Samsung 18650's

psycho9x

I can get a bunch of theses samsung ICR18650-26C batteries for free but i cant find any information out there about them being protected or not. does anyone have an idea?

This is printed on the battery: ICR18650-26C Samsung SDI 895

Edited by psycho9x

If you intend to build or rebuild a pack with 18650 cells we highly recommend purchasing cells WITH TABS already welded on.

Features and Benefits:

LG Lithium Ion 18650 cylindrical rechargeable cylindrical battery provides higher energy density with optimized electrodes design.

3.7V 2200mAh high capacity

Higher energy density, higher capacity and lower weight than other types rechargeable batteries

Manufactured under ISO9001-2000 to assure quality

Improved Battery Safety

Free from Leakage of Liquid Electrolyte

Low Battery Internal Impedance

High Capacity at Low Temperature (-10C or below)

Applications

Building laptop battery, digital camcorder, digital camera, e-book, etc.

Building portable power device needing high energy density and low weight.

Product Specifications:

Capacity: Nominal: 2200 mAh

Minimum: 2150 mAh

Dimensions Diameter: 18.3 +/- 0.1 mm (Max 18.4 mm)

Height: 64.8 +/- 0.2 mm (Max 65.1 mm)

Weight (Typical) ~ 44.5 g

Nominal Voltage Average 3.7V

Internal Impedance < 90 mho (with PTC)

Cycle Performance 80% of initial capacity at 300 cycles

NOTE: Use special caution when working with Li-ion cells, they are very sensitive to charging characteristics and may explode or burn if mishandled. Make sure the user has enough knowledge of Li-Ion rechargeable batteries in charging, discharging and assembly before use. Always charge in/on a fire-proof surface. Never leave charging batteries unattended. We are not responsible for damage if there is any modification of the batteries/chargers in any form or shape (including pack making). We are not responsible for any damage caused by misuse or mishandling of Li-Ion batteries and chargers. We only recommend using Lithium Ion rechargeable batteries with a control circuit (protection PCB) to assure safe charge, discharge, etc, use of lithium ion batteries with a protection circuit is potentially hazardous

This is the info I found on them.....Hmmmmmm it doesn't sound like it, however I'm not particulary bright. I hope this answers your question..

You can usually see the where the protection circut board was added on and the battery shrink wrapped.On the negative end you can feel the seperation between the battery end and the circut board.The shells for the batteries are one peice cup shape and ones without protection boards will be smooth from where the top on the positive end is crimped on all the way to the bottom.You can also see the conducter that goes from the circut board to the positive end under the shrink wrap.