Research On Vapor?

cheryli

Has there been any research on the content of the vapor that is exhaled? Is it just water? Does all the nicotine get immediately absorbed?

-Cheryl

I think its mostly PG (or VG) that you're seeing. And I've *seen* (but haven't read any real research) that most of the nic is absorbed in 4 to 5 seconds. Maybe someone else can shed more light on that part.

From what I have read what you are seeing is water molecules. Caused by the heating of the pg or vg thus creating the vapor. I have read that just a small percentage of the nicotine ever leaves your body. I think that is right if my memory serves me but it doesn't serve me to well anymore. also there was a study done by "New Zealand Health" in 2008 but that study was paid for by Ruyan, maker of e-cigarettes. Chris will probably have a site that has any studies that have been done and have been made public.

Edited by cheshyl

Has there been any research on the content of the vapor that is exhaled? Is it just water? Does all the nicotine get immediately absorbed?

-Cheryl

There has been some study but nothing is really official at this pint if I recall correctly.

What ever it is it condenses on the inside of my van windows in the winter time and needs to be cleaned off pretty regularly .It also would be less harmful to second hand vapers I would assume.