Tank Atty Type B

I took the Wick plate off of the tank atty type b and the part that goes around the wick came off. what type of wic should I get? I would like to fix it...it kinda looks like a piece of wire wrapped around the wick to hold it together. my atty will not work now. I only wanted to clean it =(

• 2 months later...

This could be a royal pain and early reports of people trying to fix this mesh "hood" which surrounds and holds the wick material in the spike. Was one of those rage things for a short period of time but I think the tank vapors decided it was too much hassle to buy the silica rope, or get the correct material for the hood. It's a surgical procedure for sure.

I use two solutions; use the atty for direct drip on the coil for testing other juices, or dry burn and store the atty to use later when a different atty dies and use it's wick plate on your saved atty. If this tank system receives any performance and maintenance upgrades (V2) I for one would be a little disappointed if they do not sell a wick plate replacement as an option.

I clean my tank attys also, though I have not lost a wick yet. Might be worth a try contacting you supplier and see if they might send you an extra one with your next order. I have not seen one for sell but I do remember reading in the forums about someone else having a problem with thier wick and the supplier sent them an extra one to try repairing the issue. Im not sure who it was, might have been cignot.com.

Below are two video's on youtube that talk about the wick and cleaning/disasembling the atty. You've prolly seen them already, but just incase you haven't, here you go.

My personal opinion on replacement parts are... "Is it really worth it?" The Ego-T Atty is only $10. Actually I now order mine from a site that ships out of NC, and not china, and the are $8 each, or a 5-pack for like $30. For something that cheep, just buy an entire new one and be done with it, not worth the hassle trying to fix it.

Of course too, you run the risk of DOA atty's, so make sure the place you buy it from has a DOA policy. I personally have a 50% DOA rate on the atty's I buy directly from China (but the company replaced them, no questions asked). However, I'm going to start ordering from the place that ships out of NC because its cheaper, and only takes 2 days in the mail to get it, but I haven't checked on their DOA policy yet.

• 4 weeks later...

My personal opinion on replacement parts are... "Is it really worth it?" The Ego-T Atty is only $10. Actually I now order mine from a site that ships out of NC, and not china, and the are $8 each, or a 5-pack for like $30. For something that cheep, just buy an entire new one and be done with it, not worth the hassle trying to fix it.

Of course too, you run the risk of DOA atty's, so make sure the place you buy it from has a DOA policy. I personally have a 50% DOA rate on the atty's I buy directly from China (but the company replaced them, no questions asked). However, I'm going to start ordering from the place that ships out of NC because its cheaper, and only takes 2 days in the mail to get it, but I haven't checked on their DOA policy yet.

Can you share this place out of NC you are getting them from now? i'm always interested in a good deal!