Ego Tank, Fluxomizers And Tank Mods

uplink3r

I finally got my eGo in the mail, and it's really nice!

However, I cannot stand the cartridges. They are huge pain, and often I can taste them burning. I'm sure I can push the filling in etc, but I was pretty interested in the fluxomizer/eGo tank/tank mod solutions.

My understanding is that they put the liquid straight on the atomizer, without using that cotton-ball-type filling stuff. I heard fluxomizers need a little bit of screwing with, and are easily modded, but work pretty well if you get the right. The eGo tank seems like the coolest thing since sliced bread, and I want to buy one asap.

Anyways, I was wondering if I can't deal with cartridges, are the Tanks the way to go? Are there really any cons to the tank system? What about fluxomizers? Also, beyond the fluxomizer, are there any tank/fluxomizer type devices for the KR808?

Thanks for the info!

Edited by uplink3r

I hate those too.

I have a few tanks and their fun/nice once in a while but not for an all day vape. They loose a lot of flavor for some reason and can be fussy at times. They also drain your battery quicker. A hassle for me personally.

Have you tried a cartomizer yet? They are super low matinance, hold about 20 drops of juice and are very inexpensive. The Boge 2.0 ohm are fantastic. You can use them as disposables or clean everyone in a while and they last forever.

Good luck!

Well, I appreciate your enthusiasm. :thumbsup:

I just found the eGo MEGA Cartomizer. Do I understand correctly that it's basically a Tank in cartomizer form? I hear the disadvantage of the Tank is that it breaks atomizers more easily, so wouldn't the MEGA Cartomizer solve that problem?

Edited by uplink3r

Well, I appreciate your enthusiasm. :thumbsup:

I just found the eGo MEGA Cartomizer. Do I understand correctly that it's basically a Tank in cartomizer form? I hear the disadvantage of the Tank is that it breaks atomizers more easily, so wouldn't the MEGA Cartomizer solve that problem?

I believe it's just a big cartomizer that holds more eliquid. Being a cartomizer, it has filler in it.

I have the mega Carto also, I splurged and bought all of the mega line Lol. The mega Carto IMHO is MEh.... I don't care for the draw so much, it leaks around the seal a bit. and is a pain in the butt to fill. I use them maybe once a month now. Not terrible though. Try ordering like 5 or 6 different options and feel them all out. The Carto was the last thing on my list. Who knows what you will like.

Good luck.

The 510 fluxomizers or clearomizers come in 2 lengths, regular and XL.... reg's hold approx. 1 ml and the XL almost 1.8ml..... they are esentially mini map tanks. You HAVE to be careful with them, it's really EASY to break the seal at the bottom and the lil clear o ring. I know, I have busted 3 of them. The good thing is ya kin get them back together and use a bit of loctite superglue and they work jest fine. I am prolly gonna add my cartridge mod to one so I don't have to stop, use a syringe, and then put everything away again. I love to vape, not get every thing ready to vape. Which is why I have a 1 oz bottle attached to a long 510 carto on my passthru, which I can put on any 510, if I ever get the vendors to send me replacements. I think I did see 808 clearomizers in both sizes, but they went QUIK.

Edited by Elayna

I love my tank. I also love my low resistance cartomizers, but I also do NOT love cartridges. Before I got cartomizers or the tank, I judt did the "direct drip" thing, which is just putting 2-3 drops of liquid into the regular eGo atomizer, and puffing away for 5-6 draws. It's akin to just smoking an analog, really, and you get great flavor and vapor. It's still my preferred method if I'm just sitting at home.

The clearomizers are right now my favorite, cuz there is no fabric or filler to burn..... I did notice yesterday that when I got down close (liquid wise) to the atomiser part of the tank, it did start to taste burned, so i just refilled it and kept going.