Tank Troubles

so i've got the ego tank system, using it with my regular ego battery it's the lr atty, and the blue tanks, so i've tried 3 juices with it, all of which taste great in cartos, carts, or directly dripped. but when i use the tank system, the taste is..... off, it's hard to describe, kind of a plasticy, metally taste, not too good, i've boiled the crap out of it each time i moved onto the next liquid, also cleaning the tanks, but it's the same story each time, it's basically the right flavor, but with a hint of terribleness. anyone know what this is all about?

Jon

ok mine did that til I learned to put a couple of drops of the liquid in the atty b4 I put in the tank. What is happening is the cap on your tank is getting stuck to the prong in the atty and getting a little hot and melting the cap just a touch. I put the liquid in then add the tank and it seems to help but I am still a noob.I am still learning so good luck hope this helps.

:thumbsup:

Hey Jon--don't give up yet !!!

1st--I use one of the blades on a small pair of scissors to clear any plastic edges from the top hole in the tank cartridge. I just insert one scissor blade and turn a few times --slightly opens the hole in the cartridge a bit more.

2nd--as stated above--I add a couple drops to the atty before replacing the cartridge.

I no longer have the burning type taste. the flavor still is very, very muted--still works better than cartos for me for when I can't drip. dripping still remains my sweet spot.

not had any problem with the liquid coming out faster or any type of leakage. I only shave enough to remove the membrane that is punctured when attached to the atty.

Hi Jon, been using tanks for 4 mos.now and still prefer to cartos. It sounds like the juice is not wicking properly. What pg/vg mix are you using? The thicker vg mix does not wick as well as the pg in my experiance some folks claim the vg wicks ok...who knows. I also cut away the tank flap and pull the carto away from the atty about an 8th inch seem to help air flow and taste.NOW ARE SAYING YOU WASH OUT THE ATTY? IF SO THAT MAY BE YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM. I have yet save a cleaned atty. I blow them out when their flooded and roll up a piece of paper towel and twist it into the wick side of the atty and leave it for a while. I hope this helps.

Hi Jon, that has happened to me a few times and I just blew the atty out and then added a few drops to it to make sure it wasn't dry. The only thing I wash is the tanks themselves. I can sometimes and turn the tank around it is better but other than that I don't what to tell you. I do prefer direct dripping, carts to tanks but they are so darn handy for going out. I'm now going to try some of those dual cartomizers on my Provape 1 and see if that works like they say it will. Hope so. Good luck with your problem.

scrapman: the 3 juices i used in the tank were 70pg/30vg mixes that i'd dripped prior and liked a lot, there is a very distinct difference in tastes. as for cleaning atomizers, i've had very good success, i have one atty that i've cleaned over 10 times, and it works great. the tank atty just takes longer to dry afterwards, but once it is, all is well. it's a moot point anyway, because the bizarre taste was apparent with the first use of the atty, and has been neither made better or made worse by cleaning it. i tried blowing out one of the first atty's i got, and it absolutely destroyed it, the regimen of cleaning i use works extremely well.

i do understand the concept of never cleaning anything, and it makes sense if you have one or two juices you use, but i'm still sampling flavors, and mixes of vg/pg, and nic levels, and don't have any absolute go-to's yet, and if i were to have bought an atty for every individual flavor i've tried (nearly 70 so far), i'd be quite broke, and would have thrown away a crapload of atomizers. My cleaning method gets a little more fastidious each time, but i have a "control" liquid i use to make sure things aren't being screwed up by the cleaning process, and the only time it was is when i used isopropyle (incorrectly spelled) alcohol to clean an atomizer, i went back to my boiling/ear bulb method and all was well again.

I'm going to try both the 1/8th inch thing, and the scissor scraping thing, see if either of them work well. also looking at dual-coil cartomizers as a possible driving around solution.

Thanks everyone for your insights.

Jon