Upgrade From 510 To Ego.. Any Advice?

amlucent

Hello guys,

I have been lurking VT and still going strong with my 510. I feel so good since I quit smoking! Anyway, after a little over a month of using my original "quit smoking kit" (consists of 2 Joye 510's, 5 cartridges, a ton of ejuice, and a PCC) is holding up well enough but I have a few complaints and I am considering an upgrade.

1) My 510s seem to "leak" ejuice into my mouth if I fill them up anywhere near full.

2) I wish the battery life were longer. I am getting around 18-24 hours out of it and if I did not get that extra PCC I would hate life.

3) I wish my cartridges held more juice. I find I go through a couple a day and more if I am around heavy smokers.

I am thinking of upgrading to the Ego. So my question is will it relieve all these issues? I know the batter is bigger but what about the cartridges? I did read my 510 atomizers will still work with it.

Also I am just asking for any general advice if there is anything extra I should order or know about this ego. I am thinking about ordering this with the XL batteries so I wont miss my PCC:

http://usa.jantyworld.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=yagendoo_VaMazing_2.tpl&product_id=4686&category_id=52&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=177

Edited by amlucent

The eGo and the 510 use the same atomizer. The carts will build up condensation and juice around the air vents, and when enough builds up you will suck it though. It helps if you wipe it off ever time you remove it. Upgrading to the regular eGo won't help that. However, the eGo you linked is the eGo-T which uses a different kind of atomizer and tanks. The tanks hold about 1ml of juice and have no filler. I've been using a tank attys for several weeks now and really like it. A lot of people like them, but there seems to be just as many people who don't like them.

Not sure I understand... you're getting 18-24 hours from a regular 510 battery? Those things only lasted me about 1 to 1.5 hours max. The 900mah eGo battery would probably last a heavy vaper 10-12 hours +/-. If you get 24 hours from a regular battery, the eGo will probably last you a week.

i think what he means is he uses it then puts it into the pcc in between uses. That might explain the battery life.

I would recommend expanding your horizons past just carts. try cartomizers and ce2's and the tank system and see what works best for you. Those all can hold 1ml or above of eliquid and from my experience the ce2's last you longer because the juice doesnt just sit there and evaporate through out the day.

Edited by turtle11c

Hi and congrats on the quit. I don't own a 510 but I will still see if I can help anyways.

1) Are you replacing the filler in the carts, it's meant to be replaced, and they really don't hold much juice anyways.

My advice is buy cartomizers. They hold much more liquid and still have great flavor.

The Boge 2.0 ohm cartomizers are fantastic on the eGo.

2) Yes the battery life is much much much better on the eGo and if you really need xxx long life you can get a 1100mah battery.

3) Again cartomizers hold around 1 ml juice and their xxx large cartos too getting around 2 mls.

Go for the eGo, your 510 stuff will still work and you have many more options to try. I think you would really like cartomizers as well. I also suggest getting some 510 drip tips. They work on attys and cartomizers too. Good luck :thumbsup:

i think what he means is he uses it then puts it into the pcc in between uses. That might explain the battery life.

I would recommend expanding your horizons past just carts. try cartomizers and ce2's and the tank system and see what works best for you. Those all can hold 1ml or above of eliquid and from my experience the ce2's last you longer because the juice doesnt just sit there and evaporate through out the day.a

No, I mean I get 18 hours per charge. I have 2 510s I have one in my PCC and one in my pocket which I use and when it goes dead I swap them around.

Cartomizers huh. I will give that a whirl. It is an atomizer and cartridge together.. so can I refill them?

nevermind, i see how http://www.vaportalkstore.com/pages/How-to-fill-510-Cartomizer.html

Edited by amlucent

A lot of people like cartomizers because you usually get a couple of hours out of them before having to add more juice. I preper the ce2 because i can get a half a day out of the xl ones.