Getting Water Out Of Flavorings

Erika

I love lorann's orange cream but the main ingredient in it is water. Is their any way to reduce the water content or should i try a different brand?

Hey Erika, If you like the LorAnn's Orange Cream why do you want to take the water out? I don't believe there is a way to remove the water. I looked at all my LorAnn's and Flavor Apprentice flavorings (44 in all), some have water and some don't. I believe they use want every is needed to achieve the desired taste. I have read a lot on the forums and web sites that carry DIY supplies. Flavoring is just like the end product, flavor is subjective. LorAnn's and long with Flavor Apprentice, and Flavor Arts are reputable manufactures of flavorings. And all, except the ones with oil, can be used for making e-liquid. Just find what you like. Lots of trial and error involved though. But once you find that sweet spot, bingo!

Good luck! :thumbsup:

The juice is fine in an atty but if i put it in a carto, all the water sinks to the bottom and with it goes the flavor. All i get is a mouth full of yummy water. No vapor. I think the issue is the amount of water in the flavoring. Water is the first listed ingredient in this one.

Not sure what you have on hand. Here is my recipe. Totally origial.

2ml vg/pg

.3 ml choc hazelnut

.6 ml orange cream

.2 ml marshmallow

Tastes just like those chocolate oranges they sell at the store

Not sure what you have on hand. Here is my recipe. Totally origial.

2ml vg/pg

.3 ml choc hazelnut

.6 ml orange cream

.2 ml marshmallow

Tastes just like those chocolate oranges they sell at the store

Hi Erika,

The water in the LorAnn will not separate. So I don't know what is sinking down into your cart.

I am so confused with your juice recipe. Of the total 2 ml of vg/pg, what percentage is the vg and what percentage is the pg? Is the nic included in the pg/vg or is this a zero nic recipe? :question:

i know what it is, because i do not make my own but i know exactly the feeling she is getting! i have gotten that too... now i cant say what exactly causes it, but its not the flavoring, from what i understand PG actually pulls moisture out of the air and your cartos and liquids will eventually collect moisture... i really dont know how to deal with it personally, i usually just grab a new carto... which BTW are out of stock !!! omg!!!

i know what it is, because i do not make my own but i know exactly the feeling she is getting! i have gotten that too... now i cant say what exactly causes it, but its not the flavoring, from what i understand PG actually pulls moisture out of the air and your cartos and liquids will eventually collect moisture... i really dont know how to deal with it personally, i usually just grab a new carto... which BTW are out of stock !!! omg!!!

My carto was a fresh one and i filled it 10 minutes or so prior to using it. Hmmm. The same thing happened to me when i thinned my vg with just a little water to use in a carto. I looked at a lot of the other loranns flavorings. On most, water is the second or third ingredient but on the orange cream, it is the first.

Any suggestions on a different brand of flavoring. I really do love this recipe and it tasted just like it was meant to.

Edited to add: and thank you for posting. I was starting to wonder if i was losing it.

Edited by Erika

I am also using Flavor Apprentice and I just ordered some Flavour Art AAA Magic Mask and MTS Vape Wizard. One Stop DIY Shop is a great place to buy flavorings. You can get a 10% discount using "ecf" code. Check them out and let me know what you think.