Best Cartomizers?

StephLK

I use the eGo battery and I'm looking for some advice about cartomizers.

I started with the CE-2 V-4 Ceramic Cartomizers (http://www.awesomevapor.com/CE-2-V-4-Ceramic-Cartomizers-for-the-510-and-eGo-NO-GLUE-OR-FILLER-GUARANTEED_p_199.html) and recently bought a handful of eGo Cartomizers High Capacity (http://www.awesomevapor.com/eGo-Cartomizer-High-Capacity-1_p_194.html). I like and dislike both for different reasons. The CE-2s were great, but were a chore to refill so often. The eGo High Caps are nice, but tricky to fill. Either they don't hold as much as they're supposed to or I'm filling the wrong because they start leaking everywhere, which is messy and annoying.

Is there something that will work better with the eGo batteries or is there a better way to use or fill the eGo High Cap cartos?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Would have to agree. Ever since DayVape got me hooked on carto's I've used nothing else except the Boge 2.0's. I usually get mine from Vapor Kings...they are marked with the 2.0 on them so I always know what I've got.

Good luck and happy vaping.

Okay - I've gone through a few threads and have an idea of what cartomizers I want to try. Before I order I want to make sure everything will work with an ego bat. If there is anything that works with an ego that I haven't included and you think it's a must try - please let me know and link to where I can buy it. (Wouldn't it be nice if all of these were sold in the same place?? Not looking forward to all the s&h) Or if I've listed something here that won't work, please let me know that too.

Cartomizers I currently use:

eGo Cartomizer High Capacity (1)

LOVE how much jucie this holds. Leaks though and it's hard for me to tell when I've overfilled. Also really like the mouth piece - can't really explan why...

CE-2 V-4 Ceramic Cartomizers for the 510 and eGo NO GLUE OR FILLER! GUARANTEED!

Great vapor, warm and lots of it. Have to constantly refill though.

Cartomizers on my 'to buy' list:

Clearomizers XL (for 510 and eGo)

Hopefully the clear tube will make it easier to see how much I can fill and the larger capacity will be nice.

GotVapes VISION Clear Giant 3.5ml 510 Cartomizer 1 Piece [gv-visionclearomizer-3.5ml] - $8.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

This is more than I want to pay, so I'm on the fence about this one. But, it's clear, big and has a similar mouth piece to the one I use so this is high on the maybe list.

C.C.V. Mega LR 1.7 (THE RESURRECTOR)

Not much to say about this one. The review made it seem worth a try. :-)

BLANK BOGE 2.0 OHM LOW RESISTANCE 510 CARTOMIZERS (STAINLESS)

BLANK BOGE STANDARD 510 CARTOMIZERS (STAINLESS)

Good reviews and seem like they'd be worth a try.

Thank you all so much for your feedback so far! Once I've ordered I'll let you know how everything works out. :-)

Edited by StephLK

Looks like a mighty fine list you got going there! (especially the 'Boge Cartos' if I don't say so myself!) If I had to pick one thing on that list that jumps out at me screaming "NOOO, DON'T BUY ME!", I would say with certainty the ''GotVapes VISION Clear Giant 3.5ml 510 Cartomizer 1 Piece - $8.95'' Say what... $8.95... per cartomizer... say it isn't so?? I personally would want to make damn certain those perform as they are supposed too, and better than anything I've ever tried, before dropping that much a single carto... but that's just me. Oh, and I do know that the clear versions of cartos are definitely much weaker and apt to crack on you.

I'm not knocking Gotvapes here... this is simply my 2 cents:

In my opinion, sometimes they have a clever way of coming out with all these crazy/cool 'next best thing in the e-cig world' parts that look totally awesome! But, I feel like there are a lot of people drawn in to that and end up making some impulse buy and later regretting their purchase simply because it didn't live up to what it was supposed to do. Trust me... I've seen a lot of their 'wacky/cool' products that nearly had me pushing the 'Add to Cart' button more than once! Only to find out a few weeks later on someones video review that whatever it was doesn't perform as stated at all! All I'm saying here is to remember 'buyer beware' sometimes if you haven't seen or read a bunch of positive reviews from others about the product.

