E-Go Kit, Seems Like My Attys Are Failing After A Day

Mault

Got a joye ego kit with two attys. Bought a 3rd just for good measure. I ordered 24mg juice off vapor renu. I was vaping with some old peppermint and it was producing great vapor and taste. I got my vapor renu shipment in today and started vaping with that, and at first it was fine. Then the vapor started tasting really burnt, and produced almost no vapor on all three of my attys. I tried the juice in my v2 passthrough cig, and it worked great. Tasted great with a lot of vapor. Does anyone know why I am having such bad luck using this juice with my ego? Kind of frustrating.

I am direct dripping on my ego if that matters, and using a carto on my v2 passthrough.

Possible your old peppermint has surrounded the atty coil and the new juice is sitting on top of that old juice. When the coil heats up, it's burning whatever is close to the wire and only barely heating the new juice....causing a half baked taste (due to lack of direct heat) on your new stuff.

Sounds like dry burn is in order. Are you tasting any of the peppermint?

Edited by maverick

What eGo kit did you get? I'm assuming they are standard 510 attys, but there are so many kits now I can't be sure. No vapor and a burn tastes sounds like a dry atty. Maybe you're not adding enough juice?

What eGo kit did you get? I'm assuming they are standard 510 attys, but there are so many kits now I can't be sure. No vapor and a burn tastes sounds like a dry atty. Maybe you're not adding enough juice?

Yes I got the standard ego-kit. No tank system or anything. I am adding 2-3 drops, and one time added 8 and still nothing. The atty is firing but seems to turn red really fast even when it is filled with juice.

I would keep adding 1-2 drops at a time and trying it out. If you can see the coil turning red that fast, it sounds like it doesn't have enough juice in it. A new (or blown out) atty will take several drops to prime it. As long as you don't hear "gurgling" then it's not flooded.

Any chance you got Low Resistance atomizers? If you have a multi-meter, you can check the atty resistance.

I would keep adding 1-2 drops at a time and trying it out. If you can see the coil turning red that fast, it sounds like it doesn't have enough juice in it. A new (or blown out) atty will take several drops to prime it. As long as you don't hear "gurgling" then it's not flooded.

Any chance you got Low Resistance atomizers? If you have a multi-meter, you can check the atty resistance.

Just ran around 15 drops through it, and it seems to have stayed the same if not gotten worse. I have one LR atty, and it is performing worse than all the other actually.

Sorry If I seem to be difficult, im just trying to understand what's going wrong and how I can fix it.

No need to be sorry - I understand your frustration. Do you have any other juice you could try? The juice seems to be the only common factor. You may want to contact the supplier to see if they have any suggestions.

No need to be sorry - I understand your frustration. Do you have any other juice you could try? The juice seems to be the only common factor. You may want to contact the supplier to see if they have any suggestions.

Does seem to be a mystery but I agree...try another juice if you have it, and contact the vendor. One other possible is the dry burn has loosened the residue on the coil and is floating around in the surrounding cup. The new juice you are dripping is mixing with this nasty flaking off the dry burned coil. If the above suggestion produces no result.....I would rinse them out real good under hot water, blow them out, and if your running heat up there in Maryland?......place them in a shot glass or similar vessel and stick them on the register for at least 24 hours.

If you have three of them and their all doing the same thing, I'd perform this on at least one of them now. Do you have carto's to get by until the process can be completed?

I contacted the supplier yesterday thinking it might be the juice, but i dont really think it is. When i put this juice into my v2 cigs usb one it produces tons and tons of vapor.

Does seem to be a mystery but I agree...try another juice if you have it, and contact the vendor. One other possible is the dry burn has loosened the residue on the coil and is floating around in the surrounding cup. The new juice you are dripping is mixing with this nasty flaking off the dry burned coil. If the above suggestion produces no result.....I would rinse them out real good under hot water, blow them out, and if your running heat up there in Maryland?......place them in a shot glass or similar vessel and stick them on the register for at least 24 hours.

If you have three of them and their all doing the same thing, I'd perform this on at least one of them now. Do you have carto's to get by until the process can be completed?

By register do you mean some sort of heat source? No cartos for my ego, but i do have a v2 that will keep me going for the meantime.

Edited by Mault

Yes sir. After you rinse/flush them in hot water (I personally boil mine after dry burns) but your just washing out the flakes of crust that are floating around in your juice, if this is indeed the problem. If you have gas furnace heat and forced air registers? Just place the blown out atty in a glass vessel and set it right on the register. I've also placed them into some rolled up socks and let them tumble in the dryer on low heat for 20 minutes or so.

Others will have methods they use but the slow drying over the heat source register is my preferred method. Keep in mind, the atty must be dry before you fire it up again or it may pop the coil. You do have time during this process to get a 5 pack of Boge carts while you mess with the atties. Since your in Maryland? Might I suggest vaporsetc for a quick ship to your location. LR Boge cartos. If you have the funds, grab a sample bottle of Red Box. Not sure I can post this info here, but that's my suggestion. Your Ego batts will work awesome with these cartos

Yes sir. After you rinse/flush them in hot water (I personally boil mine after dry burns) but your just washing out the flakes of crust that are floating around in your juice, if this is indeed the problem. If you have gas furnace heat and forced air registers? Just place the blown out atty in a glass vessel and set it right on the register. I've also placed them into some rolled up socks and let them tumble in the dryer on low heat for 20 minutes or so.

Others will have methods they use but the slow drying over the heat source register is my preferred method. Keep in mind, the atty must be dry before you fire it up again or it may pop the coil. You do have time during this process to get a 5 pack of Boge carts while you mess with the atties. Since your in Maryland? Might I suggest vaporsetc for a quick ship to your location. LR Boge cartos. If you have the funds, grab a sample bottle of Red Box. Not sure I can post this info here, but that's my suggestion. Your Ego batts will work awesome with these cartos

Awesome man thanks for the help. I actually told my friend who just got into vaping yesterday to pick up some boge cartos for when his ego gets in the mail. I should have followed suit haha. I'll wait until the atty dries, and if I still have problems ill update the thread. Thanks for everyone's help so far!