Close call!

Had my screwdriver 7 months, using same 2 batterys rotating between charges and have had ZERO issues. PLUG AND PLAY

Today at lunch switched out my battery like i do everyday, loaded up my DCHV carto and went away, AMAZING hits, everything is good!, layed it down on the seat and was driving, started to smell my DK-TAB, burning by its self? YES! I grabbed it, about melted my fingers off unscrewing the carto from base/510 adapter, and was puzzled. The switch still PERFECT, great spring back 100% clean. ITS THE CARTO! nope. tossed on a second to my finger death machine always on when screwed in/ constant power. good thing it was still usable, to hit it, just screw on atty, draw and unscrew...lol

THE BATTERY WAS THE ISSUE!!!

Switched batterys and upon further inspection the very bottom flat surface has like a plastic wrap like, here a tiny amount is wore off/ missing now and it was making contact in the case....

so i lost the DCHV carto for my test, burnt taste now, drip tip had melted carto filling attached, and about lost my fingers. BUT IT STILL KEEPS ON A VAPING!

Others have experienced that problem (it can happen with other mods). With the SD Mk2 - which it looks like you have got - the 18350 batteries are a fairly tight fit in the little nano-type chargers the SD comes with (the Mk 1 SD uses 16340 batteries which are an easier fit). As a result, unless you exercise care putting/pulling the SD Mk2 batteries in/out of the charger, the bottom edge of the battery wrapper can get worn/ripped resulting in what you have experienced...

• 1 month later...

Man I'm glad I read this. I tore the plastic edge off of one of my rcr123's yesterday. Anyone know if a little electrical tape will stop the problem before it starts?