Atty 911!

ok! real quick..i have 2 attys one reggi and one low res..low res i use all the time but this one time i had my ego in my pocket and almost set my leg on fire cuz i was depressing the button wth my thigh..it got SUPER HOT...and upon examination the lil coil inside is slightly burnt...now after cleaning it..dipping in alcohol and rinsing again. its just not kicking out as much vapor as my REGGI atty...it makes me sad but..did i totally blow my atty with my hot pocket trick? or is there something i can do to salvage it?

my REGGI atty is fine i just think im not used to using it cuz im spoiled on my LR...i dont ahve a back up i think that will work as good as this atty :<

I think you might be ok, it sounds like it may still be wet inside. It usually takes my attys/cartos at least 24 hours before their totally dry. If your Atty doesn't do anything at all then it's toast. If it warms a bit then it's good. Good luck!

Don't forget, you can get a button protector for your eGo too. Their only like a buck and will save your pants from exploding :thumbsup:

Edited by Beans

watch out!!! im the only ego hater here but i have a reason---- i had a reg 900 mah battery with a 1.5 lr atty and the atty fried my batterys, but it stuck on the 1st time when i was at the table, nothing hitting the button it just stayed on and got nuclear hot, almost burned the table but we could smell it cooking.... put the same atty on a couple others not knowing it was the reason, and i gave up on the ego... TOSS THE ATTY IT IS POSSESSED

well thanks for the prompt responses,

to beans.~ i let it dry over night on a paper towel. and im using it today despite lack of *puff puff the magic dragoness* ive cleaned it and i blow it out twice a week or more..

to King ~! lol i had an atty on a smoke51 manual battery, die in mid-puff *it was running cold* then the battery went all spooky on me and stayed on even when the atty was not attached, set the same atty to my ego batt and it made some kinda hissing noise..so ya i know what u mean by possessed :X but i cant toss i dont have a spare ><

you can always try the coke cleaning method then rinse, dry for 24 hours and do a quick dry burn. all the burnt stuff popped off mine and it was like new again. but beware of the stuff popping off. it flies literally and can hit you in the face. learned that one the hard way. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the necro post hehe, It probably cooked the juice on the coil and coated it pretty good, blow out the juice into a paper towel. You can then try a dry burn (if its LR don't try this, it will pop the coil) I have dry burned LR attys with success, but you have to be extremely quick on the button, and lucky too. After you dry burn it run it cart side up under the faucet. The force of the runnin water cleans it better than a soak does.