Anyone Got A Big Daddy Vari-Cool?

Emile

Hi,

Does anybody have the Big Daddy Vari-Cool from Ken's Box Mods? Anybody care to share your opinion on it? Looks really cool, variable voltage box mod running on two 18650 batteries. I just ordered one but my only concern is the size/weight of this beast with the two 18650's in it.

Thanks,

Emile

I don't have one, but I do have some of those boxes (pretty sure it's the same). The box itself is quite light... less than the weight of an ego battery. Just weighing by hand, one 18650 is about the same as an ego battery.

I will weigh it out for you guys on a scale with the two 18650 batteries installed, and I will try to get some pictures up. Tracking says that it will arrive tomorrow so I should be able to give more information soon.

Okay, it came today and I'm vaping off of it now. The box itself isn't as big as I thought it would be, and obviously there is some weight to it with twin 18650 batteries in there, but it's still very manageable. The voltage dial is large compared to what I'm used to and is very easy to operate. There are 6 pre-drilled markings that indicate the voltage each 0.5 volt increment, starting from 3.5 volts. There is no indication what each marking represent, so you have to count manually where you are by lining up the arrow on the dial. It is basically a guestimate and the dial changes the voltage very rapidly but screwing on a volt meter takes out the guesswork. The notches represent 0.5v increments but I'm not limited to that.

Edited by Emile