Diy Flavorings

Okay from the few post I have made most can see that if it is possible to overcomplicate a simple procedure...I'll find a way to do it.

I am looking forward to mixing my first DIY juices, and I am sure that among all the various flavors available I could probably mix to my heart contents for a long, long, time...but...

I am very curious about creating my own base flavoring agents. I have seen some mention of boiling and condensing pipe tobacco for some really edgy flavors, as well as doing the same with various brands of alcohol, teas, coffees, lawn clippings, great Aunt Gerties cremated remains, thats green and black fuzzy stuff thats been sitting in the back of the fridge since 1988, great Aunt Gerties undies that should have been cremated with her but weren't, left over pizza slices found in the couch cushions, etc..basicly anything that can be condensed down to just a flavor agent,

I know the simple answer is...buy premade food flavors...but dang it that doesn't sooth the mad scientist, homebrewer, pathological ruiner of betty crocker recipes that I am.

soooo...any advice, quickie hints, tips, recipes, web addys where I might find some info on this subject?

Look at it this way..I am going to post what I do..I am going to post anything taht turns out well...and for your humor and delight I will post every 5ml bottle of

"essence of c-diff" :nuke: (other nurses should appreciate that) that I create.

I allready have some flavor ideas in mind...heck I've even come up with some "names" for the flavors...double heck some of em I cam up with the name first and figured out what flavors would best exemplify that name. So for fun and giggles set me off on my fools errand and lets see what kinda mess I can Make.

LOL--you can absolutely keep the essence of c-diff---get more than enough of that at work !!!

Tons and Tons of Trial and error with mixing--there really isn't any right or wrong. Keep in mind that what ever you put into your mix, you will be putting into your lungs. Granted, not much can be worse than cigarette.

My link This link is for DIY basics. and can at least get you started. The problem with making your own flavoring is flavor retention, and time and effort. However, will love to hear what you come up with.

I really love mixing. so many flavor combinations. The DIY section has some recipes floating around.