Revolution Ecig Charger Seems Wonky

crazysquirrel

So, I'm new to vaping and after reviewing a bunch of information and some of the videos at the VaporTalk store, I ordered the Revolution ecig starter kit. But, the batteries and/or charger in the first kit I got did not work properly - so the VaporTalk store peeps sent me another kit, which was totally awesome of them. Between the short & intermittent life of those first 2 batteries I was able to deduce that I really like vaping and like the hit I get from the Revolution ecig.

Today I got the replacement kit, and the batteries seem sturdier but the charger is still acting wonky just like the one from the other kit. According to Phee's video, there are lights on both parts of the charger that should be red/blue/green depending on whether the ecig is charged or not. The lights on the chargers I got are: red on the outlet charger, blue on the usb charger - all the time - so I can't tell if the battery is charging or not. The tip blinks when I insert the battery into the charger, but that was also happening with the 2 defective/wonky batteries in the first kit.

So at this point I have no idea if these new batteries are going to work! Can anyone help me figure this out? Am I doing something wrong, so the charger lights aren't changing or the battery isnt in there properly? Followed all the instructions in the video and watched it a few times to be sure! Really want to get on with quitting smoking yucky tar cigarettes and really think ecig will be the answer for me, but not if it won't work consistently! Help will be mucho appreciated..

I haven't had any experience with the Revolution e-cig, but I did watch Phee's video and it looked like getting the battery into the charger was a little tricky (at least trickier than a standard 510). It doesn't screw in like most of the other battery/charger combo's I've seen, it kind of snaps in. If you've gotten the batteries replaced, and if you're sure the battery is making good contact inside the charger, I would try removing it from the wall outlet and plugging it straight into the PC via USB to ensure it's not the wall charger portion that's bad. If you do that and it's still not working, I would try another outlet. If all else fails, let VTS support know, I'm sure the VTS folks will take care of you if it's a manufacturer issue.

Did you buy it at the vaportalk store? If so- Chris will take care of you and make sure it works I'm sure.

I know a lot of people here tried the cig/analog look-a-likes and went to the Ego/Riva/Volcano/Inferno style for better battery life and interoperability with accessories/attys.

EDIT- I just re-read the post. I see that you did get them at VTS, and there is a post above mine with good advice.

Edited by TroopX

I haven't had any experience with the Revolution e-cig, but I did watch Phee's video and it looked like getting the battery into the charger was a little tricky (at least trickier than a standard 510). It doesn't screw in like most of the other battery/charger combo's I've seen, it kind of snaps in. If you've gotten the batteries replaced, and if you're sure the battery is making good contact inside the charger, I would try removing it from the wall outlet and plugging it straight into the PC via USB to ensure it's not the wall charger portion that's bad. If you do that and it's still not working, I would try another outlet. If all else fails, let VTS support know, I'm sure the VTS folks will take care of you if it's a manufacturer issue.

Thanks for the advice! Duh, I didn't even think to try the USB charger directly! Thankfully my bf got the wall charger to work today - by really jamming the battery into the charger - yep, it is tricky. The colors of the lights are still totally different than in Phee's vid, but if the batteries work now, that's what matters! Appreciate your help.

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to say that my charger did the same thing, when I plugged it into the wall they switched from blue/green to the red then the USB part would occasionally flash blue. Also as it charged it seemed like both lights were half red when it got close to being done. I dont know if that makes any sense to you, but I noticed that as well with mine. Hope all is going well now!