Vortex From Gotvapes Review Part 2, Full Tear Down And Slight Modification

Atari

Step by step pictures, with the guide below HERE

Yesterday I posted my initial review of the gotvapes Vortex cartomiser. I liked a lot of things about it but in the end it didnt stay wet enough for me. But in all fairness, I hate stock clearomisers, I hate most stock CE2 anything. They have historically not wicked well enough. But again in all fairness I love my clearomisers after a couple tiny modifications. So today Im going to tear apart a couple Vortexes and figure out what makes them work. Now the first thing is getting the outer tube off, there is a glue or epoxy inside of the tube, So I found the best way for me is to hook it to a battery for better grip and to hold the bottom of the tube while wiggling it back in forth in different directions

Once the glue starts to break loose you can pull off the outer tube, and pull the cup and inner tube out. I havent found a way to do this with out ruining the foam filler around the cup, but for this adjustment you wont need it anyway. Now you have three parts, the bottom coil/battery connector, the outer tube, and the inner tube/cup.

The first thing I did, (do this at your own risk, just because I prefer it this way doesn't mean you will) was tear off the white filler around the cup. Then I took a scalpel and scraped off most of the glue.

The glue was actually around the base of the notch . I did not make any cuts to the groove in the cup, i only scraped off the glue that was also on the tip of the wick on this particular cartomiser. So I took a small knitting hook and fanned out, or fluffed the ce2 in the coil. It was packed in there so tight Im not surprised it couldn't wick. I also spread the coil out, as you can see its all bunched to one side. Space it evenly across the wick and it will preform a LOT better. Simply ripping off the filer did not give me the best performance

Now its a reassembly project, cup back over the coil and the outer tube back on as well. Make sure the wick is over both channels on the sides of the battery connector.

Ive ran through about 2ml in 2 vortexes so far and I havent had a leaking issue. There is a little condensation inside the cup, but it isnt enough to cause a problem as long as you clean it out after each fill.

I know Im being really in depth with something as simple, as "take out the white filler" but I wanted everyone to see what I was seeing. After this change I still had to let them soak in pretty well before starting to use them. One big plus so far with these is they seem a lot harder to burn, as soon as you start tot taste a difference in the liquid, STOP, let it wick a little more. Once it gets started and is wicking nicely, it seems to stay saturated.

This little change has made all the difference in the world to me. I am now getting the pure flavor of the liquid. Just like my clearomisers, all it took was a little more juice. The shorter wick may not hold up as well as the longer ones, but well have to wait and see, but for now let me revise my pros and cons based on this minor modification

PROS

-Easy to fill, the simplest piece of equipment you will ever find to fill

-Flavor was great,

-Vapor production was good across the board

-Extremely quick and easy to clean and reuse, easier than my beloved tanks

-Sturdy construction, a little bit thicker that the regular clear rubes

-No leaks, This was one of my biggest worries, but even the condensation only left a drop at the bottom of the connection. I even had it in my pocket half of the day, but watch the mouth piece it can fall off easy in a pocket

CONS

- Some modification required

-mouth piece gets really loose if you get juice on it

Conclusion, it just needed a little tear down to get it wicking right. I also noticed that the second fill always wicks better than the first. They are so easy to fill and clean, but the shorter wick does seem to equal shorter life. But so far Im happy, now if they lowered the price just a bit I would be more than happy to replace these on a regular basis just because of the ease of use.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines