Mad Panic!

Hey,

Apparently the importation of any nicotine products will be banned in my state in Oz. I didn't watch the article myself, but it is concerning. Media sensationalism? Scare tactics? Just not sure and now feel like I want to try and be prepared. The threat of an 8K fine and customs keeping my stuff is enough to make me antsy!

I have zero experience in mixing. Have only ever used Geoff's doublers. Pretty sure I am able to get VG and PG here. I know I can also get flavours - we have a great supplier who is a licensed distributor of Perfume Apprentices gear, plus a few others.

I'm looking for advice on where to get nic. Actually I'd also get PG and VG from the States too I think. Once I know exactly what I'd need to get, then I'll start looking into DIY mixing. All I really know right now is that it's not the best idea to get 100mg nic. What do I get? How much do I get? How long can it be stored?

Hope I'm not bombarding you guys with too many questions!......

EDIT: I forgot to ask... most importantly..... who is the best supplier of QUALITY stuff?

Thanks guys. :)

Edited by Wenchy69

i get flavorings at a local cake and candy making shop. as far as nic. it's all in what you like. i use boxelder. they have great prices and fast shipping. i have had no issues with their product. i think the shelf life for nic is 1 year in a dark place with cooler temps (not refrigerator cold but cool. you can get pg at farm supply stores and vg from the candy making shop also. good luck to you!

Thanks so much Erika!

BoXelder seem to be popular on one of the Aussie forums. I think they also sell PG & VG.

Another dumb sounding question..... Are PG and VG just that? Is there any particular bad product that I need to be mindful of? Like if I buy milk anywhere, it's just milk. I have no idea what I need to do, so just finding out as much as I can before I jump in and buy what I may need. Then to learn all about mixing. :)

Edited by Wenchy69

Hey,

Apparently the importation of any nicotine products will be banned in my state in Oz. I didn't watch the article myself, but it is concerning. Media sensationalism? Scare tactics? Just not sure and now feel like I want to try and be prepared. The threat of an 8K fine and customs keeping my stuff is enough to make me antsy!

I have zero experience in mixing. Have only ever used Geoff's doublers. Pretty sure I am able to get VG and PG here. I know I can also get flavours - we have a great supplier who is a licensed distributor of Perfume Apprentices gear, plus a few others.

I'm looking for advice on where to get nic. Actually I'd also get PG and VG from the States too I think. Once I know exactly what I'd need to get, then I'll start looking into DIY mixing. All I really know right now is that it's not the best idea to get 100mg nic. What do I get? How much do I get? How long can it be stored?

Hope I'm not bombarding you guys with too many questions!......

EDIT: I forgot to ask... most importantly..... who is the best supplier of QUALITY stuff?

Thanks guys. :)

Talks of bans is not new, (doesn't mean it can't happen), but it is a very difficult thing to control in the days of internet.

This is a link for some DIY basics My link. This can help you at least get started.

My link check out wordup. They sell 0-100mg nicotine liquids in premixed flavors or unflavored. The strength you choose depends on your comfort level handling nicotine.

What strength do you plan to mix to??

Word up also has PG and VG.

Flavorings you will always be able to get as they are primarily used for candy or baking.

Liquids last approx 2 years--so won't help to have a 5 year supply. but at least a year or 2 would give you time to play with 0 nic or find another way to get nicotine (there will be a way)

I did experiment with making my own 0 nic and found in a pinch I could make do with it--the key to throat hit is menthol.

we have all been at this point of panic with all the threats of bans and controlswallbash.gif......While I try not to panic, I do love my backups

Thanks so much Erika!

BoXelder seem to be popular on one of the Aussie forums. I think they also sell PG & VG.

Another dumb sounding question..... Are PG and VG just that? Is there any particular bad product that I need to be mindful of? Like if I buy milk anywhere, it's just milk. I have no idea what I need to do, so just finding out as much as I can before I jump in and buy what I may need. Then to learn all about mixing. :)

PG and VG are just that--no additives. would always stick to reputable vendors, but there shouldn't be any any thing added to it unless you get it with nicotine and flavoring.

Talks of bans is not new, (doesn't mean it can't happen), but it is a very difficult thing to control in the days of internet.

This is a link for some DIY basics My link. This can help you at least get started.

My link check out wordup. They sell 0-100mg nicotine liquids in premixed flavors or unflavored. The strength you choose depends on your comfort level handling nicotine.

What strength do you plan to mix to??

Word up also has PG and VG.

Flavorings you will always be able to get as they are primarily used for candy or baking.

Liquids last approx 2 years--so won't help to have a 5 year supply. but at least a year or 2 would give you time to play with 0 nic or find another way to get nicotine (there will be a way)

I did experiment with making my own 0 nic and found in a pinch I could make do with it--the key to throat hit is menthol.

we have all been at this point of panic with all the threats of bans and controlswallbash.gif......While I try not to panic, I do love my backups

Thanks for being so helpful Kitsune!

Yes, I know talk of bans are rife, and have been for ages. I just feel that I need to be prepared in the event that customs doesn't let my orders through. The threat seems bigger at the moment.

I'm going to spend some time later tonight reading up on some of the great mixing threads and see if I can understand the process a little further. Just think right now I really want to get myself some nic, then I can go from there.

I LOVE this forum.... always people ready to jump in, without judgment and help those less experienced! :thumbsup:

I can't say I don't have a stash of nicotine on hand for 'just in case'. We really do love to help. we all started out as the new kid....

if you have more questions, feel free to ask. we will try to help if we can.

Hopefully, there will be no bans...... It never hurts to be prepared....