How Do I Put It Down?

xxsammyxx

since getting a e cig i have not been able to stop vaping. i hear this is common but since im vaping way more than i was smoking im worried ima get more addicted to nic rather than being able to cut it down.

maybe im just being silly but it would be cool to get some feedback

It has been almost 2 months for me since I quit smoking and I am still in love with vaping. I vape more and more each day. I went from 12 mg of nic to 24mg of nic. I have had no ill effects as of yet. wait, I do notice one thing, I am more happier and I sleep much better now.

It's normal to vape more often in the beginning. If you have to go 2hrs or more in between vapes, then you might want to invest in a 5v mod or LR simulations to make it feel more like "smoke breaks".

Here is an interesting study being conducted and the preliminary findings to date by Dr. Eisenbergs.

Put it down? Stop vaping? What is this of which you speak?

I love vaping. I vape as much as I can. I don't think it affects the nic amount at all. I started out at 36mg nic, but found out I did just fine on the 24mg that I had, so I quit buying the 36mg. Later I had some 18mg nic in sample bottles and I did just fine on that, so I quit buying the 24mg. I worked my way right on down to 0 nic in no time at all. I still use 0 nic most of the time, but I also have a bunch of nic left, so I mix some up now and then and use it. When I try a new juice, for some reason I tend to buy it in the 11-12mg range, but when I mix I tend to go with 3 or 6. But even vaping at 0 for several days or weeks in a row doesn't bother me at all. And going back to the nic doesn't seem to make a difference either. I've found it's a lot easier to not vape than it was to not smoke. If I had to go very long without smoking, it would drive me crazy. Not vaping for long periods of time doesn't bother me at all. But I still vape as much as I can or as much as I want without any worries at all. But that's just me.

Put it down? Stop vaping? What is this of which you speak?

I love vaping. I vape as much as I can. I don't think it affects the nic amount at all. I started out at 36mg nic, but found out I did just fine on the 24mg that I had, so I quit buying the 36mg. Later I had some 18mg nic in sample bottles and I did just fine on that, so I quit buying the 24mg. I worked my way right on down to 0 nic in no time at all. I still use 0 nic most of the time, but I also have a bunch of nic left, so I mix some up now and then and use it. When I try a new juice, for some reason I tend to buy it in the 11-12mg range, but when I mix I tend to go with 3 or 6. But even vaping at 0 for several days or weeks in a row doesn't bother me at all. And going back to the nic doesn't seem to make a difference either. I've found it's a lot easier to not vape than it was to not smoke. If I had to go very long without smoking, it would drive me crazy. Not vaping for long periods of time doesn't bother me at all. But I still vape as much as I can or as much as I want without any worries at all. But that's just me.

i find that very intresting. i assumed it would be the same feeling

I vape constantly my self, and have gone down in my nic levels too, but I still buy a few 24 mg's for the bad days. I wonder, with that study what the effect of nic in such high quantitys is. To be honest I can't tell the diff between 12 mg now and 24. I'd like to know. I think I'm vaping between 12 and 15 mls a day.

I too vape more than I smoked. It might be I can vape in the house but I had to smoke outside. My husband is a non-smoker and some of the juice I use he loves the smell. I vape a blueberry cheesecake and he said it made him want to go find something sweet to eat. lol He might be the one to gain weight instead of me. I vape my desserts now, I don't eat them. I started out on 24mg and am still at 24mg. I went down to 16-18 and found that at that moment I needed the 24, some days if I had 36mg I would probably vape that too.. I am going to mix my on juice soon and see what nic I can get by with. I have also found that I can go longer periods of time when vaping and not have a "nicotine fit" as my mom used to say. Good luck on your journey.

I too vape more than I smoked. It might be I can vape in the house but I had to smoke outside. My husband is a non-smoker and some of the juice I use he loves the smell. I vape a blueberry cheesecake and he said it made him want to go find something sweet to eat. lol He might be the one to gain weight instead of me. I vape my desserts now, I don't eat them. I started out on 24mg and am still at 24mg. I went down to 16-18 and found that at that moment I needed the 24, some days if I had 36mg I would probably vape that too.. I am going to mix my on juice soon and see what nic I can get by with. I have also found that I can go longer periods of time when vaping and not have a "nicotine fit" as my mom used to say. Good luck on your journey.

I thnk it's the same for me. When I smoked, I had to go outside and I picked a great winter to have an excuse to stay inside. I probably vape about twice as much as I smoked (24mg), some days even more than that. If I vape too much mentha or something really sweet, it tends to make me feel a little sick to my stomach, but I can usually counter that with something a little less sweet (Dulcis or Midnight) and I feel okay.

I vape constantly my self, and have gone down in my nic levels too, but I still buy a few 24 mg's for the bad days. I wonder, with that study what the effect of nic in such high quantitys is. To be honest I can't tell the diff between 12 mg now and 24. I'd like to know. I think I'm vaping between 12 and 15 mls a day.

Beans that's impossible, no way your vaping 12 to 15 mls a day really?

I'm vaping around 6ml a day. Some days it might be a little more. When I am home and I don't have a lot to do, I vape more. When I get some new juices, I seem to vape more. If I could find a way to hold my ego in my mouth and press the button without using my hands, I would vape even more than 6ml. I can not tell a lie, I just love to vape! I don't think nic addiction has anything to do with it. I have a few zero juices and I love them just as much as my 16mg juices. :thumbsup:

since getting a e cig i have not been able to stop vaping. i hear this is common but since im vaping way more than i was smoking im worried ima get more addicted to nic rather than being able to cut it down.

maybe im just being silly but it would be cool to get some feedback

Worried? In vaping that word should only be used when you hear things about the FDA or Chinese New Year. Have you thought that maybe worrying could be a cause of your chain vaping? Don't worry. Buy 500 ml of Atomic Cinnacide, vape, and relax.:)

Beans that's impossible, no way your vaping 12 to 15 mls a day really?

