Suffolk County, Ny Bans Indoor Use Of E-Cigs

DarthVaper

But the bill's sponsor, Legis. Jon Cooper (D-Lloyd Harbor), said the battery-operated devices are dangerous and need to be barred from the county's buildings.

"They will be free to use these in the privacy of their own homes, but they will no longer be able to subject innocent people around them to these dangers," he said.

Ignorant comments like that piss me off. What are they worried about? I don't even know what to say. Just sounds so dumb.

It's almost like a mob mentality now. Regardless of what the facts are every politician looking to be on the "right side" is going to get on the "FIRE BAD!!" bandwagon. Why waste time actually doing the slightest amount of research when it's just going to get you on the wrong side of the fence? Politics is not rooted in reality, but simple a machine which, when used correctly, can launch any self righteous jackass into the stratosphere of power and money. Our representatives only represent a small number of "us". Unfortunately, when it comes to voting (and I'm guilty of this myself) we don't always act accordingly and vote in primary elections and the such. SO, we kind of shoot ourselves in the foot (or feet. Maybe foots? I don't know but you get my point).

Imagine if they put the whole e-cig up to for a vote? Wow.

Of course, let us not forget, we are all afraid of that which we do not understand.

Some of us are afraid of clowns.

I fear llamas.

Hairy, spitting, bastards.

I would just like to know who is going to "police" this?? is it a misdemeanor or do you get a ticket or can someone make a citizens arrest? How lame is this. The sad thing is - is this is just how the ban on analogs started then everyone jumped on the bandwagon and low and behold, well you know the rest of the story.