Truesmoker.com's Truesmoke Juice Review

After I ordered my JC sampler pack i decided to get myself another e-juice to use for comparison purposes. I had to order some extra parts from TrueSmoker for my Dragon e-Cig and figured I would go ahead and try some of his juice while I was there.

I'm going to use a similar methodology to my JC Juice review, with a few changes. I'm working out a system for reviews using a 5 cloud rating system for vapor production (as opposed to a 1 - 10 scale). I'm also going to be reviewing the juice in regards to how it works on both of my e-cig models - the m401 Dragon and the 510.

1. Shipping

Shipping from TrueSmoker is always fast. Typical ship times run in the 3 - 4 business day arena. So far every one of my orders has been packaged and shipped the same day via USPS (US Postal Service, just in case) express mail. A tracking number is provided so you can check the USPS tracking site and see that the USPS tracking system is a complete joke. They basically have two statuses - shipped and received. Wow. Thanks. I already know it shipped and, since the package is in my hands already, I appreciate you taking the time to remind me of that. Go USPS. From what I've been told it depends on who's at the sorting facility and if they make the effort to scan and update the status. Whatever, this is something completely out of TrueSmoker's control anyway so my rant has no bearing on this review. But thanks for listening.

Packaging

The e-Juice came packaged in bubble wrap. PLENTY of bubble wrap. The bottle itself is a plastic dropper bottle - the dropper is built into the bottle as opposed to being part of the cap and removable. the bottle also has a child proof cap, making it impossible for children and the old to open. Also, kinda hard to do one handed. At first I thought it was unscrewed when I got it (see, the childproof cap spins ans spins like it's open, but it's not)! Totally freaked me out as I thought it had leaked everywhere, but it didn't.

Flavor

The flavor I ordered was TrueSmoke, labeled Like Smoke on the bottle, in 18mg strength. TrueSmoker describes the flavor on the website as "A unique flavored juice very enjoyable smoke." Not much to go on there. So I dropped a few drops on my m401 atomizer and took a few drags. The best way I describe the flavor is akin to that of a medium bodied (i.e. not full flavored. So like a medium, or a light) cigarette. Honestly this is the closest thing to a real cigarette that I have smoked. I'm talking tobacco here, not the "I just licked an ashtray" cigarette flavor. There is a slight sweet undertone, kinda like a molasses flavor. I very much enjoy vaping this juice and plan on getting more in the near future. If you're looking for something that closely approximates the taste of a real cigarette give this a try.

Vapor

Here's how the rating system will work - I'm going to use a 1 - 5 scale instead of a 1 - 10 scale like I did with the JC juice. Why? Because I want to. Also because a 1 - 10 scale involves way to much thought. I mean, there so many more numbers to consider!

Anyway, here's the scale breakdown:

1. 1.
    Barely any to no vapor. Anemic even.

Noticeable vapor, but not a whole lot. Think "I don't really smoke but pretend I do in order to look cool. But I really have no idea what I'm doing. Did I even light the right end? Maybe nobody will notice."

Vapor production is there and is adequate. Vapor is definitely noticeable, and thick without being overly thick. Closest to smoking a cigarette.

Wow! This is a 3 taken to the next level. Nice billowing clouds of vapor. Enough to make other people jealous and wonder if there is something wrong with you.

HOLY CRAP BATMAN!! I CAN'T SEE A THING! A cloud of vapor which beams of light could not penetrate. So thick, in fact, that the mere sight of it would cause you to weep uncontrollably.

