Should I Return My Atty?

First time ever using a tank and I bought 2 attys/ One was ok but the other one has a nasty burnt taste. Should I send it back? I don't know what to do with it and I don't want to call TW if it is not broken. It gives the vapor and all but it tastes awful..

Also, how do I clean these attys? Can I boil them in water?

First time ever using a tank and I bought 2 attys/ One was ok but the other one has a nasty burnt taste. Should I send it back? I don't know what to do with it and I don't want to call TW if it is not broken. It gives the vapor and all but it tastes awful..

Also, how do I clean these attys? Can I boil them in water?

I got mine from TW and it broke 2 weeks after I got it. I emailed them, and they sent me a paper to fill out and asked me to return the broken one. they sent me a new one, and it is awesome! email them and explain to them what is happening. I would not boil them. Just rinse them under hot water and let set out in the window to dry.

Edited by Tagsanstuff

Hi fellow resident of PA, welcome to the forum.

Did you blow out the primer that is in the atty when you first get one? I'm not sure what the primer is. I am thinking it might be pg. What ever it is, blow it out. When you first use a cart and puncture the top. Take the cart back out and remove the top piece. Now take a pair of tweezers or needle nose pliers and twist off the plastic tab, put the top back on the cart and put it back in the atty. Make sure it is well seated in the atty. When using the tank for the first time, let it sit for a minute or two in order to allow the wick to get completely wet. When you are getting a burnt taste from the get go either the wick is not significantly wet or you are using a juice that is too thick and the juice can not flow into the atty. I have to use thin juice in a tank atty.

What I do for preventive maintenance: every few days I blow out the atty into a paper towel. I blow until no more juice comes out. Then I take straight pg, pour a little into the top of the atty and blow it through. Repeat this until the pg comes out clean. Blow it out real good, shake it out and then wipe out the connection end to get all the pg off. Now you age good to go. You can boil the tank atty, but you have to do the double boil method, and the boiling water will remove the rubber coating from the atty exterior. It doesn't harm the atty, it just won't look the same. Afterwards you have to make sure you get as much of the water out of the atty and then let it air dry for 48 hours. The natural air flow is restricted so it takes longer to dry out completely. Another way to clean out the atty if it is gunked up is to let it sit in ever clear for 15 to 30 minutes, swirling it around to get the ever clear to agitate in the atty. After the ever clear bath, rinse out with very hot water real good, blow it out and allow to dry for 48 hours. If I do preventive maintenance and don't use thick juice, dark juice, or extremely sweet juice, I don't have to give the atty a bath in ever clear or boiling water.

I love my tank even with its "not so good" points. The weak flavor and the condensation build up in the mouth piece and around the cart in the atty. For the condensation build up in the mouth piece, I remove the two little pieces on the top of the mouth piece. I have never gotten juice in my mouth either. For the condensation build up on the outside of the cart piece that is down in the atty, I take it out every so often and wipe it off and replace it.

Good luck and I hope this helps and you enjoy your tank as much as I have! thumbsup.gif

Hi fellow resident of PA, welcome to the forum.

Did you blow out the primer that is in the atty when you first get one? I'm not sure what the primer is. I am thinking it might be pg. What ever it is, blow it out. When you first use a cart and puncture the top. Take the cart back out and remove the top piece. Now take a pair of tweezers or needle nose pliers and twist off the plastic tab, put the top back on the cart and put it back in the atty. Make sure it is well seated in the atty. When using the tank for the first time, let it sit for a minute or two in order to allow the wick to get completely wet. When you are getting a burnt taste from the get go either the wick is not significantly wet or you are using a juice that is too thick and the juice can not flow into the atty. I have to use thin juice in a tank atty.

What I do for preventive maintenance: every few days I blow out the atty into a paper towel. I blow until no more juice comes out. Then I take straight pg, pour a little into the top of the atty and blow it through. Repeat this until the pg comes out clean. Blow it out real good, shake it out and then wipe out the connection end to get all the pg off. Now you age good to go. You can boil the tank atty, but you have to do the double boil method, and the boiling water will remove the rubber coating from the atty exterior. It doesn't harm the atty, it just won't look the same. Afterwards you have to make sure you get as much of the water out of the atty and then let it air dry for 48 hours. The natural air flow is restricted so it takes longer to dry out completely. Another way to clean out the atty if it is gunked up is to let it sit in ever clear for 15 to 30 minutes, swirling it around to get the ever clear to agitate in the atty. After the ever clear bath, rinse out with very hot water real good, blow it out and allow to dry for 48 hours. If I do preventive maintenance and don't use thick juice, dark juice, or extremely sweet juice, I don't have to give the atty a bath in ever clear or boiling water.

