Cartridge Question.

Sinikal

Hey guys, im new to e-smoking, i just ordered my 510 and some juice from JC. Ive been doing quite a bit of research, but ive come across a question i cant seem to find a post about. When you first get your starter pack it comes with some cartridges already. My question is, when you smoke all of the juice in one of the starter cartridges can you use 3rd party juice like JC to refill the cartridge or are you supposed to throw the starter ones and replace. Also how many times (if you can refill the starter cartridges) can you use the same one without replacing the cartridge?

Ive heard different ways of loading Juice such as using a tea bag or polyester, or even candy sucker sticks. LOL! My main goal is to stay away from spending $10 per 10 pack of cartridges and use juice, since it lasts longer. What would you guys recommend as far as setting up your cig to get the most vapor and hit from a drag? Im going to try quitting smoking using e-cigs, so i need it to mimic smoking as much as possible. ;)

-Allan

My question is, when you smoke all of the juice in one of the starter cartridges can you use 3rd party juice like JC to refill the cartridge or are you supposed to throw the starter ones and replace. Also how many times (if you can refill the starter cartridges) can you use the same one without replacing the cartridge?

Ive heard different ways of loading Juice such as using a tea bag or polyester, or even candy sucker sticks. LOL! My main goal is to stay away from spending $10 per 10 pack of cartridges and use juice, since it lasts longer. What would you guys recommend as far as setting up your cig to get the most vapor and hit from a drag?

Alright Sin, first I have to say that I would recommend just altogether not using the juice storage spot in your carts once it is empty. I think that "direct dripping" where you drip straight onto the atomizer is the best way to go. But to answer your questions, you can definetly refill the starter cartridges. That is, on all models of ecigs that don't use cartomizers, which have the cart and atomizer "fused" togther.

Now when it comes to how many times you can re-fill them, it really just depends on how long that perticular cart's "juice storage cotton filler" lasts. You will now it's about time to dump that cart when it starts to need to be re-filled faster and faster. The best way to re-fill your carts I think I should add, is to get a syringe from a supplier such as Dietsmokes.com (that's a link to their page where you can get a syringe by the way) and pull the juice into the syringe, insert the syringe into the bottom of the cart, and fill from the bottom up as you are guaranteed to completely re-fill the "juice storage cotton filler". Lol, I just made that "juice storage cotton filler" name up a bit ago, I don't know how else to describe it. If you can't afford that at the current time though, then you can always do my little trick I used to do. Take a paper clip and straiten it out, now fill the cart storage pice till it "puddles" at the top and start to poke it with the paper clip and that will help it absorb more. Keep doing that process till it won't take anymore.

Like I said before though, I think the best way to set up your e-cig for optimum performance is to direct drip and not use the cotton part of the cart at all.

loads of vendors carry blank carts like Dietsmokes.com as Sean said above as well as e-smokeytreats. i re-stuff my carts from time to time using a lipton tea bag , it works great for me but will need to be replaced every 14 days or so because it's really only paper.

Ok cool. Ive read that dripping directly on the atomizer can ruin it is a myth, but my thought about dripping is whats the easiest way to transport your juice? Id imagine going out to dinner with a bottle of juice in your front pocket isnt all that comfortable LOL!

The 10ml bottles actually aren't that big. Doesn't bother me when it's in my pocket. It's about the same size as bottles for eyedrops. You can also always buy empty bottles that are smaller and just keep refilling them. The JC juice you ordered actually come with smaller 3ml bottles for each flavor.

oh and welcome to the forum...=)

The 10ml bottles actually aren't that big. Doesn't bother me when it's in my pocket. It's about the same size as bottles for eyedrops. You can also always buy empty bottles that are smaller and just keep refilling them. The JC juice you ordered actually come with smaller 3ml bottles for each flavor.

oh and welcome to the forum...=)

yeah bottles of juice in my pocked don't bother me , i carry around two 3ml bottles with 2 devices in a little leather pouch in my pocket , no biggie

Ok cool. Ive read that dripping directly on the atomizer can ruin it is a myth, but my thought about dripping is whats the easiest way to transport your juice? Id imagine going out to dinner with a bottle of juice in your front pocket isnt all that comfortable LOL!

Funny, someone had just asked me this same question the other day. I usually wear jeans or shorts made out of jean material and they always have a little pocket above the right front pocket (I used to call it my lighter pocket). This pocket has now become my e-cig pocket and I keep no more than two 10ml bottles of juice in one of my pockets too. I know for me, the juice bottles are not even noticeable. I do wear slightly "looser" pants and shorts though, so I'm sure that helps. One last thing I would like to advise you on is if you do decide to carry bottles the same, try to stick to suppliers and bottles that use child safety lids. All the bottles I've had that didn't have the child safety caps in the past would, for some reason, leek just a tiny bit and by the end of the night my phone or whatever would have juice all over it. NOT COOL -_-

Sinikal

I'm refilling my carts (M-401). In my main kit (small zippered pouch) I have everything I need including a 30ml and a 2.5 ml bottle (for my pocket), 4 bats, wall/usb charger, 10 carts, 1 push rod, and 5 atty's. This way I always have what I need with me. One cart fill lasts for about 3-4 regular smokes, refilling about 5-6 times a day. I have been using the same cart for 1 week now and have had no problems. I use the 2.5 ml bottle to add a drop of juice on my atty before each use and fill carts on the fly. I use the push rod to raise the reservoir insert in the cart for easier filling.