I know terrible right. I started filling 4 3 ml btls every night of my favorite flavors for the next day, and 4 cartos with corresponding flavors, by 7 at night their all empty :(

I'm waiting for my wedding season to start, so I'm home ALL day with nothing to do but play on my iPad , read and vape.

I start working next month so I will be vaping less. Is that really bad? lol

Wow! I've vaping about 5 to 6 ml per day and I thought I was vaping A LOT. You have me beat by a long shot. As long as you're not getting sick or anything from that much, it isn't bad. It's sure a whole lot better than smoking. What strength nic juice are you using?

I give myself sore throats and headaches on occasion, nothing too bad. Mostly 16 mg.

I'm getting sick right now so I'm not vaping much of anything at the moment.

Edited by Beans

I have been vaping for about 4 months now and feel so much better, I started going back to the gym and noticed I dont get out of breath like I use to when I was a smoker, so in my opinion I dont care how much more a person vapes now than when they first started vaping, its so much better than the other option, so vape your brains out :thumbsup:

I vape all the time....for a year now, well okay, over a year. BUT I have vaped the same nic the whole time 16-18. Since I don't have any kind of problem that nic would interfere with I am not trying to reduce or eliminate it. Heck, I chewed nic gum for years trying to stop smoking....ummmm it didn't work...I smoked less, but never really QUIT. But with vaping I ONLY vape, so I am not smoking. It was the smoke I was trying to eliminate since inhaling SMOKE is not good for anyone's airways, plus all the carcinogens. Personally I am no more concerned about nicotine consumption than I am about caffeine consumption. I run a SUPER low BP, so no worries there. PLUS it is a proven fact that smokers have far less incidence of alzheimers and parkinsons.....they are evening using nicotine inhalers and patches in studies and some clinical settings with those patients....my mother in law being one of them....she has Parkinson's, never smoked. My friend's mom has alzheimer's, also never smoked now being treated with nic patch....it is being shown to have positive effects in cognitive function. SO by using nic I could very well be HELPING my brain. Nicotine in and of itself is not a bad thing. Smoking is bad because of all the chemicals and poisons they put into tobacco PLUS the fact that it is SMOKE....just like in a fire most people succumb to smoke inhalation, far before any flames get to them. Our lungs/airways need oxygen, not smoke. Anyway, personally, I am not concerned about vaping too much.....I have vaped and gotten that lightheaded feeling, same as I did with smoking too much. Then you stop for a few minutes....if you pay attention to your body, you will know IF and when you are vaping, smoking, drinking, eating, etc too much. Other than that, I wouldn't stress over it.....heck, stressing is probably far worse than vaping ever could be in terms of your health!!! Enjoy and be happy you are no longer smoking!!!

im just worried cuz i cant vape at school i guess. and if i get that use to it it could be hard not to

Umm...You can't vape at school? You could hide in the bathroom or a closet for a quick vape. I do in bathrooms everywhere including a couple of schools. Some people stealth vape and some even swallow the vapor which I cannot but if you hold it in longer or what I do is blow it into my arm or a jacket or a puppet...yeah, a puppet. If you wanna hear a real funny McGyver trick I use a little clear tube from Home Depot and have it running the length of my arm inside my jacket and blow the vapor into the tube at my wrist so it goes into the inside pocket.

I vape all day btw and even as soon as I wake which I never did with analogs. I have wondered recently but I am not really too worried about the nic addiction. I am trying to go from 24 mg to 18 with some success but I won't worry too much for another year or more then I may try to go down a few more Mgs and etc. each year or whatever. Anyway i'm rambling now!

:devil:

• 1 month later...

I know terrible right. I started filling 4 3 ml btls every night of my favorite flavors for the next day, and 4 cartos with corresponding flavors, by 7 at night their all empty :(

I'm waiting for my wedding season to start, so I'm home ALL day with nothing to do but play on my iPad , read and vape.

I start working next month so I will be vaping less. Is that really bad? lol

The thing with cartos though is you can never vape every last drop out of them. So you may be 'using' 12-15 ml per day... but I bet you aren't vaping that much. I go through a bunch of juice also since I use cartos... but this is what I think is happening. Of course, I purposely DON'T vape my cartos till they are dry... I'm toppin' off way before I ever get to that point! I suppose I could be wrong... but I doubt I 'vape' all the juice I 'use' in a day. :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

Umm...You can't vape at school?

haha, I vape in class all the time. Professor turns his attention away from class, then I pull my 510 out and put it in my sleeve and blow the vapor in my arm.

If I still worked I believe I would vape at my desk and when someone came I would suck all that vapor and hold it in my mouth and then duck under my desk and blow what was left under the desk. Where I used to work I don't think the secretarys would find that anything unusual for me to do. I got a lot of, what's she doing and they would say "Oh, that's just Cheryl".lol I worked on a university campus so wierd things happened all the time, so I wasn't alone on the wierd end of the spectrum. :lol:

I wish I could spell correctly and I wouldn't have to edit as much.

Edited by cheshyl

xx, someday, maybe soon, you will understand that you can do what ever you feel you need or want.

And believe it or not, no person will be able to criticize you for your choices.

Oh, you must be talking about when I go to heaven!!!! LOL I can't see that happening in this world!