Question About Mod Batteries And Chargers

So, I got my Old Goat mod a month ago or so and I love the convenience of it. I use a Boge LR cartomizer on it mainly because I am addicted to the snap-crackle-pop and flavor burst of a new and newly wet carto. Yummmmmmmmmmmm.

I bought 2 Trustfire 14500 protected batteries on it, and I have been reading about high drain batteries as being able to hold their charge to the very end, which sounds good. The one thing about a bottom feeding box mod is that it really prefers a fully charged battery, and performance drops when the battery life is dwindling. That seems to be happening sooner than I would have expected with the non-high drain so I am wondering if high drain is what I need, and where you have had good experiences in getting them.

The other question is about chargers. I read about Pila chargers as being the gold standard. I also read on the Internet that they are to be used only with Pila batteries. Is that right? I bought a cheap charger with my batteries and it's getting the job done but is flimsy. The one thing that I, like every vaper, want to avoid is not having fully charged batteries available.

What's your best recommendation for bagteries and a charger?

There are two schools on the high drain batteries... those who love them and say they can totally tell a difference, and those who have used them and could not tell any difference. LOL! There's a chart around here somewhere (I think Burn posted it) showing that there's really not much difference in the drop-off rate.

I'll be so jealous if you get a Pila charger! I've been eying one myself just because it looks so cool. LOL! Super-T has then now and I'm seriously considering one. I've never head that you can only charge Pila batteries.

I just ordered two from Electronicstix,I will let you know.They cost about the same as a regular 14500.I just use the cheap flimsy chargers ,they do the job.

Edited by mcquinn

Good question! I hate the drop off too, so I keep 4 batteries charged and ready for each day.

One alert memo to you: Ron (Old Goat) will not warranty the OG if the Low Drain is used. He will only warranty the protected batteries usage. (unless he's edited of late, you might want to check with him).

Thanks, guys!!! I put a freshly charged battery on in the morning, and take my charger with another batt in it, and plug it in when I get to work, so the new one is ready just about on time.

You know me - always looking to improve the experience. I LOVE having my Old Goat mod. I honestly think if new people started with this, they'd have such an easier time.

As always, VT rocks. :animier: