Time For My Second Unit... What To Get?

To the OP

Get a Buzz pro and some Cisco 306 atomizers + a 306 drip shield from empire mods

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice - but I'm not a big atty guy. I don't like dealing with juice constantly! Plus I already bought the Infinity.

But then I think something went wrong last night. The 501-LEO adapter worked great... at first. Problem was, it got stuck! I guess you need to be real careful putting those things on so they don't get too tight. When trying to get it off, I think something broke... the Infinity started ratlling somewhere in the top, and the top screw was a little loose. I took out the batteries, but whatever came loose wasn't up there. I carefully unscrewed the top - and nothing came out of there either. I put it back on and everything worked fine and the rattle went away... hopefully it was just whatever pin they use to hold the top in place.

That was a panic moment.

Ugh - well, that was bad.

I got in a J-Tank, and cut some cartos to go in them. I wasn't even using 100% VG like normal - more like 60/30. I had some Sweet Tart in one from Sweet Vapes, and took a long draw, and gagged. Total burnt taste, and I pulled the tip off, and it was totally black. All that crud in my lungs... lovely.

I think I've pretty well decided I am going back to big cartos... this tank thing just isn't working. I haven't found myself happy with anything that uses a 510 carto. So I might have a couple barely used J-Tanks for sale, sadly.

So far, this mod thing isn't going as well as I had hoped.

Ugh - well, that was bad.

I got in a J-Tank, and cut some cartos to go in them.

Deadpool

I use a ProVari.. like the Infinity, it uses a 510 connector.

what I've been using, and really loving, is a Submarine Tank from Mom and Pop Vape Shop.

They cost about $12, and come with a Boge 2.0 or 3.0 carto (you can pick which one you want, when you order). Once you have one or two tanks (they come either as a Submarine Tank or the Sub Mini. Sub holds 5ml of juice, the mini holds about 3.5ml including what's in the carto) you can replace the cartos when they go bad, for much less $$$ then buying a new tank.

Tanks_Resized_60__35134_zoom.jpg

When you get 'em, you MUST fill the carto FIRST before using them. You simply remove the drip tip (included when you buy a tank), and drip juice along inside of the carto until it becomes slushy... if you DON'T do that, you'll get a horrible burnt taste, as you'll be burning the fill. Once you burn the fill, you'll NEVER get rid of that burnt taste from the carto, and the carto is basically toast!

After you've soaked the fill in the carto (avoid pouring juice in the center hole, just drip AROUND the center hole in the middle of the carto), re-install the drip tip. Now, unscrew the thumb screw on the side, and fill the tank using either a syringe or the included bottle with syringe type tip. Fill it as much as possible, then put the thumb screw back in place.

You're now good to vape ALL DAY, or at least, it lasts ME all day and sometimes longer!

It also gives you great flavor!

You ONLY need to soak the filler in the carto the very first time you use the tank. After that, simply keep the tank full, and the carto will remain properly wet!

My Boge cartos have lasted about two weeks. Then the draw starts to get difficult... I have to really suck to get vapor to come out.

Once that happens, you can purchase pre-punched Boge 2.0 or 3.0 (I use and really like the 3.0ohm Boges, but haven't tried the 2.0) from Mom and Pop vape Shop for around $2.50 each, and replace the cartos in your existing tank! No need to purchase a complete tank, just replace the carto (they pull out, you disassemble the tank, replace the carto then put it back together)

That's pretty cheap, being they'll last about a week to 10 days. I'm sure you can find other sites that also sell pre-punched Boge cartos, perhaps for even less.

Don't let your bad experience turn you off to tanks! Spring $12 plus shipping to at least TRY one of these, but make sure you soak the carto fill before vapping!

Tanks, wether the MAP tank, Submarine Tanks, or numerous other tanks are a GREAT way to vape, if you don't want to mess around with dripping, or refilling cartos every couple of hours.

Hope your one bad experience doesn't turn you off to tanks! They're really fantastic!

Good luck!

Edited by Shel

I'm actually having a tough time right now - I LIKED the tank, but another one burned a bit on me... not so bad this time because I was paying attention and caught it. I am soaking the carto before I light it up... I just think the juice I am using is too thick, and it isn't wicking correctly. I realized both burns came when I was using AVE's Banana Slurry... maybe that juice is just thicker than Bobas. Who knows. It even seems to be clogging up my regular LEO cartos, so the draw is bad on even a brand new carto.

How thick is the juice you are using with the submarine tank?

I am going to suck it up and try some more PG juice... maybe 70/30 and see how that goes. I'm kind of ruined right now.. The Infinity performed so well out of the box that going back to the LEO seems like a downgrade, but everything I am using on the Infinity is either clogging or burning. Waiting to receive my 510 Megacartos to see how they perform...