Review Of The Vaprlife Diamante

miatafrank

I recently purchased a Diamante from vaprlife.com. After using it for about a month now, I thought I’d write a review. Since a PV is really just a voltage and current delivery device, I’m really not going to go into anything about vapor production. That aspect always depends on what atomizer/cartomizer you are using, and the use of VG or PG juice. I will split this up into 4 sections, appearance, quality, technology, and performance.

Appearance:

The Diamante is a very clean looking unit, using many of the same parts as the Joker. It uses the same body tube, and battery cap as the joker. The top cap is very similar, but my Joker has a smooth cone shape at the very tip, and the Diamante has slight ridges at the top. The ridges aren’t deep enough to call them a drip well, but do slow stay juice down to avoid running down the side. The main difference between the Joker-AV and the Diamante is in the center section where the voltage is adjusted. The Joker-AV has a simple silver band in the middle, with a hole for the adjustment screw. That same silver section in the center is longer in the Diamante, and has a voltmeter built in, with simple up and down buttons for the adjustment. The Diamante comes in your choice of 4 body colors, your choice of 4 LED colors, and your choice of 510 or 801 fittings.

Quality:

There seems to be 2 camps when it comes to the main button on vaprlife mods. Those who like it just fine, and those who hate it because it’s small, stiff, and “it hurts my finger”. I personally don’t have a problem with it’s comfort, and find it to be a nice quality switch. The ring around the button fits nice and tight around the hole with no gaps. It is typical with vaprlife mods to see a screw on the opposite side of where the switch is, which holds the switch in. They are now putting a nylon plug in the hole where this screw is, which seals the hole and prevents anyone from turning the screw out of curiosity (which could damage the mod). I thought this worth mentioning as an improvement in quality. Beyond that, you can always expect that the pieces fit together smoothly and without gaps, which I find to be typical quality of a vaprlife mod.

Technology:

The important technology behind the Diamante is PWM (Pulse Width Modulation). This is a very efficient method of adjusting output voltage, and allows the unit to exhibit improved battery life. It does this by pulsing the output very quickly, and the duration of the pulses determine the percentage of the total battery voltage applied to the load (the atomizer or cartomizer in this case). The unit has a built in voltmeter, and those who do not have (or don’t know how to use) a multimeter will find this to be a very useful feature. The fully electronic adjustment controls utilize simple up and down buttons, which make it extremely easy to operate (no more jeweler’s screwdriver). I have seen many reviews for adjustable voltage units that say something to the affect that it would not be a good mod for the less experienced. With the simple controls that this unit has, I think that anyone could operate it.

Performance:

The PWM technology really works quite well, but if you have older 16340s that have been cycled many times, you better get a new set. Older batteries that have many charge cycles on them may cause the unit to have less battery life than it should. Get a new set and the battery life between charges will magically lengthen to a full day of vaping. I order my units with an 801 connector, and vaprlife units have a nice airflow adjustment designed into the connector. I don’t know if their 510 connectors have a similar adjustment, but this is an important feature. By adjusting the airflow, you can change the feel of the draw, and since airflow is a factor in vapor production, being able to change it can help customize the overall performance. In most regulated adjustable voltage units, the loaded voltage is typically within 0.1volt of the unloaded voltage. The built in voltmeter does not show this change. I haven’t done any further testing in this area, but I suspect that the built in voltmeter is showing the voltage as a setting and not actual loaded voltage. Since there is very little difference in these values, I doubt that this will affect performance in any way.

In conclusion, I would call this a very impressive unit with a price that makes it very reasonable for such a feature packed little beast.

• 1 year later...

The diamante is garbage and vaprlife are scammers.. I could go on and on about my 6 months of dealing with them. But what it comes down to is their best unit does not work. Mine will be going back to them for the 7th time in 6 months. They cannot fix it, charge $40 with shipping to "repair" they're horrible work, and lie when dealing with them. Once out of the past 6 times its been back to them, have I got it back in a timely manner. Every other time they've had it for a month. Horrible. I haven't been able to use a unit of theirs for more then a week. Constant problems. The unit looks built well, and is, but the circutry is garbage. Don't waste your money on this expensive piece of crap. If you have any questions about them id be happy to share my experiance. They're horrible, and a waste of money. And even after they sent me a "new unit". A whole new world of problems arised from that one. Save your money, buying one of vaprlifes products will send you back to smoking. They are junk and do not work. And I'm not the only ones who have been having these problems. Its not like they're low cost, and they brag about their waranty. Most of the 3 month garantee they had my unit for. Horrible. I just wish I could get my money back..

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines