Need Help Making A 5V Mod.

turtle11c

I have an old 510 passthrough and was wondering if there was a way to make that into a 5v passthrough. I have a tone of old cell phone chargers with 5v output; can i use these to make my 510 passthrough 5v?

Only if they put 1 amp or more 1,000 milliamps or more.If it the one with the battery box you can just cut it out and splice the wires back together.Only two wires and it doesn't really matter how you connect them as long as they aren't touching together when you are done.

i didnt think of doing that (should have been the first thing i tried). I was trying to connect the cables coming out of the 510 to a usb cable to get more length cord wise. I am amazed I overlooked that! I feel dumb. Thank you for the help

Don't quote me on it, but alot of 510 PS run at 5v, cause usb ports are 5v. You can get a portable cellphone charger brick with usb connection for portable pwr, they run around 30ish bucks. Although alot of usb ports run 5v dosen't mean you get the full 5v from what im told. You can always get a powered hub and plug it into the wall. Some passthroughs might regulate to 3.7 volts, but they most the time run at 3.2 like ego batteries.