What Type Of Juice Do I Need?

Dondlelinger

Ok the best way i know is figure out your approx nicotine intake, this is not proven nor is it perfect but for me from what i Read I came up with this formula.

1 extra light smoke = .7mg of nicotine(depending)

1 light smoke = 1mg of nicotine (depending)

regular nicotine = 1.5-2 mg (depending on brand)

Strong/ Full flavor = 2-3 mg of nicotine (depending)

How I figure this number out is, I take the average number of nicotine from my regular brand of smokes.

my pack says "nicotine 1.7 - 3.2mg"

so 1.7 + 3.2 divided by 2 = average

I average 2.45mg of nicotine per smoke

multiply that on your average smokes per day

For me that equals

2.45 x 20 = 44.45mg per day

divide by 2 (because in vaping you don't absorb as much nicotine per inhale, and more is lost)

44.45 divided by 2 = 22.25mg

A heavy full flavor fairly heavy smoker I could use 24mg juice and its actually a bit strong for me.

I technically haven't vaped yet but this seems to be the best way (for me) to logically take a guess at what level nic juice I need.

Please anyone whos a big vaper now could anyone see if this formula works for you.. Please post results good or bad, this was just a formula I made up..I really don't want to mislead anyone.

Edited by Dondlelinger

that sounds accurate. not sure i understand the dividing by 2 thing but i would get mostly 24 and maybe some 36 for the really strong cravings until you get used to vaping and get over that initial hump.

that sounds accurate. not sure i understand the dividing by 2 thing but i would get mostly 24 and maybe some 36 for the really strong cravings until you get used to vaping and get over that initial hump.

Neither do I really but, I found it in some thread buried in a forum somewhere so I tossed it in my simple formula to help me figure out a good starting point.

Thanks makes me think I'm on the right track.

I used to smoke Camel Lights 99's between 30 and 40 cigs a day. I find that I vape even more than I smoked. I use 18-24mg liquid depending on the vendor. I need a decent Throat Hit(TH) and found that 18mg on some vendors works for me while other vendors I need 24mg to get that TH. I rarely vape just one flavor or joose from one vendor all day so I end up bouncing between 18mg and 24mg all day. I don't get nic sick and don't get analog cravings so I figure I'm right where I need to be.

I used to smoke Camel Lights 99's between 30 and 40 cigs a day. I find that I vape even more than I smoked. I use 18-24mg liquid depending on the vendor. I need a decent Throat Hit(TH) and found that 18mg on some vendors works for me while other vendors I need 24mg to get that TH. I rarely vape just one flavor or joose from one vendor all day so I end up bouncing between 18mg and 24mg all day. I don't get nic sick and don't get analog cravings so I figure I'm right where I need to be.

Camel Light 99 filtered cigarette contains 0.7 mg of nicotine

so this would

.7 x 35(average) = 24.5mg

hrm maybe the division is un needed.

Edited by Dondlelinger

The nic content of eliquid is listed as mg per ml. 24mg eliquid is 24mg per 1ml of eliquid. The part you're leaving out of your equation is how much eliquid will you use per day. This varies from person to person, and many of us find that we vape a lot more than we smoked.

When I first started vaping I was using about 10ml of 24mg nic per week. 10ml X 24mg = 240mg of nic. 240mg of nic divided by 7 days = 34mg p/day. I had been a 1.5 pack a day smoker, so about 30 cigarettes a day @ 1mg each = 30mg. That was pretty close. However, I'm now vaping 15-20ml per week of 24mg.

Since you know you're getting about 44mg per day, then you'll probably be using 2ml of 24mg eliqid per day (48mg).

I guess I didn't get all mathmatical & have a formula. I just kept buying 24mg until I got my Reo Mini, then I noticed since I was vaping more often, I could cut the nic.

Math make Matt confused. :wacko:

24 mg. taste good

24 mg. no give me shakes

Me like 24 mg.

*grunt*

:D

LOL I'm with you, math bad never enough fingers :veryangry:

I think its good I'm cut my nic from 24-36 mg to10ish mg@10+ mls a day......That's a lot of nic :whistle: I'm good though :thumbsup: