Why Are My Cartos 'burning?'

cheryli

So I cleaned them y boiling in water for 15 mins. Blew them out and let them dry for 2 days. There are some that I can only drag on like about 6 times and then I get that nasty taste and heavy throat/chest hit...yuck! Are they shot? I haven't even filled them 6 times yet! What's a girl to do? The are boge lr cartos.

-C

Once they burn, i haven't been able to save them. Are you running them dry?

I don't think so. I use them till the flavor is gone and it tastes nasty. Still produces vapor though. Sometimes I don't wait to top it off. Just buy more?

Edited by cheryli

They are only meant to last so long and should not be cleaned.

Though, I wouldn't suggest vaping them till they taste nasty. Try to top off when you can they'll last much longer. I usually use a cartomizer for about 5-7 days or so. (give or take)

Once they turn brown in the middle, time to toss :)

i've heard of people cleaning and re-using cartos hundreds of times (dr vapor in one of his videos mentioned this). Here's my method, probably similar to what you do. first i get a container of hot water, force water through it with a nose bulb about 10 times, then use the bulb to force all the water out, boil them for 15 minutes, force all the water out with a nose bulb, boil them again, and before letting them dry completely, i use the nose bulb and force air through it like a good 20 or 30 times, and give them 3 or 4 days to dry out.

when you go to refill it, it'll take a lot more juice than when you're just topping it off. I use a combination of the condom fill method, and the slanted drip-down method to make sure it's really saturated, then clean the treaded end really well before screwing it onto the battery.

The easiest way to clean and re-use cartomizers, however, is to not..... and just order the tank system, which is really easy to clean, and atomizers dry out WAY faster than cartomizers.

Jon

I have read some elaborate ways to clean cartos, to me, they are meant to be disposable and when they are done, I throw them out. Every time I tried cleaning the, it never worked after that. Once you get that burnt taste, it's a gonner in my opinion :D

i guess i'm a bit of a hippie, always like using things until they're completely spent

I'm right there with you. :thumbup:

I blow mine with the canned air & refill. They last about 2+ months.

I've discovered thru trial and error that when my carto

tastes like burnt popcorn it means I've sucked the poor thing dry.. lol :dribble:

Edited by Cheriepye