then squeeze the water as best you can from the filler till it seems dry, or even take a paper towel to it to help soak up the water. Then take the filler and stuff it into the empty cart carefully, it will tend to only want to go in ONE way the way the filler is cut. Once you get it packed in there, you can fill it with whatever juice you want. Just be careful on not flooding the cart, you want to fill it just enough to where it sorta pools at the top a little. You can poke the filler with your paperclip and make the filler absorb more juice.

b- as far as menthol juices tasting like menthol, they really do! Ive tried 4 brands of menthol and its more of a minty very cooling feel when you vape it. Mixing juices together WILL give it a distinct flavor, but menthol is a very overpowering one. If you added it to your starter cartridges it will taste more menthol like, not necessarily like crap B)

can i charge cig battery while charging PCC? meaning can i do my 8 hour initial charge of my second battery using the PCC, or do i have to charge the first one (plugged into wall charger now) then do the second battery in the wall charger after the first one is done

When i received my Joye 510 starter kit I just took 1 of the battery's and immediately started vaping. At the same time i had the spare battery plugged into the wall charger. I never have waited 8 hours for a charge, the charger light will turn green when the bat is fully charged which happened with mine out of the box in about 30-45mins. Then i took the charged battery off the charger and started using it and put the uncharged one back on the charger. You shouldn't have any problems doing this.

:punk: Hope this helps.

Edited by Sinikal

Im not to sure about the PCC question, but I do know that you can either pull out the white "fuzzy" stuff inside the cart and just rinse it under some tap water. That will get rid of the MLB flavor juice(which doesnt taste to bad to me IMO)then just roll it between a paper towel to dry and suck out any water, then once dry stuff it back into the cart and put your menthol in. OR , you can just drip right into the MLB, it will mix and more than likely the menthol will dominate. Menthol is really the best flavor that you could mix with another flavor. just make sure you take a few drags first because if you drip into a full cart it will just puddle up and overflow and youll get juice in your mouth and all that good stuff...I hope i was able to help a little.

ok. i tried it. i like the amount of vapor, but the taste is not the greatest. i took a few drags of the MLB and it was ok, then i added a couple of menthol drops on top of it and i can definitely taste it. however, it is mint, not menthol. both in flavor and feel. flavor wise it is mint, not menthol. and feel wise it "tasted" like mint, but didn't "feel" like menthol (or even mint) like it does in a cigarette or breath mint where you can feel it in your nose and throat.

i am aware there may be a "break in" period, so we will see how it goes later today.

FOR SURE i will be getting some Vapor Talk Mentha! i heard it is more of a true "menthol" rather than a "mint" flavor. the stuff i got (electronicstix.com Menthol NIQUID) is definitely MINT.

plus i am very interested in trying VT Cappuccino as well. ;)

part of me has the feeling that any menthol juice may never meet my expectation compared to analog smokes, so i may just look for a flavor (like coffee/cappuccino) that i will associate only with the new e-cigs. does that make sense?

ok. i tried it. i like the amount of vapor, but the taste is not the greatest. i took a few drags of the MLB and it was ok, then i added a couple of menthol drops on top of it and i can definitely taste it. however, it is mint, not menthol. both in flavor and feel. flavor wise it is mint, not menthol. and feel wise it "tasted" like mint, but didn't "feel" like menthol (or even mint) like it does in a cigarette or breath mint where you can feel it in your nose and throat.

i am aware there may be a "break in" period, so we will see how it goes later today.

FOR SURE i will be getting some Vapor Talk Mentha! i heard it is more of a true "menthol" rather than a "mint" flavor. the stuff i got (electronicstix.com Menthol NIQUID) is definitely MINT.

plus i am very interested in trying VT Cappuccino as well. ;)

part of me has the feeling that any menthol juice may never meet my expectation compared to analog smokes, so i may just look for a flavor (like coffee/cappuccino) that i will associate only with the new e-cigs. does that make sense?

Yea alot of the menthol ive tried had a very Peppermint taste to it as well. I did however try puresmoker's menthol and it was more realistic to a Kool analog. I have the Metha on the way! I was also a menthol smoker, and i have found myself vaping my Cola flavor juice for almost a full week. You will get used to it, and your right, nothing will really taste like an analog. Something about it having no tar/ chemicals/ and ash to add :D I try and find some subtle flavors that aren't too sugary and not too dry. Dont worry you will find the brand you like eventually :icecream:

You can charge the battery and the ppc at the same time. I'm not sure if someone already said that or not. (I skimmed the post, you guys are on top of things today!)

As for the Menthol, there are members who buy juice from almost every supplier trying to find the right menthol. The tobacco users do the same thing, they are always looking for that perfect tobacco. To be honest? Your not going to find it. Your only going to find something close. Menthol liquid does not use menthol crystals, so of course your never going to have a perfect menthol taste. Tobacco flavors will never taste exactly like tobacco because your never going to be burning anything. Peach will never taste like peach, because there is no peach inside, rather it will taste like peach candy. So try to keep that in mind when looking for juice. I just don't want new members expectations to be to high. :)

thanks.

either way i have heard so many good comments about VT Mentha....

... i just ordered some of it, along with some VT Cappuccino - and an extra atomizer for the cappuccino, since i hear menthol taints the atomizers and both mine are already mentholed up, lol.

also, is there a difference between "coffee" and "cappuccino" (in juices!)?... and if so is VT going to make a "Coffee"?

i'm kind of a coffee geek and prefer the taste of strong black coffee over fluffy coffee drinks.

i was wondering if those two flavors are distinctly different in e-juice as well?

thanks!

There is a very big difference. The Cappuccino, well it tastes sorta like Cappuccino, we tried to match it with what's popular on the market. As for the coffee flavor we have (not available at the moment) it tastes exactly like coffee candy. It's the closet to vaping coffee your going to get at the moment.

ok. day one was underwhelming. enough said. day two i was getting the hang of it. but today.... damn, i love this 510, lol.

average as far as cats go (i did rinse the MLB out of the carts and refilled with straight menthol juice, much better), but this thing is totally satisfying when dripping. good throat hit, nice warm vapor (JUST like an analogue!) along with plenty of vapor.

i hear various answers as far as how many nice hits you get from dripping (2 drops each time), but i see to only get like 5-6 good drags before vapor drops off. is that normal?

all in all, i extremely happy with this product - meaning the 510, as well as vaping in general.

the menthol juice is growing on me (as compared to analogues), though i am still excited to try the VT Mentha.

Edited by Stirfry