Carts And More Carts

f0rbidden

hi everyone...

i received my Apollo kit in the mail today and i'm really excited about using it

think is..the flavor of my tabacco/medium carts is....well, kinda sweet. blech.

Can i use other carts with the batteries? any suggestions? i'm a marb lights girl!

thank you :)

bidden

hi everyone...

i received my Apollo kit in the mail today and i'm really excited about using it

think is..the flavor of my tabacco/medium carts is....well, kinda sweet. blech.

Can i use other carts with the batteries? any suggestions? i'm a marb lights girl!

thank you :)

bidden

it looks like the apollo uses cartomizers, which generally have their polarity reversed so you can't use blank carto's and fill your own, so you may be stuck boiling them and refilling with a different kind of juice... you may get mixed results with that, and boiling cartos and waiting for 2 days for them to dry is kind of a pain, if you can find out who actually makes the apollo, you might be able to get blank cartomizers for it, but i kinda doubt it. that's the problem with proprietary setups like the apoolo/blu/green and so on, is that you're basically locked into their flavors. consider sending it back and getting something like a 510 or eGo, then you can choose from many thousands of different flavors to find the ones that work for you.

Jon

Once you find out what kinda unit it is ( ie.. 808,510, M401 etc....) We can help you out. I couldn't tell from the pics on their website and I dont wanna steer you wrong. Contact them and ask what kind it is. :)

Once you find out what kinda unit it is ( ie.. 808,510, M401 etc....) We can help you out. I couldn't tell from the pics on their website and I dont wanna steer you wrong. Contact them and ask what kind it is. :)

okie dokie - spoke with Apollo - great peeps, btw- they said the battery is a model '108'

does that mean anything?

turns out our friends at Vaporking.com don't think the blanks will work :(

so -- back to the drawing board.

if i were to replace this kit -- what do i replace it with that will not limit my flavor options?

i really like the feel of this DSC108 battery, it's not too heavy, and the matt finish feels good.

being a girl i don't want something big and clunky.

understandable, look at the 510, 801, 901, and so on, there are a lot of good vendors out there. i would personally recommend the 510, it's got all the options you could ever want, and when the need for more battery life outweighs the desire for a smaller form factor, you can always get an ego battery and charger and your 510 attys and cartos will screw right in.

unfortunately, there isn't really a one-size-fits-all solution, but i think most of us start and end in the same spot, wanting something small that feels like a cigarette, and then realizing how little it actually matters and going with something bigger. The 510, however, is a major upgrade from a proprietary kit, and i think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

The real challenge is finding the right juice, i've now tried about 60, and there's only 4 or 5 that i really like... I am, however, the pickiest person on earth.

Jon

Edited by JonHitThingWithRock

any reason i would want to stay away from the KR808? i don't want to have a zillion pieces and parts..so the cartomizer seems like a better choice than atomizer/cartridges..

I've got drawers full of kits I don't use anymore. Don't worry about being loyal to a brand, you'll find the setup that works for you.

the only reason i might not go with the kr808 is that it seems to be a cartomizer-only device, i thought i would only ever use cartomizers, until i dripped, it really is great, and with the kr808, you're unlikely to ever have that option, plus cartomizers aren't very good for trying different liquids, as you have to boil out the old juice and let them dry for a couple days before you can put another type of juice in it, with something like the 510, you can get a bunch of atomizers to try different flavors, and switch to cartomizers once you find the best juice for you. Atomizers dry a lot faster after cleaning, and if you're rotating like 5 or so, you can constantly try new flavors.

Jon