Question About Cartos...

ive been looking into the idea of getting some from china, but then i was faced with questions such as

do i want single coil or double coil?

do i want regular or megga cartos?

do i want colors?

now i dont care about what color they are but i know nothing about coils, nor have i any experience with megga cartos... yikes? help?

and if i were to purchase some from china i know i would want to get enough to justify the expense of shipping so how many should i get? 100? more?

decisions decisions and i am ill prepared to make them!

I bought a pack of 5 mega cartos from VK. I've only used one so far. It seems to work ok, but I just don't care for them as well as the Boge 2.0 ohm cartos. I feel like their very similar to vaping on the tank, I loose flavor and their more of a hassle for me to fill. Great for a back ups but not my first choice in the all day vape. Just my opinion tho.

so far i have found nothing that compares to a nice fresh carto... im busy boiling some at this momement and hoping i can get more life out of them, my issue is that i seem to clog them up quickly, so at the rate of at least one a day, sometimes up to three i really need to have a nice back up stash of them.... what is your choice for the day? DD is a bit time consuming for me

I like the boge 2.0 cartos best also. I find that the juice has alot to do with their performance also. Too thin or to thick is a problem! I'm having really good luck with sweet vapes juice 70/30 seems to be perfect and doesn't gunk up or run right thru my cartos.

Amused I wish I could help you with the coil buisness, all I can say is that i'm pretty certain the boges are single coil.

for 100 cartos you will pay close to $60 just on shipping. they do not do anything other than EMS for that type of thing.

you don't really get a break on buying direct till you get into the 10,000 unit range.

i know this because i just made a bulk order for 306 cartos (imo the best cartos ever and are the same threads as 510)

was just going to order enough to last me a while but then seen the shipping cost and was like ok, lets go big.

I have had real good success with horozontal coil cartomizers which Boge cartomizers are. I have working will Bloog cartomizers for a while now. I have switched buying blanks to a company called Ikenvape but the only problem with there cartomizers, is that everybody found them at the same time and he is having problems keeping his stock in. He will sell out in a matter of hours so he is limiting is ordering to 15 of any type at a time. Personally I think they blow a way the Boge but that is my personal opinion. I can usually get a week out of a caromizer. The mega cartomizers usually hold righ about 3 ml or 60 drops while normal cartomizors will hold about 20 drops or 1 ml. I like to use a reg cartomizer when I vape anything sweet while tobacco flavors I will go with a LR cartomizer. Hope that helps

Paul

my problem is with them clogging up, last night i tried to doctor one that had only lasted a few hours, used the paper clip, got it working again... sadly had to keep using the paper clip to keep the hole open adn eventually i managed to mistakenly displace the wire... ooops lol... well, at least i have 3 left in the box and several drying from an attempt to revive them... perhaps there is something else i could try, but im afraid of spendind a fortune on something else only to find it doesnt work for me, like the tank didnt, in fact i did try the tank again last night just to see if im just plain nuts or if its really not working for me, and lol i managed to finally get some flavor when i managed to screw something up and juice came out the mouth piece... so its still a no go...

so if the tank is a no go, and the cartos keep clogging... how do i make this work for me without spending hours obsessing over how long a carto is going to last before clogging...

anyone tried the ceramic ones?

amused - is it possible your over filling the cartos? try blowing thru the open end over and hold a paper towel, see if your getting a lot coming out the threaded end, if so then it probably is overfilled a bit. Also make sure your not over tightening when attaching to the battery. I apologize if you've stated this before but what pv are you using, and what kind of juice? I hope we can get this resolved for you. :)

egoluvr, im using an eGo, the juices are VR 80/20

as for blowing, thats the problem, when they get like that no amount of blowing will help, ive been careful not to overfill, only topping off when it gets dry... i have even tried blowing with a bulb thingy when they get like this, really no air will move... when i do put the paperclip in i hit some resistance, then i get some dark stuff on the paper clip... im wondering if maybe the LR is just too hot and causes some kind of buildup... i dont know, im just the newbie lol

I use the boge lr's not having a problem with them. Does your juice seem thick? are you using the carto with your eGo cone? if so try it without the cone and see if it makes a difference. Exactly what cartos are you using?

Wow. No way should you be going through a carto a day! Thats nutz! I have yet to try the lr cartos. I use the regular boge and can get weeks out of them. Even using 30/70 pg/vg. Some of the darker vr juice did gunk them up quickly though, so i stopped using it. I still think you would love the map tank. No gunking even using straight vg and it tastes like dripping. Warm yummy flavor.

amused, did you try without the cone? Sometimes if the cone is too snug not enough air can get through and that can make the draw seem really tight. I asked about the brand of cartos too because some of them have to be punctured and if you dont that can cause airflow issues as well. Really want to help you get this resolved :(

If they're boges, you can also try pulling out the stuffing, but leaving the inner coil and sock, then drip on it. Works great if you can pull the stuffing out without breaking the coil.

50% of the time I can use them instead of just dumping em.

You might be able to see what's happening inside a little better anyway.

yikes, no, no cone, no soft top, using a drip tip but i remove it to top off... works like a charm at first then slowly gunks up, even with the clear liquids, todays carto has lasted most of the day but the draw is now getting harder and will soon be gunked up like that last ones... yes they are boge, 2.ohm

and im willing to go map tank or what ever might work, but from my failed attempt at the tank i want to make sure my next purchase actually works

yikes, no, no cone, no soft top, using a drip tip but i remove it to top off... works like a charm at first then slowly gunks up, even with the clear liquids, todays carto has lasted most of the day but the draw is now getting harder and will soon be gunked up like that last ones... yes they are boge, 2.ohm

and im willing to go map tank or what ever might work, but from my failed attempt at the tank i want to make sure my next purchase actually works

Have you used something to stick through the center tube/hole in the carto? I use a paperclip most of the time when mine start to get stiffer to draw on. Simply poke it all the way through from the top and out the threaded end... then gently turn it in circles both directions a few time then line it back up so it's centered. This works for me every time. Just a thought.

Now I see that you HAVE tried the paperclip... don't give up on it. You will most certainly see darker colored "gunk/juice" on it because that is the stuff that has been getting hot over and over again, so it has turned a bit nasty. As for feeling it hit something when inserting it... if everything is lined up like it's supposed to be you should not feel anything. That is the main reason I do it... to kind of re-align everything every once in a while. You just gotta keep trying to move it around until you can hit it. Also, you can go from the threaded end first and then out the top (just make sure it sticks out far enough to grab it)... this is often times much easier to do when I run in to problems going in from the top. Once it's stuck out the top you can grab the end and wiggle it around in circles the same way... then center everything up again and it will draw like new! At least it always does for me anyway! :thumbsup:

Just some more random thoughts.

Edited by DAYVAPE

I don't know if you saw the other thread on cleaning the center of a cartomizer, but you can thread some embroidery floss and pull through the Carto. It works like a charm.

Yeah, I also saw someones video using those "bridge cleaners" or whatever they were. Looks like I'll be trying some of those out as well... great idea! :thumbsup:

Hey Dayvape, missed you around here this week. Hope all is well :)