Fried Ego Batteries

I have two of the ego-t batteries (says it on them) and I am assuming they are 900 or 1000mah (based on the size)and both are behaving oddly and not really working. Starting Sunday, both would constantly be 'on' and providing power to any device as soon as it was attached. Hitting the button 5 times made no difference at all..no lights no nothing. (I even hit it 10 times since someone said that acted as a reset, and nothing.) I put each on the charger for 5 hours or so, and the light never changed to green. Now, one of them does not light when pushed, but when you screw an atty onto it and push the button, it blinks three times, then five. The second one does not light at all, and sometimes when you attach an atty, it automatically fires,and sometimes you have to push the button to make it fire....even when you do that, the light does not come on, and it seems really weak. :wallbash:

I don't know what all this means, other than I don't have these batteries available.

I think my biggest issue is; What could have caused this? For both to get hosed at the same time, it seems like there has to be a cause. Any ideas? Could a using a low resistance atomizer have done it? Would an atty have to be defective to screw up a battery? I am afraid a dual coil cartomizer was the culprit, and the worst part is not knowing what was happening, I used it on my backup riva battery and it is history too!

Unfortunately I have bought some analogs now until I can get to a vendor in York on Tuesday to buy some new batteries. :thumbsdown:

I am interested if anyone has any experience with issues such as this and can give me guidance as to what I did wrong, or how to avoid such a meltdown in the future.

<--- did the same scrapped the ego and went to the screwdriver... i had a bad 1.5 LR atty that burned the mosfet chip by being stuck on, i switched battery's and it fried my 2nd battery. i have had my screwdriver 6+ months now, all i have bought is cartos and juice. screw paying = $20 a battery for the name "EGO" which half of what is being sold is a knock off.

shouldnt all these be labeled DO NOT USE LR ATTYS on the ego's!!!

Dave, bring your ego batteries with you tonight. I want to try them on my battery charger. Also, bring that bad boy duel coil too. I'd like to take a look at it. I have some LR carto's too if you need some.

i was lucky enough to have my batts replaced by a vendor no longer in business today, gave the two riva 650 replacement battery's to mother in law and she quit now as of 40 yrs of smoking, also uses LR attys ( one battery is bad now, been 4 months of rotating 2).

so in conclusion, we probably just hit a bad batch/bad attys/bad luck. I ALWAYS RECOMMEND TO NEW VAPERS SPEND THE MONEY UP FRONT! you get what you pay for, find a nice mod that fits you and go to town. I wish i blew my load on the PROVARI (only $100 more).... lol

Edited by Kingbtheone