Differences In Vapor Production - Pg Vs. Vg + Thoughts After 4 Days

sovereign51580

Hi All,

It's been a good 4 days of vaping with my eGo-T Mega. I had one Marlboro menthol analog last night and frankly, it tasted horrible. I was getting dry heaves. I can't believe I was used to that! Anyway, since Saturday I've been using both the regular and LR atty with 100% VG menthol juice. I've read in various places not to use 100% VG juice with these atties, but I haven't had any problems. I got some pure PG juice yesterday and tried it with the LR atty and I noticed something odd. The throat hit from the normal atty on the VG juice vs. on the LR atty on the PG juice was the same, but the vapor from the PG juice on the LR atty seemed much less full than that off of the VG juice on the normal atty. I cleaned out both atties and tried it again and the same result -- much less vapor from the LR atty with PG juice. I had to take a significantly longer drag from it to get the same vapor production from the normal atty. Is this typical or am I just getting weird results?

Also, I've noticed that the atty leaks with the PG juice. If I fill the tank up completely and take regular drags it's fine, but it seems the moment the juice level falls below the rim of the atty, it starts leaking. Consequent drags and I could tell the atty was flooded -- I could hear significant bubbling from the atty, and upon unscrewing the battery the was a lot of leakage. I ordered some silicone tank caps from Vapor Kings. Hopefully those will help with the leaking because I'm a little bit torn. The VG juice's flavor is a bit more subtle with a hint of sweetness to it, while the PG juice has a much stronger menthol hit...but with the significantly less vapor production and the leakage, I'm a bit turned off by it.

Are there any pure VG menthol juices that you recommend? I'm currently using CloudPure menthol juice ordered from cloudsofvapor.com.

I would also recommend a blend. I just got a bottle of Vaper's Choice dry menthol 100% VG from E~smokeytreats that I mix with the regular PG menthol and the two produce a ton of vapor. I was vaping in the car and actually had to crack the window. Not as much on the throat hit but a lot of flavor and a lot of vapor. Interesting observation with the lr vs. the regular atty to.

I to reccomend the blend. 100% VG will work, but will greatly reduce the life of your atty i think. The minimum you should use is 20%VG, 80%PG, you can can go as high as 50/50. Yes, the leaking issue of the T is a big turn off. The soft bottom help alot with 100% PG, but I do notice a little leaking with 100% PG sometimes, but not as much as the hard bottom. And totaly know what you mean when the tank is full its fine, but when it gets low, the leaking starts. I peronsally use a 20/80 blend, with the soft bottom and have no leaking issues.

I am running about a 2-1 or a 3-2 pg/vg blend of the two. That is not exact as I drip directly on the atty so it's a little back and forth. I have been trying to fine tune what I like and then I will combine the bottles appropriately. Be daring, experiment, but give it a chance to mix on the atty before deciding the flavor mix isn't for you. Have fun and good luck!

I finally got those silicone caps in -- they're much more substantial than the default plastic caps. I tried various mixes today and I think a 50/50 works for me. Now another question for you: do you happen to know how many analogs equal a full tank? Just curious.

That is kind of a tricky question. There are a lot of factors to consider. If you are vaping a high nicotine liquid like say a 24mg Marl juice, and you used to smoke regular cigs you could consider a drop of liquid = about 1 analogue. So if you know how many drips fill a cart, you can figure out the number of analogues it is replacing. There is approximately 20 drops to a milliliter of juice, therefore if your cart holds 2.5 ml. you can figure that to be about 50 regular cigarettes, or 2 and a half packs. This isn't scientific by any means and I have not tested the theory myself but I found it here: http://e-cigexpress.com/blog/how-many-cigarettes-is-this-e-liquid/

Hope that helps!

I just prepared the same numbers. I feel like less of a noob at the moment. :yes

I’m under the impression it depends on the strength of the juice and size of the tank.

I’ve been equating 20 drops of 24 mg liquid to a pack of regular cigarettes (1 drop per cigarette).

I’ve also been assuming there are 20 drops in a ml.

-Cantus

Here’s my 2 cents. Research shows your body absorbs about 1ml of nicotine per analog. (some goes as high as 1.6, but lets keeps it 1 ml for this argument, and is the more accepted standard and makes it easy, 1=1). So if you vape 3 ml of 12 mg juice per day, that’s 36 analogs, or 2ml of 24 mg juice, that’s 48 analogs, and so on.

BUT here’s the catch. This is assuming 100% absorption rate, which I can tell you IS NOT the case. There is no research or studies on how much nicotine is absorbed through vaping. But I can assure you its not 100%. Remember, an analog has about 8mg of nicotine each before it is smoked, but most of it is lost in the flame/ash, and a little just isn’t absorbed in the lungs (i.e exhaled).

But if I had to take a guess, I would say between 60-80%.. Maybe? I dunno.. that’s a complete guess. When I first quit analogs, I was a 1.5 pack/day smoker. I vape 3-4ml of 12mg juice/day. And in the beginning, I did suffer from nicotine withdrawal. Its been 4 weeks for me, and I cut back to 2-3ml, and I’m fine now.

Also remember to, the soft bottom caps are thicker than the plastic ones, so you can’t put as much juice in the tank. And leaving room for the ‘air bubble’ at the top, you only get about 75% capacity of the tank. I believe the type B tank advertises 2.5ml, but I think you would be lucky to get 2ml. I know with my type, they advertise 1.2ml, but I could never get more than 1 ml with regular bottom, and only get .75 with the soft bottoms (I measured with a precise 3ml syringe)

Edited by mjradik

Thanks for the input guys! Really informative! With these figures it seems that I'm vaping way more than I ever smoked per day. I think that'll go down a bit once the novelty wears off, though I don't think it'll every wear off completely. :yes

Yea, people tend to vape more than they smoke. I guess maybe because they can... You can vape while doing other stuff and in places where you usually can't smoke. Thats one reason why I chose to use 12mg and not 18 or 24mg. Because I like vaping and I like vaping all the time. If I use less strong juice, I don't feel as guilty. I eventually plan on going to to like 9, then 6, then maybe 0, till I'm not nicotine dependent. But I'll still continue to vape 0 for while because I like the taste and different flavors.

I started out on a KR808 with 100% VG. Now using only 100% VG with attys and cartos on my REO's. It works great. I am glad too, because I found out that I can't do PG at all. Allergic to it big time. Just trying it one day was all it took.

That's awful Nerak. I'm glad it didn't kill you. So even after using the silicone caps i still got leaking, but it was my fault this time. I think my draws were too long and hard. Ha! I'm taking much gentler draws and that's made a huge difference. It seems to give me the same amount of vapor too.

Another thing you might try on the soft bottom is to pre-punch a hole. I used a 12guage needle I bought off ebay for 99 cents. I filled down the sharp point, and used that to make a nice clean hole. I haven't had a single leaking issue for a month now. Been using the same 5 tanks/bottoms for the month too.

Another thing you might try on the soft bottom is to pre-punch a hole. I used a 12guage needle I bought off ebay for 99 cents. I filled down the sharp point, and used that to make a nice clean hole. I haven't had a single leaking issue for a month now. Been using the same 5 tanks/bottoms for the month too.

That's a good tip! No pun intended. Thanks!