Witch E- Cig For Me?!?!

codyaustell

Ok--- for the past 3-5 hours i have been researching FOR the best what i guess the Vapor community is calling Throat hit and and vapor?!?! needless to say i have tried E-cigs before but they died out to soon didnt give me a good enough hit to keep me away from a cigarette key notes "+*^*+" i dont care what it looks like, i want a good strong thick vapor and i need a good amount if nicotine i smoke 2 - 2 1/2 packs a day thanks alot guys~!

I would say an Ego with Boge 2.0 ohm cartomisers.That will give you the best battery life and vapor with the least investment and aggravation.The throat hit thing is a function of the liquid .Unfortunatly this is a personal taste thing and you will just have to try them all untill you find your favorite liquid.I tried using recomendations and reveiws and at this point I am not using any of those liquids on a regular basis.

^^^^^^^ what he said...i am puffing on the exact set up in my hand right now.

get a couple of extra batteries

recommend a higher PG level for throat it and i use 24mg...as far as juice vendors and flavors that is all personal experience. i started with Dekang because that is what my local shop carries, i use a variety of vendors now..

if you want cheap and good flavor plus a custom mixing option i use http://www.mtbakervapor.com/

where are you in texas?...if your in the houston area, i would let you try my spare ego set ups to see if you like them before you use them.

Edited by bamsbbq

im all the way up in freestone county , but i dont understand the mixtures and stuff (PG) Propylene Glycol <--dont know what that is i just thought it was all nicotine flavored drops and it all works the same i see its more complicated then tthat

lets start you here

Propylene Glycol (PG), Vegetable Glycerin ( VG), and Polyethylene Glycol (PEG)

All three are water soluble viscous liquids used in e-cig liquids to deliver nicotine and/or flavors.

Produces the vapor and provides a similar sensation to inhaling tobacco smoke.

They are humectants (attract moisture) and may dry your throat and cause it to feel sore. Drinking more fluids will help.

Some people experience allergy-type symptoms to one or all three.

If so, stop using and/or switch to one of the other two and see if the symptoms go away. If severe, it is recommended that you see your doctor.

Propylene Glycol (PG)

Propylene glycol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Most commonly used, more throat hit, more flavor.

Slightly sweet and colorless.

USP approved propylene glycol is used in cosmetics, toiletries, food colorings, cake mixes, salad dressings, soft drinks and more.

It is also used in the smoke / fog machines found in theatres and nightclubs.

Vegetable Glycerin ( VG)

Glycerol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Smoother.

Slightly thicker and sweeter.

Produces more vapor.

USP approved glycerin is used in 1500+ applications as an additive to food and drink.

Glycerin can be found in the baking or craft areas in grocery, hobby and department stores. It can also can be found in pharmacies.

Also known as: Glycerin, Glycerine, or Glycerol.

Pharmaceutical grade glycerin is named Glycerin, USP. Without this exact nomenclature it is not pharmaceutical grade (any variation indicates that it is not regulated, and therefore uncontrolled). In the UK it is termed Glycerine, BP.

In the United States it is recommended that you only use USP approved propylene glycol and glycerin.

If you live outside of the U.S., use only pharmaceutical approved Glycerin and/or PG.

Polyethylene glycol (PEG)

A non-toxic compound that is used in pharmaceutical compositions and food additives.

PEG 400 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

E-Cigarette

E-cig or E-cigarette - Electronic Cigarette

PV - Personal Vaporizer

Atty - Atomizer

Cart - Cartridge

Bat - Battery

Filler - The fiber found inside your cartridge that holds your e-liquid

PCC - Personal Charging Case

SD - ScrewDriver

JS - Janty Stick

PT - Passthrough or passthrough battery

2-piece/Disposable - 2 part e-cigarette. The Battery and a "cartomizer".

Cartomizer - An atomizer built into the cartridge, marketed as disposable (you throw it away when the e-liquid is used up).

3-piece - 3 part e-cigarette. Battery, Atomizer, and Cartridge.

Cutoff - Refers to how long the battery will activate the atomizer before shutting down (safety measure to protect the atomizer).

what is "2.0 ohm" <-- what does this do i hear about 3.7 volts and 6V whats the differences?? also signal carts and double carts i know thats how many carts are inside the thing heating the e juice but where is the balance i just want " thick vape" and "strong hit" dont want to feel like im breathing air... witch has been my past exsperience with one i bought in the mall called " blu "

An ohm is the units for resistance. Attys/cartos are often sold with the ohms stated. Basically the lower the ohms the warmer the vape and the more power will be drawn from the battery.

Think of a light bulb. The higher the watts, the brighter the light.

Watts = Volts * (Volts / Resistance [ohms])

the higher the volts or lower the resistance, the higher the watts will be.

A 3.0 ohm carto or atty @ 4 volts is 5.3 watts.

A 2.5 ohm carto or atty @ 4 volts is 6.4 watts.

A 2.0 ohm carto or atty @ 4 volts is 8 watts.

A 1.5 ohm carto or atty @ 4 volts is 10.6 watts.

A 3.0 ohm @ 5 volts is 8.3 watts.

A 2.5 ohm @ 5 volts is 10 watts.

A 2.0 ohm @ 5 volts is 12.5 watts.

A 1.5 ohm @ 5 volts is 16.6 watts.

A 3.0 ohm carto or atty @ 6 volts is 12 watts.

A 2.5 ohm @ 6 volts is 14.4 watts.

now for good throat hit you would use a higher PG level... right now i am using 2 elquids...one is mixed at 80% PG to 20@ VG...gives me great throat hit and plenty of vapor. the second i use is a 50/50 mixture..it has slightly less throat hit but more vapor..

go with simple to start out..right now you probably have information overload as most of us did when we first started out..i was a two pack a day smoker and no longer smoke..i use the original ego set up daily with the same ego set up. get yourself set up with the basics and after awhile you can choose a different set up if it is not working for you.

Don't make it more complicated than it needs to be.I recomended the low resistance carto's for bigger vapor production.As far as liquids go just look for flavors you might like in the smallest bottle they sell and don't buy too much from any one vendor until you are sure you like the goods.3.7 to 3.9 volts is the standard voltage around 3.2 ohms is standard resistance.You won't find any liquid that will taste just like a cigerette contrary to the ads.But you should have no trouble finding some very tasty liquids that you look forward to.You will likely vape way more you smoke cause you can and it so easy,so be carefull about your first inclination to get the highest nic liquid.16 to 24 mg should good for starters to keep the nicfits at bay.

You will find varying degrees of opinion regarding which heating element works best (personal preference)--Atomizers (LR or standard), cartomizers, tanks. But we will all agree, The best place to start is the Ego. 650- 1000Mah. The lower the number the quicker the battery runs out of charge between charges. the 650 will give a heavy vaper 4-6 hours, the 1000 will easily last a day.

with liquids, starting at 18mg-24mg works for most people.

There is a learning curve with vaping, and some trial and error. There are quite a few device combinations out there. You may have to try a few different combinations until you find the one that works best for you. I promise it is well worth it !!!

My sweet spot is Ego 900Mah + 510 LR atomizer + drip tip + 24mg liquid = My personal favorite.