I love my tank even with its "not so good" points. The weak flavor and the condensation build up in the mouth piece and around the cart in the atty. For the condensation build up in the mouth piece, I remove the two little pieces on the top of the mouth piece. I have never gotten juice in my mouth either. For the condensation build up on the outside of the cart piece that is down in the atty, I take it out every so often and wipe it off and replace it.

Good luck and I hope this helps and you enjoy your tank as much as I have! thumbsup.gif

Wow you know this stuff well. I am really confused here. a few quesitons please

1. What is ever clear and where can I get it?

2. My e liquid is 70^% Pg and 30% VG so that is not too thick, right?

3.which end do I blow thru on the atty? the end that attaches to the battery, or the other end?

4. I just put a drop of my juice inside the atty and that seemed to take away the burnt taste. I hope that is alright?

5. Have you used the lr attys with this? I read that they do wonders for the tank

If you are able to drip directly to the atty and get good vapor and no burnt taste, it's probably not the atty.

sometimes VG seems to be a bit too thick for the tanks, even the VG mixes. if the liquid isn't pulling from the tank to the atty you will get a dry burnt atty taste.

For the primer (tastes really nasty)--you blow through the battery end of the atomizer--just hold it over a papertowel or something and blow through the battery end of the atomizer.

everclear is a very high proof clear alcohol. personally, I would just go with blowing out the atomizer.

Do you have any straight PG liquid to try??

Also, make sure the tank cartridge isn't filled all the way to the top, make sure there is a bit of space at the top of the cartridge.

My LR attys are in the mail, so no help there.

Hi all you vapors out there...been using a tank for a while now and find that even the 80%pg/20%vg mix does not wick well...lots of dry hits so been mixing a little pg juice that seem to help. that said I am disappointed that the 80/20 mix does not wick well...I bought 150 ml of that mix. I just ordered some mega cartomizers to try them...hope it works. and does anyone know where to buy the syringe to fill the cartomizers? Thanks for your input.

I'm using the LR tank atty with 70/30 mix and it seems to work well as far as wicking to the atty. They are light colored liquids I try to stay away from the dark colored ones. Also make sure the cartridge is pushed in all the way, if not it may not be getting to the atty.

You do not need a syringe to fill these carts, the cap that attaches to the battery end comes off and you can drip it it or as another member shared with me you can use a pipette which may be easier to come by.

I"m still new with the tank only 48 hours in so i'm just posting my experience thus far :)

Hi all you vapors out there...been using a tank for a while now and find that even the 80%pg/20%vg mix does not wick well...lots of dry hits so been mixing a little pg juice that seem to help. that said I am disappointed that the 80/20 mix does not wick well...I bought 150 ml of that mix. I just ordered some mega cartomizers to try them...hope it works. and does anyone know where to buy the syringe to fill the cartomizers? Thanks for your input.

Usually the vendor who sells a product that requires filling with a syringe or special filling devise, will sell them. I think you can buy a syringe and 18 gauge needle at the local pharmacy. Its been a while since I had to by one at the pharmacy and I don't know if they still sell them out right. I use to use them to inject seasoning into chicken before they came out with a special injection devise made for seasoning meats.

Wow you know this stuff well. I am really confused here. a few quesitons please

1. What is ever clear and where can I get it?

2. My e liquid is 70^% Pg and 30% VG so that is not too thick, right?

3.which end do I blow thru on the atty? the end that attaches to the battery, or the other end?

4. I just put a drop of my juice inside the atty and that seemed to take away the burnt taste. I hope that is alright?

5. Have you used the lr attys with this? I read that they do wonders for the tank

Hey Birdie, I know some of the questions we talked about through PM. The 30% VG might be your problem. Since wicking is a problem with the Tank, you really need a very thin e-liquid. You can add straight PG or distilled water to your current juice, but that will water down your flavor, not to mention your nic strength. This is a little tip someone shared with me recently and I have been having success using it so far. Slowly start drawing on your cart, for a second or two, before turning on your battery. Then continue to draw for a second or two once you release the battery button. He said that the drawing in, without the battery on, pulls juice to the wick so that it is well wicked before the atty turns on preventing the dry burn (burnt taste). And the continuing to craw in after the battery is off helps to keep the wick wet between vaping. Like I said, I have been doing this since last Friday and it does help with the wicking issue.

I blow through the top of the atty (the other end).

Hope this helps you.