G4 Cartomizers

Ordered some G4 cartomizers last night. Tried ordering some before from Unsmoke, but something was wrong with their payment system. Anyway I'd like to hear anyone's thoughts on them. Especially anyone who has had experience with them. They look about like a Vortex only threaded for the 510. No wick, no batting, sounds promising, but I expect it to have similar problems to the clearomizers such as leaking and cracking and possibly a shorter life span of the coil.

Funny you should ask, just got a pack this week. First one I filled would not fire on my e-power or my 5v passthrough but did fire on my eGo. Left it standing straight up for a few minutes and all of the juice leaked out. Not a very good beginning. My eGo cone will not fit over the G4 but no big deal. I got my pack from electronic stix and filled the second one with some new juice I got at the same time, no leak on this one but,the juice is lousy and it still will not fire on anything but my eGo So far not much good to say about them but I am not ready to give up yet. Hope you have better luck. :construction:

I plan on using it on an eGO anyway, so it is nice to know it works with it, I have a spare cone so I am not afraid of taking a dremel to it. I figured they would probably leak, as it seems to be common among the clearomizers. Despite the G4 name, (I am assuming it stands for generation 4), it is really a gen 1 product. I imagine there will be a g5 or a g4 rev 2 sooner or later once all the issues with them are widely known. I figure the more ppl, who try them the quicker we can out the problems and resolve them.

I bought a box of the 808 Vortex's when they first came out from GotVapes. 3 of the 5 worked great, 2 leaked from the get go. It appeared to me that the glue around the bottom of the tube, holding it onto the atty, was not holding well. I tried using plumbing tape with no success. Despite the leaking issue, I liked the flavor and the vapor it produced. And, they worked well on both my eGo and box mod using an adapter. I'm not a fan of the white rubber mouth piece. When I discovered that my 510 drip tip fit on the vortex, was a good day. Now with that said, putting the drip tip on was a little tricky. The first time I popped on the drip tip, created a vacuum in the tube that forced juice into the center tube. I tried to mod the vortex with no success. After about 3 - 4 refills the vortex stopped preforming well and cleaning was a disaster. One vortex lasted me a day at the max. After my first box, I decided to not reorder and wait for the revisions.

I received my first box of 510 G4's this past Thursday from Clouds of Vapor. I was so happy to see that they do not have ALF around the wick and the glue appears to be a better quality. I did notice that the flavor and the vapor is not as good as the Vortex. When I tried to put a 510 drip tip on, I cracked the top of the tube. It was still usable though, but I was having the same vacuum problem as with the Vortex. So I relented and put the white rubber mouth piece back on. After the 4 - 5 refill, the first one's life span had ended. I am now on G4 #2. Seeing how I am hard headed, I tried to use the drip tip. I didn't crack the tube this time, but it did force the juice to leak through the battery connector. So I am back using the rubber mouth piece. I am coming to the conclusion that these carto's are not for me. I'm going back to my eGo Tank, Type B and direct dripping.

So far I have had two out of two leak but, I just put some thinner juice in one of the two that leaked and it is holding it. I guess a juice with to much VG is what is causing the leak. I would think the opposite would be true but not so far. :detective: I kind of like the mouthpiece also.

Edited by johns

I had some of the vortex 808d type. 4 tasted burnt, two leaked, but one that didn't leak had great flavor & vapor @ 3.7 volts. I was very impressed, but it just wasn't worth it for 1 of 5.

The caps pop off all the time and annoyed the hell out of me too. LOL Is there a 5 second rule for drip tips/caps on the floor?

I think a few more revisions, and these could be great though!

not had any problems with them, no leaks and the mouthpiece is nice to use

Hank, where the heck have you been???? I'm glad to hear that your giving your pillow a break! LOL! :thumbsup:

I had some of the vortex 808d type. 4 tasted burnt, two leaked, but one that didn't leak had great flavor & vapor @ 3.7 volts. I was very impressed, but it just wasn't worth it for 1 of 5.

The caps pop off all the time and annoyed the hell out of me too. LOL Is there a 5 second rule for drip tips/caps on the floor?

I think a few more revisions, and these could be great though!

Girlfriend, I am with you! I tried the Vortex about two months back and the G4 last week. Maybe I'll give them another go after a couple of more updates.

I have had pretty good luck with clearomizers in general, but the first few days they work great, then die out on the vapor, they don't stop working, just don't work as well, when they do work, the flavor is fabulous. They seem more disposable than cartos. Hopefully you guys are right and they will improve, the concept is real good.

I recently placed a small order from Indy Vapor Shop for a couple of G4 510 Clearomizers. It is certainly a breeze to fill up but the flavor is very weak. I need to run at 5 volts or more just to get any flavor out of them. Even then, the vape still feels too light and airy for my preference. I'll keep playing around, but so far the Dual Coil Cartomizers at 4V are so amazing.

I tried the G4's. I couldn't get a good hit off of them, no matter what. I didn't have any leaking problems but I guess I'll wait and see what happens with them. I really like the SmokeTech dual coil ones though.

Got my G4 cartomizers today. It has literally been ten minutes and I have already modified one of my spare eGo Cones to fit. It really tightens up the draw nicely and that seems to help bring out the flavor better. No leaks yet but it is still early. I can tell though that if I don't grip it firmly at the base when putting it on the battery that I am going to twist the glue loose. The second one did not initially wick properly, but I resolved this by blowing into into it through the rubber mouth piece. There must have been an air bubble in the cavity that allows the liquid to drain to the atomizer. The modified cone also fits too snugly on the second unit,it appears to be the result of a manufacturing error as it appears to be slightly off center, which maybe why it did not wick straight out of the box. A small amount of liquid from over filling was easily removed form the center air tube with a 20 guage syringe. I think that I will store them vertically to prevent more air from becoming trapped in the small cavity between the tank and atomizer. Another advantage to the G4 is that you can quickly refill or fill them without removing them from your battery.

Edited by woodensaint