Equipment Failures

SharonC

I quit cigs on July 20 of this year. Obviously, I haven't been vaping long...

I started with a Hello 016T with three batteries and charger. The charger failed quickly, and I received a new one. That one has also failed. I received this kit from a member on another forum so replacement is not an option. Does anyone else experience equipment failure in a short time? I'm finding it quite frustrating. At this rate, it could be quite expensive!

After the first charger failed, I ordered a RIVA 510, which, so far, is quite good. Obviously, I need another back up, and am considering a RIVA UNC. I'm open to suggestions as to what would be a good kit to order...I'm so sick of researching this! The battery with the RIVA UNC is 1100maH, as is the Hello016. Can I use the RIVA UNC charger to charge the Hello 016 batteries?

Sorry to hear about your early problems with equipment failures. I've used eGo's since they first came out and have never had a problem with battery or chargers. The Riva is a clone (a decent clone!!) of the eGo and is half the price especially with the discounts available from various vendors at various times. They are a good product, from what I've heard.

For your backup, have you seen the eGo-W yet? I haven't seen reviews on it as of yet, but it has some features that I am happy about. 1. It has a pen clip for keeping it in your shirt pocket without worry. 2. It comes with the more comfortable whistle tip (mouthpiece). 3. It has the on/off switch by pressing the button 5x fast. 4. It comes with a new and improved 2 ml tank. 5. It's being sold by a wonderful vendor, Rick, over at AtmosUSA.biz

Hope I didn't add to your confusion... but this one has some nice features that leave the others behind.

Best of luck to you and happy vaping!

Thanks! It looks cool!

I hate the idea of having three perfectly good 1100 Mah batteries that I've been happy with, and am now unable to use. I'm not gadget inclined, so I have no idea what charger I could use on these batts. I don't suppose my Riva510SE charger could charge the Hello 016 batteries?

Hey, I'm glad that worked for you!

The eGo-W reviews are gradually coming in, and .... the outlook isn't good for now. It needs improvement but shows promise. There are a few vendors doing BETA testing on it, and by the time they finish finessing it should become a fairly good product. One reviewer I saw said it wasn't even a Joye.... hmmmm. So, with that said, I take back my hasty plunge into the W and stick with the good old eGo by Joye. Period. Good luck on your find.

OHHHH, but the VOLT by smokelessimage is rockin out in every review. You might want to check that one out..