I'll further break this down by device to give a better impression, starting with the m401 and moving to the 510:

• m401 - The Dragon

I didn't use a cart, only dripped on the atomizer for best and quickest results. I typically had to take a primer puff or two before I got any substantial vapor using the JC juice. Not so with TrueSmoke. I inhaled once and the amount of vapor simply blew me away. This was the first time I had vaped anything that came even remotely close to cigarette smoke. At first blush I was going to give this a 5 on vapor production. But that was just ridiculous. Seriously. Technically a 5 is only reachable by something that would make people think either I, or my house, was on fire. A 5 would involve a call to 911 to get the fire department out to save me. So, with that said, I give this a strong 3. How is a strong 3 different from a regular, or light, 3? It's not. I just aided that word to drive home the idea that I strongly gave this a 3 in the vapor department. I didn't tentatively give it a 3, I slammed that 3 on the table and made you look at it. I put it right there in front of your face so you could see it flex its muscles and bare its teeth like a caged wild dog. This 3 would make you crap your pants if you saw it in a dark alley at night. Get it? Good.

• 510 - The ... uh ... 510

I dripped on the 510 as well. Looks like that's going to be my modus operandi, or MO if you prefer, so get used to it. Ok, I dripped, hit the button, and took a drag. I'd give this a - before I get into that, how long do you hold your button down on your manual batteries? I press it down for a sec before I drag then I take like a 5 second drag, take my finger of the battery, and finish off the drag. Is that how you do it? I'm curious really. Anyway, where was I? Right, the vapor production. The 510 gave me a solid 4 on vapor. I don't want to say that the vapor was incredibly more than the 401, but there was definitely more vapor. This is due in part to the manual battery, but also is a testament to both the e-juice itself and the 401.

1. Throat Hit

As I've mentioned throat hit is not something I'm after. I do realize, however, that it is high on other people's lists of what they are looking for in a e-cig so I'll address it either way. Throat hit for both e-cigs was present. At times it seemed overly harsh with both, but that was a product of the way I was inhaling as opposed to the e-juice itself. I can say this because, while throat hit was consistent, the harshness was not. Can I rate this on a 1 -5 scale? No. Why not? I have nothing to compare it to. Is it like a cigarette? i don't really know. I can't recall there being a throat hit with regular cigarettes. The TrueSmoke juice definitely left a tingling sensation (or burning, depending on how you describe it) at the back of the throat or in the mouth. So there you have it.

Overall Impression

This is a great product. Not overly strong, a good cigarette (tobacco) flavor with a nice sweet (molasses like) chaser. Great vapor production, throat hit for those looking for it, and a great supplier to get it from. I highly recommend TueSmoker's Truesmoke juice. You will not be disappointed.

So there you have it! My Truesmoke juice review. Hopefully I've helped you along in the decision making process.

P.S. – I have absolutely NO affiliation with TrueSmoker.com. I do, however, approve this message.

Good to know man i was gonna try some of the Totally Wicked camel juice but i like Truesmoker and i will give his a shot, thanks for another great review KarateLobster.

Btw your review of the Dragon swayed me to that product and i am loving it.

Oh and you my try dipping with the 401 i get better vapor production and it less refilling that way.

Edited by MunkusBFunky

Thanks MunkusBFunky! I doubt the Truesmoke will disappoint. I'm interested in what your thoughts are of it when you get it. If anything to see how two palates compare.

I'm glad the Dragon is treating you well. I'm still loving it, and I do drip. Like crazy. Matter of fact I went a little crazy with the drops during this review and had to go into evasive action to keep the battery from getting flooded :lol:

Thanks MunkusBFunky! I doubt the Truesmoke will disappoint. I'm interested in what your thoughts are of it when you get it. If anything to see how two palates compare.

As soon as i have the $$ for the passthrough and another battery I'm gonna get some of that TrueSmoke, I know you didn't smoke candy canes before but you should try his menthol flavor its very mellow (didn't like it at first because it wasn't enough menthol for me).

I'm glad the Dragon is treating you well. I'm still loving it, and I do drip. Like crazy. Matter of fact I went a little crazy with the drops during this review and had to go into evasive action to keep the battery from getting flooded :lol:

hehe that's why i don't drip... i dip. Got a contact cleaning case and just put enough in it to get the bridge wet so it makes that bubble in the middle... so much easier than trying to drip, with a 401 anyways.

hehe that's why i don't drip... i dip. Got a contact cleaning case and just put enough in it to get the bridge wet so it makes that bubble in the middle... so much easier than trying to drip, with a 401 anyways.