On the other hand, you just never know, they might work like a champ and you will come back happy as hell about something and talking us all in to getting it too! In that case... heck yeah, buy one of everything and come back and give me a detailed report on each item. Would that be cool with you? thumbsup.gif

Edited by DAYVAPE

i'm gonna throw in another option, the smoktech dual coil cartomizers, they're 1.5 ohm resistence, so they hit a bit harder than the boge's, and they do change the flavor somewhat dramatically, but with certain flavors, it's a good change, and they're big and hold a lot of juice, i've gone a full day with one full carto. some people don't like these, but i've had good luck so far, just avoid the clear ones, you have to be super careful or they'll crack. I use dual-coil's for coffee flavors mostly, the vapor is too hot for fruit flavors imo, i stick to boge's for fruit flavors.

Jon

Hi again!

I couldn't afford to get everything all at once, but I do have 5 cartomizers that I can compare. Keep in mind that this is based on my own personal preferences. I've never actually reviewed anything before so I don't know if there's an accepted standard, but I thought I'd give it a shot. If this should be a new thread, please let me know.

*Note three of these just arrived today so I am waiting to compare longevity until I can compare all five equally. I am starting with a new carto for each option tonight. On the second fill (if I remember) I'll re-review each to see how they stand up if anyone would like. Just let me know.

*Pictures coming soon.

http://www.awesomevapor.com/eGo-Cartomizer-High-Capacity-1_p_194.html

Hard to Fill - (1) - 2 - 3 - Easy to Fill

Cool Vapor - (1) - 2 - 3 - Warm Vapor

Holds Little Juice - 1 - (2) - 3 - Holds Much Juice

Little Vapor - 1 - (2) - 3 - Much Vapor

Little Throat Hit - 1 (2)- - 3 - Big Throat Hit

Unaesthetic - 1 - 2 - (3) - Aesthetically Pleasing

Taste (hit 1) bad - 1 - 2 - (3) - Good

Taste (hit 5) burnt/dry - 1 -(2) - 3 - Good

Observations: Underwhelming, but decent. If you let it get too hot, the sides will melt. I haven't gotten the trick of filling this so is doesn't leak.

http://www.awesomevapor.com/CE-2-V-4-Ceramic-Cartomizers-for-the-510-and-eGo-NO-GLUE-OR-FILLER-GUARANTEED_p_199.html

Hard to Fill - 1 - (2) - 3 - Easy to Fill

Cool Vapor - 1 - 2 - (3) - Warm Vapor

Holds Little Juice - (1) - 2 - 3 - Holds Much Juice

Little Vapor - 1 - 2 - (3) - Much Vapor

Little Throat Hit - 1 - (2) - 3 - Big Throat Hit

Unaesthetic - 1 - (2) - 3 - Aesthetically Pleasing

Taste (hit 5) burnt - 1 - (2) - 3 - Good

Observations: I really like this one, but can't put it at the top because (1) I really like the clear casing that shows how much juice you have and (2) it doesn't hold a lot of juice. This is the first carto I ever bought and I haven't vaped anything but a carto since.

http://www.awesomevapor.com/Clearomizers-XL-for-510-and-eGo_p_228.html

Hard to Fill - 1 - 2 - (3) - Easy to Fill

Cool Vapor - 1 - 2 - (3) - Warm Vapor

Holds Little Juice - 1 - (2) - 3 - Holds Much Juice

Little Vapor - 1 - 2 (3)- - Much Vapor

Unaesthetic - 1 - 2 (3) - Aesthetically Pleasing

Taste (hit 5) burnt - 1 - 2 - (3) - Good

Observations: This is my top choice of the ones I'm trying tonight. Great all-around.

