Help Please ! Riva 510

bignick163

hey guys I just recived my Riva 510 which came very quickly. I have one problem......... Can anyone tell me why it has this burnt flavor when it's used. I have tried different e juices and it's the same thing. Can anyone tell me why or how to stop it please.

Did you put on one of the new attys or using an old one?

If you put on a new one it might just need broke in. If your dripping yoru going to need to add a couple extra drops to get her going. - also might want to try blowing any primer out before you do that.

Usually the primer that is on the attys when they come has a burnt, nasty, taste to it. I blow through the battery end onto a tissue to remove that primer before I first use a new atty. Then you need to add three drops of liquid to the atty and take a few drags without inhaling, then add some more drops. I find that adding 3 drops at a time is best. How many are you adding? The atty will taste burnt if it gets too dry, so be sure to add enough liquid to keep it from getting dry. Or are you using the cartridges with filler? The filler can get stuck to the bridge in the atty and cause that burning, too. That's one of the reason I don't use the filler anymore.

Usually the primer that is on the attys when they come has a burnt, nasty, taste to it. I blow through the battery end onto a tissue to remove that primer before I first use a new atty. Then you need to add three drops of liquid to the atty and take a few drags without inhaling, then add some more drops. I find that adding 3 drops at a time is best. How many are you adding? The atty will taste burnt if it gets too dry, so be sure to add enough liquid to keep it from getting dry. Or are you using the cartridges with filler? The filler can get stuck to the bridge in the atty and cause that burning, too. That's one of the reason I don't use the filler anymore.

Everything is brand new out the box, new attys and all. So what is the best way to get rid of the primer and how long will it take to get me on the right tract fellas?

just take it off the eGo, hold over a paper towel and blow out both ends that should get the bulk of it off- then you want to be sure and add about 4 drops of liquid right on to the bridge of the atty, don't inhale the first copule of puffs - and then give it a try ;) 2-3 drops should keep you going after that if your dripping otherwise just load up yoru cartridge and put a drop or two on the bridge then give it a try.

That might be the "chemical taste" you're experiencing with you're juice too. I have never tried juice from that supplier, but a dry atty will give you a nasty burnt chemical taste. Sounds like that's what you have. Try your juice again after you've primed the atty and you might be surprised.

Sounds like it may not be getting enough juice. Carts often don't release the eliquid very well, which is why so many of us direct drip or use cartomizers. If you haven't seen it already, check out this vid on direct dripping. Also, did your Riva by chance come with low resistance attomizers?

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/topic/7996-what-is-direct-dripping-how-do-i-direct-drip/