Reading is fundamental. I re-read your earlier post and saw that it said DIP and not DRIP. I've thought about dipping, but I'm such a klutz I'd end up knocking it all over the place. :blush:

I've thought about dipping, but I'm such a klutz I'd end up knocking it all over the place.

It's not so bad if you just put very little in there just enough to get the bridge wet. Then if you do spill some (and you will, I did shortly after that post last night), it wont be much, or any at all it's hard to knock it over I just had too much in it and got careless (and a little drunk).

Flavor

The flavor I ordered was TrueSmoke, labeled Like Smoke on the bottle, in 18mg strength. TrueSmoker describes the flavor on the website as "A unique flavored juice very enjoyable smoke." Not much to go on there. So I dropped a few drops on my m401 atomizer and took a few drags. The best way I describe the flavor is akin to that of a medium bodied (i.e. not full flavored. So like a medium, or a light) cigarette. Honestly this is the closest thing to a real cigarette that I have smoked. I'm talking tobacco here, not the "I just licked an ashtray" cigarette flavor. There is a slight sweet undertone, kinda like a molasses flavor. I very much enjoy vaping this juice and plan on getting more in the near future. If you're looking for something that closely approximates the taste of a real cigarette give this a try.

I have to say i agree with you on this Karate, the closest cig i can think of is a Marlboro Light, maybe a little deeper like a Medium though. Definitely nothing like a Camel though.

Vapor

Here's how the rating system will work - I'm going to use a 1 - 5 scale instead of a 1 - 10 scale like I did with the JC juice. Why? Because I want to. Also because a 1 - 10 scale involves way to much thought. I mean, there so many more numbers to consider!

Anyway, here's the scale breakdown:

1. Barely any to no vapor. Anemic even.

2. Noticeable vapor, but not a whole lot. Think "I don't really smoke but pretend I do in order to look cool. But I really have no idea what I'm doing. Did I even light the right end? Maybe nobody will notice."

3. Vapor production is there and is adequate. Vapor is definitely noticeable, and thick without being overly thick. Closest to smoking a cigarette.

4. Wow! This is a 3 taken to the next level. Nice billowing clouds of vapor. Enough to make other people jealous and wonder if there is something wrong with you.

5. HOLY CRAP BATMAN!! I CAN'T SEE A THING! A cloud of vapor which beams of light could not penetrate. So thick, in fact, that the mere sight of it would cause you to weep uncontrollably.

I have to give this a 4 for me, both of the Truesmoker juices I've tried have given me excellent vapor, way more than i would have expected out of a M401 model.

Throat Hit

As I've mentioned throat hit is not something I'm after. I do realize, however, that it is high on other people's lists of what they are looking for in a e-cig so I'll address it either way. Throat hit for both e-cigs was present. At times it seemed overly harsh with both, but that was a product of the way I was inhaling as opposed to the e-juice itself. I can say this because, while throat hit was consistent, the harshness was not. Can I rate this on a 1 -5 scale? No. Why not? I have nothing to compare it to. Is it like a cigarette? i don't really know. I can't recall there being a throat hit with regular cigarettes. The TrueSmoke juice definitely left a tingling sensation (or burning, depending on how you describe it) at the back of the throat or in the mouth. So there you have it.

This is also something I don't really look for either , but if this is your thing this juice will surely float your boat. Very full scratchy tingling sensation on the tongue and the throat.

Overall Impression

This is a great product. Not overly strong, a good cigarette (tobacco) flavor with a nice sweet (molasses like) chaser. Great vapor production, throat hit for those looking for it, and a great supplier to get it from. I highly recommend TueSmoker's Truesmoke juice. You will not be disappointed.

Agreed!

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines