Melting Carts?

Proliphikwon

when I used the carts that came with my ego I noticed that they were melting just a little bit on the end that you insert into the atty. To remedy this I ordered a few stainless steel drip tips that I love and look sweet on my rig and have been dripping since. However I do see a benefit to having a few carts lying around. my question is, was i doing something wrong? Over vaping? Were they cheep carts? And can you recommend me some that you like.

I've never had that happen to me, butI have heard of it. I'm sure someone will Let you know whats going wrong shortly.

My thought is you were possibly letting it get to dry and hitting it too long and close together. Just a theory. Try letting it cool off in-between hits, maybe at least 10-20 seconds in-between. Also were your carts the pre filled ones? Those tend to be cheap and not as good IMHO.

I no longer use carts. I'm a Carto girl, but VT, VK both carry good products.

Good luck and let us know if you figure it out.

yes they were pre filled. it was my first few days with no analogs so quite possible I was over vaping. I dont plan on straying from dripping but could be convenient to have some carts lying around. can you tell me why you like the cartos i know nothing about them.

I had a ton of problems getting my carts to wick properly, Im also an Atty killer lol. I don't know why. :wallbash:

I started using cartos in Feb, and haven't gone back. The cartos are convient for me. They hold over 1 ml of juice, wich is good because I vape at least 10 mls a day. So it's a lot less filling for me. As well as it's never hit or miss. They work every time for me. When I was using attys and carts it seemed like I was pulling them apart every 10 minutes to fiddle with.

I do want to say that an equal amount of people have problems with cartos here. I think it comes down to what you like best. Everyones different and expects different results from their vaping. If your new I would try to buy a few of each and experiment. You never know what you may like. I resisted cartos for months till I broke down. Now I'm a die hard.

Good luck!

I forgot to add a Carto is an Atty and cart in one. there is filling in side that you never have to remove or change. They can also be cleaned and reused IF you like, but they are disposable and cheap.

Edited by Beans

The edges of the carts do have a tendency to melt when the atty gets too hot. Just a side effect of using carts. if you look inside the atomizer-the base is somewhat oblong--the cart is also somewhat oblong-if you line that up, the carts have less tendency to melt.

I have since moved over the the Ego tank system for those times when I can't or its just inconvenient to drip. The tank system is so easy to use. the only draw back has been a bit of flavor loss, but great vapor and throat hit.

The ego T atomizer and ego T cartridges = Ego Tank system. Will work with any Ego battery.

Question for you. If your cart go so dry that it melted, could you notice the burning taste the cart gives off? That's a sure warning to me that something is drying out and needs to be topped off. Also, has it been just one cart and not all of them? Remember to keep the filler material moist at all times. Possibly it burned a little and melted the cart. Just another thought. Good luck.

Edited by cheshyl

I had a ton of problems getting my carts to wick properly, Im also an Atty killer lol. I don't know why. :wallbash:

I started using cartos in Feb, and haven't gone back. The cartos are convient for me. They hold over 1 ml of juice, wich is good because I vape at least 10 mls a day. So it's a lot less filling for me. As well as it's never hit or miss. They work every time for me. When I was using attys and carts it seemed like I was pulling them apart every 10 minutes to fiddle with.

I do want to say that an equal amount of people have problems with cartos here. I think it comes down to what you like best. Everyones different and expects different results from their vaping. If your new I would try to buy a few of each and experiment. You never know what you may like. I resisted cartos for months till I broke down. Now I'm a die hard.

Good luck!

Yeah, cartos are ok in my book... :thumbsup:

Isn't it strange, being where we are with cartos/vaping, that even veterans of vaping "have terrible luck with them or plain can't stand them, etc." ? That seems so crazy when I read about all the problems/drawbacks people come up with on cartos. I seriously couldn't be any happier using them. I don't know... just an odd observation I've had... not trying to pick on anyone in particular either... lol. :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

Yeah, cartos are ok in my book... :thumbsup:

Isn't it strange, being where we are with cartos/vaping, that even veterans of vaping "have terrible luck with them or plain can't stand them, etc." ? That seems so crazy when I read about all the problems/drawbacks people come up with on cartos. I seriously couldn't be any happier using them. I don't know... just an odd observation I've had... not trying to pick on anyone in particular either... lol. :thumbsup:

To be honest DAYVAPE, you were the proverbial straw that wore me down and got me to try them out. Thanks a million.....I just bought/stole 10 more packs from VK at an unbelievable price. :thumbsup: Under a buck a piece! Woot Woot!

To be honest DAYVAPE, you were the proverbial straw that wore me down and got me to try them out. Thanks a million.....I just bought/stole 10 more packs from VK at an unbelievable price. :thumbsup: Under a buck a piece! Woot Woot!

LOL! That's too funny! So, was VK's having some sort of sale on them or do they just get cheaper the more you buy?

Seriously though... I'm happy to know that they are working out for you and that you like them. :thumbsup:

HOLY SMOKES!!!! GREAT SCOTT - I just commented this with my last VK carto order about wanting to see discounts for buying in bulk- VK now offers 10 boxes or more at 6 bucks a peice. you can get 50 cartos for less than 90 Bucks! I"M THRILLED BEYOND BELIEF. Thanks for mentioning the cost beans

HOLY SMOKES!!!! GREAT SCOTT - I just commented this with my last VK carto order about wanting to see discounts for buying in bulk- VK now offers 10 boxes or more at 6 bucks a peice. you can get 50 cartos for less than 90 Bucks! I"M THRILLED BEYOND BELIEF. Thanks for mentioning the cost beans

Silly egoluvr, your forgetting the VTALK15 discount code and your vapor BUX. It's way way cheaper than $90 :thumbsup:

how do you get Vapor BUX? and the note on their site says the discount codes don't count with the bulk deals.

It accepted it when I checked out :( try it. I didn't read that, but I was very eager lol. The BUX If you have an account with them log on and look for your account settings button it should be there. Just follow the directions. Good luck! :thumbsup:

It accepted it when I checked out :( try it. I didn't read that, but I was very eager lol. The BUX If you have an account with them log on and look for your account settings button it should be there. Just follow the directions. Good luck! :thumbsup:

I just tried to order the cartos on VK and it isn't giving me the bulk discount??? Are you talking about the prefilled cartos? The boge ones?

I so totally did and I had nearly 80 vapor bux so I got an extra 3 bucks off. Plus the VT discount, LOVE you for finding this! Thanks :thumbsup:

NM. we are talking about the empties apparentley. :detective:

oh ooops we should have specified that. Yes it's the empties, but it's so easy to fill your own and well worth it with this discount. Just order some juice with them you'll still save over the prefilleds

I so totally did and I had nearly 80 vapor bux so I got an extra 3 bucks off. Plus the VT discount, LOVE you for finding this! Thanks :thumbsup:

There's a great good prophets sale right now Lol. eGo T batteries are $17 :thumbsup: hehe I finally ordered me some. juice is $6 for 30 ml a good time to try!

Sorry rok its the Boge ones.

Edited by Beans

There's a great good prophets sale right now Lol. eGo T batteries are $17 :thumbsup: hehe I finally ordered me some. juice is $6 for 30 ml a good time to try!

Sorry rok its the Boge ones.

I spent over $80 at GP yesterday. Really nice sale!