GotVapes VISION Clear Giant 3.5ml 510 Cartomizer 1 Piece [gv-visionclearomizer-3.5ml] - $8.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

http://www.gotvapes.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=117&products_id=475

Hard to Fill - 1 - 2 - (3) - Easy to Fill

Cool Vapor - (1) - 2 - 3 - Warm Vapor

Holds Little Juice - 1 - 2 - (3) - Holds Much Juice

Unaesthetic - (1) - 2 - 3 - Aesthetically Pleasing

Taste (hit 1) bad - 1 - (2) - 3 - Good

Observations: The greatest this about this is the amount of juice it holds. A BIG +++ for that. Doesn't look that smooth and not warm at all. The good thing about that is that it doesn't get hot, burnt or dry tasting, even if you're chain-vaping. Overall I like it, but it's not worth the high price.

http://www.electronicstix.com/SPARE-PARTS/CARTOMIZERS/510-Series-Cartomizers/BLANK-BOGE-2-0-OHM-LOW-RESISTANCE-510-CARTOMIZERS-STAINLESS-p321.html

Hard to Fill - 1 - (2) - 3 - Easy to Fill

Cool Vapor - 1 - (2) - 3 - Warm Vapor

Holds Little Juice - (1) - 2 - 3 - Holds Much Juice

Little Throat Hit - 1 - 2 - (3) - Big Throat Hit

Unaesthetic - 1 - 2 - (3) - Aesthetically Pleasing

Observations: This is a great little carto. Can't put it at the top for the same reasons as the CE-2, but it's still a good one.

Edited by StephLK

Looks like a mighty fine list you got going there! (especially the 'Boge Cartos' if I don't say so myself!) If I had to pick one thing on that list that jumps out at me screaming "NOOO, DON'T BUY ME!", I would say with certainty the ''GotVapes VISION Clear Giant 3.5ml 510 Cartomizer 1 Piece - $8.95'' Say what... $8.95... per cartomizer... say it isn't so?? I personally would want to make damn certain those perform as they are supposed too, and better than anything I've ever tried, before dropping that much a single carto... but that's just me. Oh, and I do know that the clear versions of cartos are definitely much weaker and apt to crack on you.

I'm not knocking Gotvapes here... this is simply my 2 cents:

In my opinion, sometimes they have a clever way of coming out with all these crazy/cool 'next best thing in the e-cig world' parts that look totally awesome! But, I feel like there are a lot of people drawn in to that and end up making some impulse buy and later regretting their purchase simply because it didn't live up to what it was supposed to do. Trust me... I've seen a lot of their 'wacky/cool' products that nearly had me pushing the 'Add to Cart' button more than once! Only to find out a few weeks later on someones video review that whatever it was doesn't perform as stated at all! All I'm saying here is to remember 'buyer beware' sometimes if you haven't seen or read a bunch of positive reviews from others about the product.

On the other hand, you just never know, they might work like a champ and you will come back happy as hell about something and talking us all in to getting it too! In that case... heck yeah, buy one of everything and come back and give me a detailed report on each item. Would that be cool with you? thumbsup.gif

I bought into the hype and couldn't resist trying them. They have their good points and bad (see review), but overall they're not worth the price. It did feel so cool pumping all that juice in there though. :-)

24 hour update:

No real changes. I've been using these for a few months and they endure well, minus the melting if you let it get too hot. Will take a lot of refills before you need to toss.

Used this one for longer than the one above. Great endurance, lots of refills. Nothing changed from last nights review.

Definitely moving down from my top choice. Maybe the first out of the box was just a dud, but I vaped it for a few hours last night. Being mindful of reports that it was fragile, I put it in a safe place rather than carrying it around with me in my car and to work. Went to use it again tonight and it's dead. I hadn't used even half of the juice I put in it. I have no idea what happened between it working last night and being dead today when I put it back on the battery. I'm disappointed in this one. There are 4 more in the pack - once I'm done with my trial of all 5 options I'll see if the next one works better.

GotVapes VISION Clear Giant 3.5ml 510 Cartomizer 1 Piece [gv-visionclearomizer-3.5ml] - $8.95 :

This one is growing on me. I toted it around with me all day today in a soft pouch I keep in my purse. It's seen at least eight hours of use and I've only used about a third of the juice I put in it last night. I've detached and reattached it to batteries, not been super careful at all and it's still working like a champ. I wish it had a smoother look when attached to a batt and that the vapor was a bit warmer, but this is really moving up the list. I won't say it's worth the money yet, but it's getting there.

Haven't given this one a good workout yet. Project for tomorrow! :-)