Getting Around Smoking Bans

With recent smoking bans in Germany a little ingenuity comes into play. It's weired to think Germany went non-smoking. When I was there 2002-2004 you could smoke anywhere. McDonalds for example had ashtrays on each table and there was a small kid's looking area as a designated non-smoking section. You could even smoke in the airports there and they had clusters of ashtray stands in the terminals every 50-100 yards.

"Speaking of smoking, some restaurant owners in Germany have come up with a novel workaround to the smoking ban; patrons can stay inside and smoke outside through "Smoking Points" that resemble a cross between a porthole and a stockade. Added bonus: it makes the smoker look like, well, a complete ***! (For the sake of full disclosure, your correspondent is a guilt-ridden smoker."

smokingpoint_450x626.jpg

I don't know if I could ever willingly put my head into a giant raw anus looking hole just to smoke.

Maybe it's just me.

yea its just you....J/K. I wonder if he knows what he looks like from the outside? How is that better than just stepping outside? Yeah your still "inside" but jeez LOL. How uncomfortable and yea your inside a giant anus.