Ego Vs Riva

rebo

whats the pros and cons of the eGO and the Riva

http://www.vaportalkstore.com/products/Joye-eGo.html - ego link

http://www.liberty-flights.com/product.asp?id=40 - ego link

http://www.liberty-flights.com/product.asp?id=55 - riva 510

http://www.liberty-flights.com/product.asp?id=56 - riva 901

what is the pros and cons of the rivs and the ego.. ?

the riva that would be similar that is

this will determine what i get..

tnaks rebo..

from what i have seen people post on the forums here, the Riva has a slightly better battery life, the button on the Riva is rubber and feels better and does not stick (i have only had my eGo button stick once but it does happen) otherwise they are basically the same unit. Liberty Flights claims that the Riva is the one that they personally use. The parts are interchangeable as well, for all purposes they are basically the same, other than the eGo comes with a 650 battery and the Riva a 750

from what i have seen people post on the forums here, the Riva has a slightly better battery life, the button on the Riva is rubber and feels better and does not stick (i have only had my eGo button stick once but it does happen) otherwise they are basically the same unit. Liberty Flights claims that the Riva is the one that they personally use. The parts are interchangeable as well, for all purposes they are basically the same, other than the eGo comes with a 650 battery and the Riva a 750

so the riva is cheaper and if the quality is just as good ima get that what one is better the 901 or the 510 ?

whats the difference ?

They are referring to the different style of atomizer's you can purchase with the starter kit. Both the Ego and the Riva support 501 atty's and 901 atty's. I've never used the 901's but I love the 510's. I haven't tried the Riva, but from what I've gathered from reading the forums, it's almost the exact same product at the Ego with the exception of the battery difference Easily Amused has already pointed out. All of the parts are interchangeable.

I also want to point out that some people claim the ego is better, simply because the riva is a "knockoff," and therefore MUST be of inferior quality, but some of them also believe that you ALWAYS get what you pay for. And then there are also those who have financial interest in convincing you it's better... Until something drastically stupid happens to my Riva, I'll be taking that with a grain of salt. So far it hasn't given me any problems whatsoever. Neither has the Ego, with the exception of the button sticking. That's not really a huge problem unless it's in your pocket with an LR atty on it, and you don't notice til it's burning your leg and killing your atty. But for that reason, I don't really touch my Ego anymore. When I'm at home, I vape my Don, and when I'm not, I take either my Don or my Riva with me. I have yet to have the Riva go off in my pocket. Considering the fact that the Ego button sticks sometimes, but the Riva does not, plus the fact that the Riva's battery is a higher capacity, I'd say the Riva is better until proven otherwise. It'll also cost you about half the price of an Ego.

Oh, also, if you get a Riva, you'll probably want to get the 510. I don't know what the difference is between the 510 and 901 atomizers, but I know that the 510 is the most popular base model. Most of the community's e-cigs and mods have a 510 connection, so I'd imagine it's easier to find accessories and parts compatible with a 510. If you already have a 901 and are just looking for a bigger battery, then by all means get the 901 Riva.

Edited by DerStadtschutz

I also want to point out that some people claim the ego is better, simply because the riva is a "knockoff," and therefore MUST be of inferior quality, but some of them also believe that you ALWAYS get what you pay for. And then there are also those who have financial interest in convincing you it's better... Until something drastically stupid happens to my Riva, I'll be taking that with a grain of salt. So far it hasn't given me any problems whatsoever. Neither has the Ego, with the exception of the button sticking. That's not really a huge problem unless it's in your pocket with an LR atty on it, and you don't notice til it's burning your leg and killing your atty. But for that reason, I don't really touch my Ego anymore. When I'm at home, I vape my Don, and when I'm not, I take either my Don or my Riva with me. I have yet to have the Riva go off in my pocket. Considering the fact that the Ego button sticks sometimes, but the Riva does not, plus the fact that the Riva's battery is a higher capacity, I'd say the Riva is better until proven otherwise. It'll also cost you about half the price of an Ego.

Oh, also, if you get a Riva, you'll probably want to get the 510. I don't know what the difference is between the 510 and 901 atomizers, but I know that the 510 is the most popular base model. Most of the community's e-cigs and mods have a 510 connection, so I'd imagine it's easier to find accessories and parts compatible with a 510. If you already have a 901 and are just looking for a bigger battery, then by all means get the 901 Riva.

Agreed- I own both also and I the eGo will always have a place in my heart as my first love but- I am tending to favor the Riva these days. I know the fact that the battery is 750mah compared to 650 with the eGo shouldn't make a difference in operation but I swear my Riva is a little more powerful. If I had a multimeter I'd test them out. I mean it's not a huge difference but it is a difference, and it doesn't seem to matter whether i'm using a joy atty or riva atty, although again i'm finding hte riva atty to perform just a bit better.

Agreed- I own both also and I the eGo will always have a place in my heart as my first love but- I am tending to favor the Riva these days. I know the fact that the battery is 750mah compared to 650 with the eGo shouldn't make a difference in operation but I swear my Riva is a little more powerful. If I had a multimeter I'd test them out. I mean it's not a huge difference but it is a difference, and it doesn't seem to matter whether i'm using a joy atty or riva atty, although again i'm finding hte riva atty to perform just a bit better.

I don't know from personal experience or observation, but I've heard from some that have the means to test it that the Riva battery actually puts out a little over 4 volts when fully charged, whereas the Ego battery never goes above 3.7. That would explain the perceived increase in power.

As far as EM(company that makes the riva)'s atomizers are concerned, I don't really like them too much. I think one of the ones from my kit is just a bad atty. It works, it creates vapor, but it's very hit or miss. I haven't even touched the other atty that came with my kit. I've been using my joye atties with no problems. Now my "bad" atty could just be a fluke, but I don't plan on buying EM atties in the future just to be safe.

I am a Riva 510 user and I am more than happy with the unit. Great battery life, excellent vapor production, and in the end - you can put any "510" brand Atomizer on the battery. So if you prefer Joye branded atomizers, you can simply purchase them and use them with the slightly larger Riva battery. Both are 3.7 volt devices, and both have protected batteries that perform about the same in terms of voltage drop off and battery drain.