Janty Stick Issues?

Didn't exactly break, but it seems that the atomizer that came with the Janty Stick is burning way more cart fiber - or something equally distasteful - than the 801 I was using.

I know many are fans of dripping, but I was finding that I could use the cart to good effect before topping off for longer than I could drip before I got a "burnt atomizer" taste (which I don't love about as much as the burnt fibers).

I tossed the 801 I was using because I thought it was bad, but it turned out to be a problem with the Janty Stick. Juice had been leaking into the atomizer/battery compartment ... tried cleaning with Qtip, but what got it working again was basically hammering the new atomizer in -- must've screwed-up the connection somehow?

Anyway, I've got more 801 attys coming and I'm hoping the Janty Stick will still work with them. Of course, I've also got a VP2 coming, so maybe I won't care if the Janty Stick works. ^_^

It could be that fibers are on the atomizer, I doubt it's burning more cart fiber than other atomiser as they all pretty much work the same.

Have you tried taking a look into the atomizer to make sure no fibers are sticking out?

As for the VP1 although I love the unit, I still prefer the Janty Stick for on the go. Mostly because it doesn't leak all over the place.

How do you know the liquid got into the battery compartment? Does your battery have liquid on it?

I don't see any fibers on the atomizer now, but maybe that was the problem. I haven't put a cart back in since dripping worked fine, but I'll have to give it another try.

The atomizer was actually leaking into the hole in the stick where you screw it in (I was thinking of the stick as the battery ... the actual hole for the rechargeable battery wasn't wet).

So I think this messed up the connection between the stick and the atomizer -- it was definitely screwed on tight, but would only work intermittently. I got frustrated and tried whacking the atomizer end on the counter thinking to force the connection and after several tries it now works fine. I'm just hoping I can get it out again if I need to. :blush: Was wondering if this had happened to anyone else.

What's up with the leaking on the VP1?

I don't see any fibers on the atomizer now, but maybe that was the problem. I haven't put a cart back in since dripping worked fine, but I'll have to give it another try.

The atomizer was actually leaking into the hole in the stick where you screw it in (I was thinking of the stick as the battery ... the actual hole for the rechargeable battery wasn't wet).

So I think this messed up the connection between the stick and the atomizer -- it was definitely screwed on tight, but would only work intermittently. I got frustrated and tried whacking the atomizer end on the counter thinking to force the connection and after several tries it now works fine. I'm just hoping I can get it out again if I need to. :blush: Was wondering if this had happened to anyone else.

Ahh now I think I know what your talking about, if you mean you see liquid coming out of where the atomizer is, OR when you pull the atomizer out the outside is covered in liquid, then this is normal. A good cleaning every so often will keep it in top notch shape. However the flickering your talking about doesn't sound like a connection issue with the atomizer but rather a battery issue. It could be one of two things

1. The battery for whatever reason isn't making a connection (could be an issue although I doubt it)

2. The janty stick needs to be recharged. Unlike most ecigs, the Janty stick will not flash when it's dead (at least the few we have here don't) What it does do however is start to flicker on and off. You push the button and it will turn on for a second then turn off and vapor sucks. You'll know it's dead because normally right when it starts to flicker you will see a red light rather than a blue. Then you set it down and try again it will turn blue for a second, flicker off and may turn red again. (Because there is still a bit of charge left) In other words the stick starts acting like a crack head. Next time it does this switch it out with a charged battery real quick in see if it stops. Or place it on the USB charger for about 10 minutes (you cannot use it as a passthrough if the battery is dead) then try to vape again. If it starts working like normal, you know the problem isn't with the unit, it just needs charged. I've heard this from users before :)

What's up with the leaking on the VP1?

It's actually not really an issue with the VP1 itself. When you start dripping sometimes you can over do it, or the atomizer doesn't feel like working top notch and the liquid will leak out of the air holes on the bottom. (happens to me all the time, there is just no way your going to vape all the liquid out ever time) This also happens with the 510 and just about every ecig model. So it's normal. The Janty stick however is the only model that no matter how much you drip, you don't have to worry about it leaking on your hands. Worst case scenario it will start to like around the mouth piece a bit, but you can just pull out the atty and wipe it down.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks Chris -- I've had the issue with not realizing I need a new battery too ... even with a new one the Janty Stick acts like a crack head sometimes (or is that me?!?). Right now, we're working again, so I'm just going to go with it -- still have some time on the warranty if it turns out not to be a user error.

I haven't dripped enough to deal with leaking ... although I am getting more fed up with carts, I haven't quite given up on them yet.

Do love the Janty Stick, but have been using the VP2 for a few days now and while I might not try to check it through the airport, I definitely enjoy it as much or more than the Stick.

Yea most people seem to like the VP models more. It could just be that I get to crazy with the liquid.

Glad that everything seems to be work now though.

By the way Sean and I just figured something else out last night, if you push the button on the Janty stick, then let go, then tap the bottom of the unit, it starts to blink red. How weird is that? I'm going to ask Janty if they know why. (Don't ask how we figured that out, we're always messing around with these things) :D

By the way Sean and I just figured something else out last night, if you push the button on the Janty stick, then let go, then tap the bottom of the unit, it starts to blink red. How weird is that? I'm going to ask Janty if they know why. (Don't ask how we figured that out, we're always messing around with these things) :D

I think maybe you made it mad ... :o

lol no seriously try it, it works! We both have the version 2

Actually Chris has the version 2 and I have one of the pre-production models. Royce has the 2nd version though.

• 4 weeks later...

lol no seriously try it, it works! We both have the version 2

I've noticed the same thing on all my sticks. You don't have to push the button either. I think it's because the battery momentarily breaks contact, and that three flashes is the signal that the battery is installed correctly.